Secret Diary of a Serial Dieter

Hi x just been reading through your diary and wanted to say well done on your weight loss so far:D . I look forward to reading more, its helping me stick to my diet.. And congrats on the new man;).. I'm trying to get myself sorted and then will venture out again to look for a man lol x

Oooooo....new man.....new man.....now we know what Santa got you !!!! Haha !!! Congrats !!! He sounds super fit, hehehe, great motivation...and think of the weight you'll loose being chased around the bedroom !!!!
I STS, so loads of extra effort needed now to get away from 211 lbs.......bored now with that number !

Come on Miss Sassy Kassy I'll race yer to under the 200 lb mark !!!!

Diva x

So glad to see you back on here! Now...do I get details on how you met this man? Haha

Hi again Girls :)

Katierose - Lovley to meet you. Stick with us girl and you'll do it. Are you taking Xenical too? Yeah, its important to get happy in yourself before putting your faith in the hands of someone else. I still have a little way to go confidence wise so will be taking it easy with the new bloke (if I can hehehe). I don't want any nocks at the moment. Are you quite new on here? I'm pleased my diary is helping support you too hehe.

Diva - Yes, Santa was very kind hehehe. A 6ft 4in boxer with a great sense of humour and so so kind. He looks like Warren Fox off the programe Hollyoaks we watch over here (you'll have to Google him hehehehe). Right, lets bring on the race to 199lbs hehehe. We can do it!!!!!! I'm going to get weighed on Sunday morning so I'll let you know what weight I am at as I do not have a clue at the moment. I was bad last night and had a Macdonalds. Not just a little one either but a full blown Large Big Tastey Meal (racks up about 1500 calories) and some voddy. I'm defo climbing back on the Wagon today though hahaha.

xxxxx

So glad to see you back on here! Now...do I get details on how you met this man? Haha

Hiya Elm :) Eeeeh, I have missed you like hehehe. Here is all the juicy details for you...

I went out in the Town where I live on Boxing Day. First time I have been out round there for about a year as I get really stressed that speople will talk about my weight gain, etc and say I have let myself go, so I always put going out there off. Annyway, after a few vodkas I plucket up the courage to go out with the girls.

I was in the nightclub and I bumped into this guy who I have not seen for about 10 years. The chemistry was instant and we had a few drinks, talked for hours and swapped numbers. He made sure I got home okay (and was a true gentlemen) and we arranged to see each other again a few days later.

Second date was a total success too and we get on great. I can totally be myself round him and its nice to know he just likes me as I am. All that uneccesary stressing about people not thinking much of me. First time back out in my local Town and I bag a beauty hehehe. Its such a confidence boost but also very scary. I'm just going to take it easy and keep working on my confidence and get back to some strict dieting. I hope those feelings of not feeling good enough do not surface.

We have seen each other a few times now and always have a right laugh and he texts me all the time and really makes me feel special.

How is everything with your man?

xxxx

Last edited:
Well everyone, I know i did say yesterday I was going to start my food diary again so here we go, but its not good I'm afraid...

Week 8 (I think)

TUESDAY

6 Quality street sweeties (150 cals)
Vedgetable Soup (200 cals)
Vodka & Diet Coke (500 cals)
Large Big Tastey Meal from Maccy D's (1500 cals)

A WHOPPING 2350 CALORIES TODAY Whoops!!!!

I am definatley definatley going to be better now! I have drawn the new line hehehehe xx

Miss_Kassy said:
Hiya Elm :) Eeeeh, I have missed you like hehehe. Here is all the juicy details for you...

I went out in the Town where I live on Boxing Day. First time I have been out round there for about a year as I get really stressed that speople will talk about my weight gain, etc and say I have let myself go, so I always put going out there off. Annyway, after a few vodkas I plucket up the courage to go out with the girls.

I was in the nightclub and I bumped into this guy who I have not seen for about 10 years. The chemistry was instant and we had a few drinks, talked for hours and swapped numbers. He made sure I got home okay (and was a true gentlemen) and we arranged to see each other again a few days later.

Second date was a total success too and we get on great. I can totally be myself round him and its nice to know he just likes me as I am. All that uneccesary stressing about people not thinking much of me. First time back out in my local Town and I bag a beauty hehehe. Its such a confidence boost but also very scary. I'm just going to take it easy and keep working on my confidence and get back to some strict dieting. I hope those feelings of not feeling good enough do not surface.

We have seen each other a few times now and always have a right laugh and he texts me all the time and really makes me feel special.

How is everything with your man?

xxxx

That is amazing news to hear from you! I am so happy for you love, you deserve someone as amazing as you. Haha, I'm smiling so big from reading that.

Everything is going great between me and my man.

Looks like 2011 is our year, me and you got a man and we're both happy girls it seems like haha <3

Ahhh.....Voddy, sooo good and yet sooo bad for our diets !! Low cal, yes but it usually leads me towards snacking and pigging out, if I have more than two or three !!! I guess I'm lucky that burgers and stuff do not appeal to me, being a Veggie and all !!!

I'm getting back into the flow of things, doesn't help that we have a lot of left over booze, Voddy and a nice big bottle of a very very old friend of mine.....Bacardi !!!! Think I am going to hide them somewhere, then rediscover them in the Summer. Mr Diva weighed in at 220 lbs so he is back on the healthier eating plan too.....

Are you giving up the booze for awhile??? I had my last one on NYE, so hope I can keep it right down though I don't drink that much nowadays....

Right...time for Brekkie !!!

Diva x

Hi x Im quite new on here, I ve been sort of lurking in the background for a few months, Im not doing xenical as I tried it once and had terrible problems..:eek: As I have so much weight to lose Im doing a VLCD similar to Cambridge/LL but I am an all or nothing person so I am determined to do this once and for all.. Im not sure really how this works on here but im reading diaries and I liked yours as you seem a nice positive person and your man sounds yummy!! Im single at the moment through choice really I have to like myself better first.. I ve been married for 12 years and divorced for 15 and since I ve been divorced well that s when i piled on the weight... ashamed to say 10 stone... My heaviest I ve been 20 stone.. could of been more but i stopped weighing myself, i ve been yo yo dieting for the last 6 years... did lose some last year actually got to 15.10... and then blew it again and back up to 17.11...:break_diet: so enough is enough so im logging on here every day to get support and inspiration ... And I look forward to getting to know you better x

Heya, good luck for 2011, your bloke sounds amazing! Good catch ;)

Hi Katierose....another yoyo dieter here, been messing around with the weight for years now....and decided my forties was deffo the time to tame the beast and get it under control. I know what you mean about liking yourself more as how we feel about ourselves is important, and low self esteem just leads you around and around in circles, effecting everything, weight, food choices, life choices, etc. I am guilty of it myself.....

Lots of luck

Diva x

Hi again Lasses :)

Yip, me too, another serial Yo-Yo dieter!!!!

Thankfully I had a canny day yesterday, heres my food diary...

WEDNESDAY

Tomato Soup (200 cals)
Hula Hoops (150 cals)
5 Quality Street sweeties (200 cals)
Salmon, vedge, potatos and pepper sauce (500 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1050

Its so hard because at work we have tins of sweets from over Xmas and they keep calling my name hehe.

Hi Diva - You are dead good, as if I had left over drink in the house I would have to drink it hehehe. I'm gonna have to give up drinking during the week again, but I dont think I could go without a tipple on a weekend. If Mr Diva is also back on a good eating plan it'l do you the world of good as you can help each other out. Get him to do the cooking hehehe. You put your feet up!

Hi KatieRose - Hehehe, the first time I tried Xenical I had a terrible time to. Very embarassing. But I have been fine this time as I have followed the rules. Do you not find you are hungry while doing VLCD? I have tried slimfast but just cant do it. I need more substance. Yeah, you are right staying single until you feel better about yourself. I'm still in two minds if I should be dating at all yet but I'll just take it easy. You should start a food diary too. I think it really helps if you write everything down you eat. Don't be ashamed of putting on the weight as its so easily done, and you are not alone. I put on 6 stone in about 2 years through comfort eating. Its a hard cycle to break. I have complete faith in you that you will do great!!!! YOU CAN DO IT :)

Love you all xxx

Yummmm....Quality Street, miss those...none here this side of the pond!!! Just as well really !! Far too moreish for me.......

Mr Diva in the kitchen? Cooking ?? I'll warn the fire brigade, and then warn the Hospital I'll becoming in soon!!! Haha!! As he's good at lots of other things.....hehehe.....I don't mind the lack of kitchen skills....
Besides as a Veggie I've been making my own meals for years !!!
Really, really want to weigh myself again...got used to doing it two or three times per week over the festive period as I was trying not to go mad, it's such a bad habit isn't it ?
Doing loads of housework at moment, then making a Fish Curry for the Hubby, I'm probably having a nice Veggie Soup tonight. Are you guys exercising ?? I started walking again....aiming for about 20 miles per week,will tell you more about it at the weekend, see I have managed it....

Keep going Gals.....I so want to say goodbye to 2 bloody something on the scales !!! Grrrr !!!

Diva x

Diva, I have been doing exactly the same as you over Xmas with the scales. Been getting on the ones at my house every other day to make sure the dial isnt going to far up hehe. They are not very good though and for my 'official' weigh in I always use my mams digital ones. According to mine I lost quite a bit over Xmas with flu but have put it all back on again. I think i'm still arouns the 203 mark. Hopefully anyway. I'll let you know when I get weighed on Sunday.

I have not been exercising but I do plan on going to the gym again from next week. I need to. I git myself in a bit of a tiff last night as I am starting to stress about this new fella of mine seeing my nakes body. I'm just gonna try not to think about it and act confident. As Gok Wan says "its all about the confidence" hehehe. Hopefully he'll stick around to see the new improved thinner me in a few months time :) hehe

Defo let me know how you get on with your walking. HOP TO HOP TO hehe.

Right people, here is yesterdays food diary...

THURSDAY

Slimfast Shake (220 cals)
Minestrone Soup (140 Cals)
6 x Quality Street (250 cals) (I cant wait until they have all gone hehe)
Chicken and salad wrap (400 cals)
Handful of Liqourice Allsorts (150 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1160

I have a date tonight woop woooooop so I think there will be lots of wine on the go. I'll try and not end up getting a pizza though.

As of Monday its full throttle ahead again!!!!!!

xxx

Hello, we have snow here, so it looks pretty pretty....only about 2 inches or so but I'll be walking on the Treadmill today !! Haha!!!
I have two sets of scales, yes I used to be that bad....one pair are cheaper digital scales, the others are more expensive like a Doctor's big dial scales with a very unforgiving needle, which are super accurate!! Boo!!
Measured my waist again yesterday and it's 38.5 inches, down from 39.25 about a week or so ago, booze is such a bloater for me, a couple of light beers are enough to swell my belly by half an inch....grrrr!!!
Do you take measurements ??? I'm not expecting to get to the 28 inch waist I had in my twenties but closer to 30 would be nice....

Diva x

P.S. The naked problem and the new BF is easy to solve, a few drinkies, hehe, wear some sexy Undies, not the teeney weeney things, and the BF willl think ALL his Christmases have come at once !!

Hi xx First of all hope you have a nice time on your date tonight, and as Diva said wear nice undies..;) Works wonders.. This guy likes you for you so be confident:D xx I am doing a diet similar to the Cambridge diet so it's soups and shakes for me, I was hungry the first few days but seem ok at the moment, Will publish my weigh in tomorrow, Thank you for your kind words, we can support each other ,
And Diva do you have a diary? Am still finding my way around here, but would love to read yours too if you have one.
Hope to catch up soon ladies,xxx

No, KatieRose I didn't start a Diary, as to be honest when I started actually posting on here ( as to being a lurker!!) I wasn't sure if I would keep it up....can you tell I'm a serial Dieter, Giver Upper, etc !!!! LOL!!!
Awww...I love that feeling you get when you are dating someone new...the excitement, the butterflies, hahaha the LUST!!!!! Hehehe !!!

Diva x

Hi Girls, have you all had a lovley weekend? Mine had been wonderfull. Yes, I might aswell have hearts in my eyes and little birdies flying round my head as I am so much the smitten kitten hehehe. The beginnings of a new relationship are definatley the best bits hehehehe. I'm remaining confident infront of him and as soon as I have some spare cash I am going to splash out on some nice underwear. The stuff I have at the mo is okay but its nowt special.

He came to mine at around 7pm on Friday night and we had quite a few voddies and we were up until 5am talking and smooching hehe. We just get on soooo well. Ive never been so attracted to someone. His body is AMAZING!!!!!!!! He actually has insecurities himself though (as he wants to be even bigger and more toned) so it takes the edge off my insecurities a bit. Not that he knows I have hang ups about my body. He thinks i'm dead confident :) Annyhoo, he went home about lunchtime on Saturday and went to watch the match with the lads and then was going out with them after, but he come back to mine on saturday night after he'd seen the boys. I'm next seeing him on Wednesday to chill out and watch a DVD. It'll be our first mid-week date and will NOT involve alcohol. So I'll keep you all posted as to how it goes :)

Diva - I dont take measurements. I really should though. I mush have lost quite a few inches though as my size 18 trousers that I could not even fasten back in November are now a little big. I'm aiming to get back down to a UK size 12 by Summer, but if I can get back down to a 10 at some point that will be a bonous. I'm between a 16 and 18 at the mo. How was your walking? Its snowed here too :( Have you been good this weekend?

KatieRose - You sound like you are doing really well with your diet. Big up's to you for managing on the shakes and stuff as i know its so hard. You are doing FAB!!!! Cant wait to here about your weigh in. I was going to get weighed this week but as I am at the doctors next week for my official weigh in I'm just gonna wait until then. Hopefully I will suprise myself. The doc will only keep prescribing me the Xenical if I am losing enough weight so I am gonna be good as gold this week. Back to the gym for me tonight.

Well ladies, here is my food diarys from the weekend:

FRIDAY

Rice crispy square and 1 quality street (200 cals)
Low fat turkey and cheese sarni (330 cals)
Packet of quavers (90 cals)
Vodka and wine (1000 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1620

SATURDAY

Chicken, tomato and basil wrap (350 cals)
Vodka (1000 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1350

1 slice cold leftover pizza (300 cals)
Bottle of wine (750 cals)
Chinease takeaway (700 cals)

TOTAL CALORIES = 1750

As you can see, i have drank more than eaten again at the weekend. I'm not going to drink at all this week and will not drink too much next weekend as I want my weigh in to be a success.

I'll be back tomorow to let you all know how I get on today.

Speak soon everyone :)

xxx

Last edited:
Hi xx
Well am so pleased you ve had a good time with your "new Man" :D:D, He really does sound lovely. As you know Im being a bit of a recluse at the moment and when I get to where I want to be I shall unveil myself like a butterfly lol... The diet is hard but am pleased with this week s weight loss makes it all worth while..:D I had a low point on Sat but got through it.
Wine is my weak spot but unlike you I would also eat everything in sight as well,... :(
Look forward to catching up soon xxx

I'm so happy for you love!

Back