Secret Diary of a Serial Dieter

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Ive gained a pound last week. I know its not a lot but most days I have been pretty good. I thought I may have even lost a pound or two. I'm not going to let it get me down thogh. I'm still a stone lighter than I was a month ago and I'll just try harder.

Here are my last 3 days food diary entries...

FRIDAY:

Chicken breast witrh peppers stuffed with feta cheese (350 cals)
Low fat choccky desert (150 cals)
3 packets of scampi fries (380)
10" Pizza after my bottle of voddy as I had the munchies (I dont even want to think how many calories in total I had this day but its over 2000).

SATURDAY:

Slimfast Shake (220 cals)
Turkey Stir fry (500 cals)
Slimfast Chocky bar (100 cals)
Vodka (500 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1320

SUNDAY:

Chicken Salad (350 cals)
Turkey stir fry (400 cals)
2 packets of quavers (180 cals)
Slimfast choccy bar (100 cals)
Vodka (600 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1530

I'm definatley going to the gym tonight and being extra good all week. The one pound weight gain has given me the kcik up the bum I need. Plus I am going to Leeds at the weekend got my girly Xmas night out so I want to feel fabulous hehe.

xxx

Look at how much you lost so far, you can do this!

Here we go starting the 5th week of my diet, so far so good (although its only been a day hahahaha - still an achievement though)...

MONDAY:

2 apples and 2 satsumas (100 cals)
Slimfast shake (220 cals)
Butternut squash and red pepper cup-a-soup (100 cals) DELICIOUS!!!!
Chicken Jalfrezi and rice (600 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1,020

And I went to the gym :)

Lets hope today goes as smoothly xx

I'm so pleased day 2 (week 5) went swimmingly too :) I even went to the gym again last night and feel fab for it. Heres my food diary from yesterday...

TUESDAY

Meal replacement bar (220 cals)
Lentil soup (180 cals)
3 x Milkyway celebration sweets (50 cals)
4 x Satsumas (80 cals)
Cod, green beans, brocili and pepper sauce (350 cals)
Low fat chocky desert (160 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1,040

Didnt have my chocky desert until 8.45pm before bed like and feel a bit bad about that but calorie intake is good so I'll not beat myself up.

Leeds in 3 days time. Woop woop! :xmascheers:

Hello, thought I'd drop in and say hellllooooo!!! It's bloody freezing here, had a wobbly day as I had loads of baking to do, and it's hard to find some of the ingredients here.... Although I didn't eat or try half of the stuff it led to some late night snacking!!! Naughty as I do not want to gain!!
I had a friend who took an appetite suppresent years ago,she lost weight fast, like 2 st plus in a month or so,but she was hyper, couldn't sleep and just kept on cleaning, she also regained the weight back after..... How do you feel when you use them, just shaky??
I've got a sore throat this morning which isn't helping, but I'm chugging onnnnn.....

I used to drink like a fish and was much lighter than now.....try to avoid it now cos it leads to snacking, pizzas and takeaways and all I want for Christmas is another pound off......

Hope you are having a good day, I'm trying to get to 10.am before having my Brekkie!!!

Diva x

Hey Diva :) Great to hear from you.

Ooooh, do you bake for a living? Nowt better than the smell of freshly baked goods. Mmmmmmmmmm. I'm a naff cook me like.

Its freezing here too. Started snowing again. Hope I still get to Leeds at the weekend. Where are you from btw? I'm from near Newcastle.

Yeah, the appetite supressants work a treat. They used to make me hyper but as I took them for so long, when I take them now, they just space me out and make me shakey. Not a very nice feeling. They do stop me eating though. I think I'm gonna take them later today as I had a drink last night and some crisps after my tea (still not loads but the scales say ive put on another few pounds, even though I haven't even been very naughty). I tell you, I'm losing motivation. Grrrrrrrrr!

Ah, you'll get that pound off for Xmas. I have faith in ya! Keep me posted as to how you get on. GO DIVA GO DIVA GO DIVA!!!!!!!!!

I'm terrible for the drink (being a georgie lass and all that hahahaha) although I have cut down alot over the weeks. I used to drink 35cl bottle of voddy a night but now I just have that on a weekend night and sometimes the odd glass during the week. I plan to stop during the week altogether eventually. In the new year hahahaha.

Hope your sore throat gets better soon chick. Get some strepsils down ya neck.

Speak soon me dear xxx

Diva, just realised you are in America. Theres me talking about Newcastle and Leeds and you must be thinking what is she talking about? hehehehe. Just let me know if you do not understand any of my slang too x

Right people, here is yesterdays food diary...

WEDNESDAY:

Meal replacement bar (220 cals)
Vegetable soup (180 cals)
Apple and 2 satsumas (90 cals)
Cup-a-soup (100 cals)
Tuna salad and potatos (350 cals)
Few jelly sweets (50 cals)
2 packs scampi fries (250 cals)
3 double vodkas (300 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1540

As you can see I had another wobble last night and had a drink. I know I can do withough it so what cant I just leave it? Grrrrrrrr

Also, I stepped on the scales this morning (I know I shouldnt mid week) but they said I have put on another 1.5lb. HOW???????? It's not like I have been pigging out or eating LOADS of calories. I mean Monday and Tuesday I was good as gold. I'm putting it down to water and I'm gona be extra good today and tomorow then get weighed before my weekend at Leeds. I'll keep at it! Its just so demotivating when you are trying but not losing!!!!!!!! :(

xx

I know what you mean! Last week I weighed myself midweek and put on 2 pounds, then 1 day later I lost that two pounds, then the next day was my offical weigh in day and I lost an extra 5lbs. As you can see, our bodies are weird lol. Maybe its just the water weight or something, but don't let it get to you since its not your offical weigh in day.

Hi Kassy
I see you are keeping track of calories but are you keeping track of fat content? From what Ive heard about xenical, and I'm fairly new so forgive me if I'm wrong, its that counting fat content is most important and you can eat loads of the lower fat foods still lose weight and only really need to keep track of calories nearer to target. Reading some of your diaries it looks like you aren't having that much to eat on some days and I'd be really struggling. On some days it looks like you are only having one meal, ok plus the voddy but that although very nice :p won't fill you up.
You've had great losses( well done!), which you will from restricting calories, but I'm just worried for you that you won't be able to sustain it for as long as you want to reach goal. Does that make sense? Like I said Im fairly new so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I have been reading through the xenical diaries and looking at what others have been eating and they have been bulking their meals out with loads of veg etc to fill up.
I hope you are Ok. Where abouts are you from? Im in Cramlington Northumberland about 10 miles away from newcastle
Rach x

Hiya sorry I just meant to say that by counting fat content I meant the 5% rule where everything has to be under 5g per 100g fat, and each meal should be less than 15g fat. You have been doing this longer than me and probs know about that I just didn't think I made myself clear on the counting fat content thing. I get muddled when explaining things sometimes. just I noticed that you'd had salmon one day which is over the rule (about 17g per steak), I had it last week after not reading the label whilst shopping, but ate it any way hey ho! I think there might of been a couple of other things too so that's what made me ask about the fat content x

Hi Cokes :)

Eeeh, you are not too far from me. I'm from a little place called Consett, Co Durham.

Almost all the time I go by the 5% rule, with the exeption of the little thing here and there (not much at all though). Ive never had any of those nast side effects the whole 5 weeks I have been on the Xenical either so I must be doing OK. Maybe as I lost my 1st stone in 2 weeks my body is playing catch up. Hopefully I will start to lose again soon. I dont think the vodka helps like. I'm gonna be as good as I can over Xmas then be mega mega good again in New Year and focus on gym more. Will defo get more fruit and vedge down my neck too.

How long you been on the Xenical. How you finding it? You got much to lose? You looking forward for Xmas?

xxx

And for yesterdays food diary...

THURSDAY

Slimfast shake (220 cals)
Moroccon Salmon Light Lunch, potatos and salad (400 cals)
Babybell (50 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 670

I went Xmnas shopping straight from work last night and did go to Maccy D's to get a burger to take home and eat for tea, but by the time I got home it was late, I was freezing cold so I just went to bed. I'm sooooo pleased I didnt give in and eat the burger now :)

I'm off to Leeds tomorow for my big girly night out for Xmas so I dunno how my nest weigh in will go. Hopefully I wont put on. Back MOnday. Have a livley weekend everyone :) xx

Hi Kassy
Ive been on xenical coming up 3 weeks. I go for first official weigh in on the 22nd so im not updating my stats til then. Im not exactly sure of what i started at as I was so ashamed at the doctors that I only glanced at the scales but I was up near the 18st mark :eek:. I have been weighing myself and since I started that Ive lost around 10lb, would love it if I got to 14lbs by weigh in. I want ot get to about 10stone so got quite a bit to lose!
I'm all set for christmas just about. Im heading to town tomorrow for the last present. How about you? x

Hi....I stayed the same....amazing for this time of year I guess but I want a couple of pounds gone by The New Year, grrrrrr! No I don't bake as a living I would be the size of a House if I did!!! I'm near Philadelphia, and there's no snow here.....yet. Got a flu bug like virus thing last week too, so only managed to do some of the baking for our party, ended up buying some party food in the end, as I felt sooo crappy....
Leftover food is annoying me in the fridge, most of it I don't eat, but it's leading me to snacking, I'm so bloody weak at the moment!! Alcohol was lovely last night, two low fat beers and two big ol' Baileys over Ice, heaven...but cals wise....HELL!!!! Haha !!
How are you doing with the Voddy?? In my heyday I was a triple Vodka and OJ gal.....ooooppps!!
I have a bottle of it plus Bacardi too left over from the party, weyhey!!

Diva x

Hey love, how is everything?

Hi Diva, Elm and Cokes :) HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!!!!

I have been lost without my internet access hehe. I was off work the full week leading up to Xmas with that horrible flu that was going round, then I was off work all over Xmas and New Year so just got back into the office today.

I have been so so over Xmas. I think I have drank more alcahol than actually eaten hehehe. I do not want to get weighed until next week now, but I feel I have stayed the same (fingers crossed). I'll have to let you know how I have got on next week after a week of being good again.

Diva - Thats great news that you syated the same, as its so hard this time of year, and I bet you have had a good drink the same as me hehehehe. Wot we like? hehehehe. Cant belive you had flu too. You are just my double in another country aint you? hehe.

Elm - whats new with you? Hope you are well :)

Cokes - How did ya first weigh in go?

Well, I now have more incentive to get back on the wagon girls as I have met a man over Xmas and what a fine specemine he is too hehehe. He's a heavyweight boxer so he's gona help me get in shape to :)

I'll be back on here with my food diary as usual from tomorow.

See you all soon xxx

Back