Scotch eggs

BikerAngel

Silver Member
Just made these tonight for my lunch at work on Thurs and Fri and cut one to taste and see if it was ready. If you have the mag Aug/Sept I totally recomend you try these but be aware you need 6-8hrs chilling then cook them. I will get hubby to take photo of them and will put on the thread for recepies. I would also say the recepie says to use 7oz bread for the covering but you don't need that much.

is that the ones made with chicken mince?
i want to make these but cant find chicken mince anywhere

oh should have also said since I could not hunt down the chicken mince and didn't want to make myself I used pork mince and it was lovely you could also use turkey mince if you wanted.

Ive made mine without any covering like the bread or cous cous and have enjoyed them as they were.

Hi i made Scotch Eggs today, covered the eggs with the meat from s.w sausages brushed with beaten egg the rolled them in finely crushed ryvita, baked in hot oven for 25 mins....absolutely gorgeous.

Hi i made Scotch Eggs today, covered the eggs with the meat from s.w sausages brushed with beaten egg the rolled them in finely crushed ryvita, baked in hot oven for 25 mins....absolutely gorgeous.

Don't want to be a killjoy, and not entirely sure, but if the Ryvitas are being finely crushed would they still count as a Hex B??? xx

yes they would. I make them with pork mince whizzed in processor and put bacon around it so its syn free.

Ooooh, these sound lush, where will i find the recipe for them. are they syn free or syns? thanks xxx

Back