Scottie's Exante Journey - Phase 2!

Good luck for your 100% today scotminx!!!! I'm sure you'll have a great day!!!!! xx

Finally got round to reading some of your diary and you are doing fab! Another few days 100% and you'll be in those 12's!!

Fair play to you for avoiding the temptations of mighty Chinese food whilst your mates scoffed it down- I know I couldn't have done that!

When you said about wearing something that was ok and did the job of hiding the bulges I thought- that's what I do!! Lol, its a huge battle having to go out for me purely because of what i look like. But just think soon we will be able to wear pretty much whatever we want, within reason obviously ;) and you will be in that 6-12 dress size bracket with your friends too!

Now I may get told off by BB here but about the daily weighing.... I do it every day too and no matter how much I tell myself I'm not going to, I always do! For me it helps (apart from when the witch is staying!) to see where I am going right or wrong! Plus I actually wake up every day and shoot out of bed so fast just so that I can weigh in for the day! 9 times out of 10 it puts a smile on my face for the rest of the day! Unless iv had a naughty weekend ;) Also it makes me more determined! But everyone is different so just do what you feel is right!

Keep it up scotminx as you are doing brilliantly! Jeez there is going to be alot of us hot ass minimins in a few months time ;) haha xx

Here comes the hotness ;)

Yeah resisting the chinese was hard, but I think part of it was about not wanting knocked out of ketosis which, if I'm honest, has helped me avoid temptation so far (it was such a struggle to get into in the first place!!).

I can't wait to be able to wear clothes that I actually like and want to wear... Although, I've been overweight for so long that I don't know what my "style" is. Sooo excited about all the fun I'll have finding out!

Hope you're having a good day :) xx

Well today so far has been 100% TS but I'm struggling with a psychological craving for smoked sausage (I'm not physically hungry, I just really want to eat something savoury!!). It's tough as I've half convinced myself that as it probably won't knock me out of ketosis I might get away with it... Dangerous thinking that as I'm worried it will be a slippery road to lots of protein nibbling :(

Off to have a nose around the site and get that motivation going again! xx

Well today so far has been 100% TS but I'm struggling with a psychological craving for smoked sausage (I'm not physically hungry, I just really want to eat something savoury!!). It's tough as I've half convinced myself that as it probably won't knock me out of ketosis I might get away with it... Dangerous thinking that as I'm worried it will be a slippery road to lots of protein nibbling :(

Off to have a nose around the site and get that motivation going again! xx

You can look at that 2 ways, you can think NO, and that's it, or you can think "ok, I'm really craving this, if I deny myself is it going to leadto a binge??"If you think you can control it then don't do it but if you're not sure, just have a little nibble. That's what I always do and although I might be advising totally wrong and against what exante say, it really helps me, ask anyone who knows me on here and they'll tell you! It's never made a difference to my loss either.

Whatever you decide will be right for you :) Good luck!! x x x x

You can look at that 2 ways, you can think NO, and that's it, or you can think "ok, I'm really craving this, if I deny myself is it going to leadto a binge??"If you think you can control it then don't do it but if you're not sure, just have a little nibble. That's what I always do and although I might be advising totally wrong and against what exante say, it really helps me, ask anyone who knows me on here and they'll tell you! It's never made a difference to my loss either.

Whatever you decide will be right for you :) Good luck!! x x x x

Thanks BB for your wise words! Turns out I did cave and eat half a smoked sausage, however, that was enough and I stopped there!! I was walking a dangerous line last night, and if half a smoked sausage stops me from having a carb binge so be it! My calories for the day were still very low (<900) so I should still lose. Am also still in ketosis this morning :)

Feeling much more positive today and a 100% TS day is ON! xx

Well done!!!!! That's what I found, that if I eat just a little something, it stops me going mad and scoffing everything in the house! I very much doubt if it will affect your loss either, you'll be fine!!!! :D x x x

Just zooming in quickly to say....

I have been 100% TS today - woohoo!!!!!

And now I'm off to bed to make sure it stays that way ;)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

xx

Just a quick check in again - have been really busy today. Had a family meal out and thought I would be ok for WS as we were eating at a fish restaurant, but the only ketogenic meal was quite small and unfortunately I was left quite hungry and was thus drooling over the bread basket. However, I resisted temptation (I tell ya, the possibility of getting kicked out of ketosis is probably the best motivator for not cheating i've ever had) and eventually got home to have my bar with a cuppa. The lesson for me today was that I should have an emergency bar in my bag with me at all times - I won't be left hungry/caught short again!

Hope you've all had a good day :)

xx

Bloody well done you!!!!!!!! You're really insipring me at the moment because I've been mucking about with this now for the past month and am actually 2lbs up to this time last month but reading your struggles and how you just deal with them is a real inspiration :D xx Keep it up, you're doing fab and SO deserve to get where you want to. x x x

Bloody well done you!!!!!!!! You're really insipring me at the moment because I've been mucking about with this now for the past month and am actually 2lbs up to this time last month but reading your struggles and how you just deal with them is a real inspiration :D xx Keep it up, you're doing fab and SO deserve to get where you want to. x x x

Aww thanks BB - it is a struggle but my holiday (now three weeks away) is my focus point right now. I want to stick with it until then and hopefully be down another stone (including this week's WI) so that I can do some last minute pre-holiday clothes shopping. Some days the thought "it's only 3 more weeks" is all that keeps me going if I'm honest... I take my hat off to anyone that can do TS 100% for months on end = hard work and determination indeed! I'm probably doing 70% WS/30% TS at the moment and it's still hard going... But for me it helps and so far it seems to be working!

Come on missus - get yourself back on the wagon and that 2lbs (and then some!!) will be gone in no time. Maybe do a mix of WS/TS and plan ahead if 100% TS is too much?

xx

Well, today has been a pretty good day so far! Had my shake for breakfast (banana = yum!) and a WS meal as a late lunch (chicken, brocolli and mushrooms with a little garlic butter and mozarella = yum yum!!). Also went a good long walk and looking forward to my bar with a cuppa later.

Really hoping I get a good result on the scales this week but I know I sometimes stall on week 3 (especially if I've had a big loss in week 1) so we'll see.

xx

Congrats on another good day! I've got 10 weeks until my wedding and I don't mind what weight I am as long as I look and feel OK in my dress. Ultimately my goal is a longgggggggg way off but I'll get there :) xx

Congrats on another good day! I've got 10 weeks until my wedding and I don't mind what weight I am as long as I look and feel OK in my dress. Ultimately my goal is a longgggggggg way off but I'll get there :) xx

We'll both get there BB - we just need to keep hanging in there - hard work and determination all the way :D xx

Hey scotminx
Just had a read through your diary well done you seem to be doing really well, just wanted to say well done :)

Thanks DQ :)

I couldn't have made it this far without minimins for support though! I've been addicted to the site over the past few weeks...

Today hasn't been so good. Had very little sleep last night and the packs just weren't enough to see me through the day at work so I've had a WS lunch (chicken salad) and a WS dinner (omlette) today as well as a shake for brekkie. Feel a bit sick now :(

Really hope it doesn't have too much of an impact on my WI tomorrow. Have also been a bit backed up the past couple of days (sorry tmi) so think it's time to investigate psyllium husks.

Crossing my fingers and toes for an ok result on the scales tomorrow!

Hope you've all had a nice day :)

xx

Good Luck for tomorrow!!! I'm sure you'll do FINE and a bit of salad isn't going to make a difference chicken!!!!

Regarding your 'problem' movicol are good for a bit ofa traffic jam :p

Can't wait to see how well you've done tomorrow! Don't forget to post on the 2 month challenge site! :D x x x

Hi Scotminx
You're doing fab and making great choices when it comes to your WS meals!
Good luck for WI x

Well!?!?!!?!??! How many have you lost!!??! Are you in the 12's ???? Eeeeeek I'm so excited to hear !! :D xxx

Well!?!?!!?!??! How many have you lost!!??! Are you in the 12's ???? Eeeeeek I'm so excited to hear !! :D xxx

Hehe - loving the enthusiam BB :D. Had quite a hectic day so have only just made it to the pc...

I lost 2lbs!!!!!

Could have been more, but like I said, I've had a bit of a traffic jam going on ;) so I'm hoping it'll be a bit more once I get that sorted. Plus, that's 13lbs in 3 weeks - that's the most I've ever lost in such a short space of time.

Been so busy today that I've not really had time to think about food so it's been 100% from me - think I'll go HONK :D

Hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine :)

xx

Back