Scottie's Exante Journey - Phase 2!

No offence caused lady :) I just meant that you shouldn't see yourself like the 'fat frined' because you're SO not...even if you were once which so was I at 17st in January!! lol

It's a long old journey but it'll be worth it won't it. Hope you're having a good weekend :) x

No offence caused lady :) I just meant that you shouldn't see yourself like the 'fat frined' because you're SO not...even if you were once which so was I at 17st in January!! lol

It's a long old journey but it'll be worth it won't it. Hope you're having a good weekend :) x

Thanks BB - good advice as always. Weekend going well so far - still 100% so that's a win :D :D

Here's to a 100% week ahead!

Ok, here comes the moan...:wave_cry:

Today has been hard :(. I've had a headache that I have been struggling to shift since about 9pm last night, I've broken out in cold sores, and TOTM is here with a vengance (much heavier than usual). It was a very long day at work. Humph...

Feeling sorry for myself, I have munched a handful of nuts and a few slices of cooked meat. I have also had a bottle of diet irn bru (my favourite) - yes I know I shouldn't have, but I feel like poo... Today has been another lesson in emotional eating for me - it seems feeling poorly/sorry for myself is right up there as a trigger!

Am fed up being overweight, fed up having to think about diets, fed up putting my life on hold...

WOOOOSAAAAAAA

*Tries to shake it off* Ok, so I've not been 100% today but I'm hoping that my high protein "cheats" won't do too much harm. Also hoping that my diet irn bru won't cause too much harm either (got away with it on Atkins so don't think it will affect K for me).

I've also had to get new scales as my old ones were giving me a different reading every time I stepped on them - not very reliable. So am a bit annoyed I have new scales for my week 2 WI tomorrow as judging by my sneek peek they seem to run a bit heavier than my old ones :( soooooo not what I need right now.

Anyhoo, am going to take some paracetamol and drink plenty of water to see if I can shake off this funk... I'm hoping that having some time on minimins will pick me back up again :)

Here's to a fresh new day tomorrow!

Snap out of it Mrs :) A few nuts and a bottle of irn bru never did anyone much harm! You've done really well to have just that and some sliced meat to be honest!!! That's how you have to look at it, think of what you would normally have eaten when you feel poo and look at the small amount you actually had! You've done exceptionally well!!! And it's not forever...just until you're happy with you. Did you work out how many weeks it would take you to get to goal losing weight at a rate which you're comfortable with? That really helped me when I realised I only had to do it for 22 weeks which has now pretty rapidly turned into just 11 weeks so it ISN'T forever and when you get hungry or feeling a bit down,just think that and it will hopefully get you through it,it works for me most of the time anyway.Chin up lovely, you're doing great and having nothing to feel down about re what you ate. As I said, I think you've done brilliantly to just have that!!! :D xx

Gah! I've also now eaten a piece of cheese and another couple of nuts - think I'd best take myself off to bed before it turns into a binge! I'm just having one of those days I think...

Thanks for your message BB - very helpful as always. You're absolutely right - some nuts, a bite of cheese and a few slices of meat is soooo not what I'd usually have as a cheat or a binge. It shouldn't do much damage (if any) - just need to make sure I don't make a habit of it.

I did count up the weeks and it was incredibly helpful - I'd recommend it to anyone. I even made a wee chart for myself to track predicted and actual losses. According to my calculations, I should be at goal weight by the 1st week in December. This is based on 10lbs a month following WS (I've been doing a mix of TS/WS and think I'll probably continue to do so as it fits my lifestyle better) and allows for a couple of weeks off for my holiday and birthday (with a week to get back on track at the other side too). So, I'm hoping I've been quite generous and that it will actually be a bit faster with my TS days added to the equation. However, if I can have 4 stone off by christmas I'll be a very happy girl...

Phew, even just typing that has cheered me up - I love minimins - don't know how I would have made it through these last two weeks without the support of the boards.

Here's to tomorrow's WI! :)

p.s. well done on making it halfway BB - you're such a star!

Morning scotminx, you are doing great. I couldnt believe it when you mentioned your scales and totm as that is exactly me. I had to buy new scales on sat as my old ones only read 888, whatever that means, then totm were late but lo behold arrived yesterday and they are very heavy. My new scales are not being kind at all as it looks like I have STS which is not pleasing me at all. Hoping it is just totm and next week will be a great loss. We can do this together as we are aiming to lose similar amounts in the same timescale. xx

Morning Scotminx
Good luck for today! Sounds like you made great choices in what you did eat yesterday, so shouldn't make much difference to your weight loss.
Worked out my weeks too - definitely motivational! I'm 3.5 weeks through what will probably be 18 weeks in total - not bad!

Morning SM!!!! :D

Wishing you a fantastic day for today and just think, only a few months out of your WHOLE LIFE to go until you're thin!!! YAY!!!!!! Keep at it and the more you lose the easier it will become. Keep smiling :D x x x x

Drumroll please............

I lost 3.5lbs this week!!!! That's 11lbs in just 2 weeks :eek::eek::eek:. I have never lost that much weight in such a short space of time on any other diet (and believe me I tried everything except a VLCD before) even when I was at my biggest at 18st 2lbs. I think then I only 9lbs in my first 3 weeks on Scottish Slimmers (a bit like WW). Plus TOTM is still floating about so I think 3.5lbs is a WIN under the circumstances!

Am so happy and loving exante today - definitely smiling now :D:D:D.

Off to update my signature and think I might also treat myself to a ticker ;) - woo-woo, SM is on the exante express train to fabulousness!!!

Hope you're all having a good day :)
xx

Morning scotminx, you are doing great. I couldnt believe it when you mentioned your scales and totm as that is exactly me. I had to buy new scales on sat as my old ones only read 888, whatever that means, then totm were late but lo behold arrived yesterday and they are very heavy. My new scales are not being kind at all as it looks like I have STS which is not pleasing me at all. Hoping it is just totm and next week will be a great loss. We can do this together as we are aiming to lose similar amounts in the same timescale. xx

That's quite spooky! I was annoyed about my scales (why is it that new ones seem to run heavier :confused:) but still got a good loss this week so can't really complain. There also seem to be loads of exante-ers all with TOTM just now which is weird - I mean they say that ladies who live/work together tend to get in sync but online buddies???? That's taking it to a new level lol... Although I've probably spent more time with minis in the last 2 weeks than I have with my "real life" friends so that might explain it :p.

Don't worry about the STS jinty - I know it's annoying - but like you say, I'm sure you'll be in for a big loss next week. Nice to know that we have similar goals and timescales - we can hang in there together.

Hope you're having a fab day :) xx

Morning Scotminx
Good luck for today! Sounds like you made great choices in what you did eat yesterday, so shouldn't make much difference to your weight loss.
Worked out my weeks too - definitely motivational! I'm 3.5 weeks through what will probably be 18 weeks in total - not bad!

Thanks LED! My choices didn't affect my WL it would seem but I will definitely not be making a habit of it. I was genuinely physically hungry at work today and had to split my bar to have some earlier than usual. Even though I got away with it on the scales I think my protein picking awoke the hunger beast. Have been 100% today though so my exante head is firmly back in place after my wee wobble yesterday :).

That's exciting that you only have about 15 weeks to go - doesn't seem long at all does it??? And congrats on your fab week 3 loss - you're doing so well :) xx

Glad to hear about the fab loss Scotminx, and that you've got your 100% head back on! After eating on Saturday I was extra hungry for a couple of days but pleased that its faded away again now, so keep with it!
LED x

Glad to hear about the fab loss Scotminx, and that you've got your 100% head back on! After eating on Saturday I was extra hungry for a couple of days but pleased that its faded away again now, so keep with it!
LED x

Thanks LED - am still grinning and I was on the scales really early before heading off to work this morning. It's quite sad really - couldn't wait to get to get home and onto minimins to share my good news :p. Hope you're having a good day too! SMx

Gah! According to the scales I'm a half pound up this morning :(

I know that's not physically possible as I was 100% yesterday and know I'm still in K as I'm working some major dog breath... Blinking phantom weight increases!!! *shakes fist*

That's it for daily weighing for me. I know I said it before, but I was feeling all chuffed with myself and wanted to sneak a peek after a good day yesterday but I'm now done. Official WIs only, and if I need a peek I get one at the half way week mark (Fri or Sat).

One thing it has done is motivate me to get on with another 100% TS day today - I will see a loss at my next WI!

Hope you all have a good day today :)

Well done :D and stop weighing daily!!!! I do it sometimes and it gets me so depressed!!! lol Even though I've lost it gets me down if they're up slightly.

So pleased for your loss so far, 3lbs until you're out of the teens! YAY!!!!!

Have a good day! :D :D xx

So pleased for your loss so far, 3lbs until you're out of the teens! YAY!!!!!

Can't believe I hadn't thought of that. Going for a few 100% TS days now (including today - yay!) with gusto to try and get out of the teens by Tuesday WI next week. That's so exciting - it's been over 6 years I think since I last saw 12 something on the scales...

:) xx

Hi scotminx well done on your fantastic loss. I have lost a lb this week. I am blaming the scales lol. Was naughty this morning, went to order my wedding cake and ended up sampling it. I couldn't not try my own cake, so lord only knows how it will affect my K. Not to worry. I havent eaten anything else so looking forward to my soup in a minute. xx

Gah! According to the scales I'm a half pound up this morning :(

I know that's not physically possible as I was 100% yesterday and know I'm still in K as I'm working some major dog breath... Blinking phantom weight increases!!! *shakes fist*

That's it for daily weighing for me. I know I said it before, but I was feeling all chuffed with myself and wanted to sneak a peek after a good day yesterday but I'm now done. Official WIs only, and if I need a peek I get one at the half way week mark (Fri or Sat).

One thing it has done is motivate me to get on with another 100% TS day today - I will see a loss at my next WI!

Hope you all have a good day today :)

I need to do this too - the scales are way too tempting! Congrats on your loss so far :)

Hi scotminx well done on your fantastic loss. I have lost a lb this week. I am blaming the scales lol. Was naughty this morning, went to order my wedding cake and ended up sampling it. I couldn't not try my own cake, so lord only knows how it will affect my K. Not to worry. I havent eaten anything else so looking forward to my soup in a minute. xx

Thanks Jinty - well done on your loss (down is down no matter by how much). It will be the scales and I'm sure you'll get a fab result next week.

I think you're entitled to a sample of your own wedding cake (especially with the price of them :eek:). You might just get away with it depending on the size of the sample. Regardless, you're doing the right thing by getting straight back to your packs. You could have used it as an excuse to come off plan for the rest of the day but haven't so a big pat on the back is deserved for you - well done lady!! xx

Finally got round to reading some of your diary and you are doing fab! Another few days 100% and you'll be in those 12's!!

Fair play to you for avoiding the temptations of mighty Chinese food whilst your mates scoffed it down- I know I couldn't have done that!

When you said about wearing something that was ok and did the job of hiding the bulges I thought- that's what I do!! Lol, its a huge battle having to go out for me purely because of what i look like. But just think soon we will be able to wear pretty much whatever we want, within reason obviously ;) and you will be in that 6-12 dress size bracket with your friends too!

Now I may get told off by BB here but about the daily weighing.... I do it every day too and no matter how much I tell myself I'm not going to, I always do! For me it helps (apart from when the witch is staying!) to see where I am going right or wrong! Plus I actually wake up every day and shoot out of bed so fast just so that I can weigh in for the day! 9 times out of 10 it puts a smile on my face for the rest of the day! Unless iv had a naughty weekend ;) Also it makes me more determined! But everyone is different so just do what you feel is right!

Keep it up scotminx as you are doing brilliantly! Jeez there is going to be alot of us hot ass minimins in a few months time ;) haha xx

Back