Scum!

Sorry to hear about this Sarah. I'm glad you and yours are okay and unharmed. There are some crazy people out there. To break into someone's home is simply crossing the line. I hope they get caught and are duly punished.

Sorry to hear of the theft, I know there will be stuff you can't replace ~ pics, letters, essays etc. If you buy a cheapish external hard drive you can every now and again back everything up on to it! Not much help now I know but you won't lose everything again! You can also back up pics onto discs, my boss prefers the external hard drive! bought after the boys released a virus onto his pc! Now 1 a week he brings it downstairs and updates it!
As I said not much help but a future reference.
They will catch the ******* that did it, maybe not for your burglary but they will get them!
Glad no one was hurt though! For that at least you can be grateful.

How horrid for you. Just a thought that springs to mind - are there "favourite" websites on your laptop that you log into automatically? Could someone else log in from the info on the laptops? If so, you might need to change passwords.

Sarah, I know exactly how you feel. We had the same approx 5 months after we moved into this house (laptop, handbag & phone - basically what was left in the lounge). We were in bed at the time.

Ours wasn't a run of the mill break in though - we'd bought a new-build house and a key was used to get in! Our immediate neighbour was done the same way on the same night as well.

If/when we move house (new or 2nd hand) I will always change the barrels on all exterior access doors - just in case.

So sorry to hear. Crappy times and the pigs will get their come-uppance.

Minimunchkins, your story's terrible!! Did they ever get the culprit? x

No one has ever been caught. 'My' police officer initially didn't believe that a key could have been used .... that was until he spoke to his colleague who was at my neighbours house. There were 2 of them who could catagorically confirm that they'd locked their door!

I got my purse back same day (minus cash - all cards still present) but the biggest loss were the photos on my laptop :cry: I back-up to a disk now.

So sorry to hear about your break in, i don't know what to say but just wanted to send you a hug and i hope the scumbags get caught!

Hxx

Sarah,

I appreciate that it could be too late by now or your laptops were top of the range but I just wanted to say that I wished I'd never contacted my insurance company!

My laptop was approx £400 to replace but the renewals on the insurance since have far outweighed the claim!

Just a thought :wave_cry:

Oh thats such a horrid thing for someone to do. I bet they wouldn't like it if someone did that to them so why do it to someone else. My husband a couple of years ago was hit over the head and ended up in a&e just because someone wanted his mobile!

Thanks, Sue.

As a (generally) non-violent person I think killing them may be a little extreme.
But at the moment, I'd be quite happy to chop off some bits that they may be somewhat attached to!

I am normally a pacifist but it has it's limits.

O.k. I will go with the chopping some bits of.

I will start with his/her head lol !!!!

Your turn next.............................

How horrid for you. Just a thought that springs to mind - are there "favourite" websites on your laptop that you log into automatically? Could someone else log in from the info on the laptops? If so, you might need to change passwords.

Thanks, Saute-Grenouille.

I have changed my FB, Twitter & Minis passwords. I'm hoping that all my banking stuff is ok, as it doesn't stay logged on, and there are 3 separate passwords to it. Here's hoping.

I am normally a pacifist but it has it's limits.

O.k. I will go with the chopping some bits of.

I will start with his/her head lol !!!!

Your turn next.............................

Oh Sue, I was going for those useless pieces of gristle between his legs, that he's probably quite attached to.

hope you are ok chick.
should go back to olden days where they cut thieves hands off!!!

Oh Sue, I was going for those useless pieces of gristle between his legs, that he's probably quite attached to.

I think he might be more attached to his head :D but I will go along with removing the gristle. Girstle has no nutriment what so ever, not even synable......so off with the gristle.

I would still suggest that you change all your banking passwords and inform the bank of the loss of your laptops! It may be over the top but better to be safe than sorry!
I would suggest cutting bits off slowly with rusty implements after first bashing them with a heavy brick! this works for both between their legs and hands, and then clean up the mess by pouring vinegar over the various parts (do each finger seperately!!) (there is a very dark side to my brain!).

*hugs*

That's terrible. I'm a strong believer in karma, it'll turn on them one day!

In the mean time- set Sue on to them- i would!

Sending positive energy your way- hope that you can try and get some sleep- but i know how hard it is when you're that shaken up and angry :(

There really are some scumbags in this world!

Back