Secret to shaping up

Cat Lover Sue said:
Morning All - hi Trimlee - welcome back :)

Just done Wk4 Advanced Core. Phew - what kind of sadist puts the knee raise picking a coconut from a tree thing into Core! 3 sets of it. Gah - so simple but so tiring. This is one you can really focus on for whatever goal you want to achieve - trills Ryan. My focus has gone completely by the 3rd set and its all I can do to stand up straight! Still no pain no gain, eh! :)

Cheers 'Advanced' Sue! I like how you consistently just get on with it -coconut thingies or not! :D

Cheers Trimlee - trying to make it a way of life. Got to keep trying to tone up my flab! :)

Week 4 Advanced finished with Resistance. Another armey one. At least I can see the results now with my lovely muscles - I knew they were there all the time! :)

Well done Sue! Keep at it love xxx

Cheers Spud. Much appreciated. Nearly a stone for you - bet you can't wait for that milestone. It's a cracking feeling. :)

Yeah I cant wait to lose any weight let alone a stone lol, I lost 25lb last year it was amazing but I dunno whats gotten into me this year I just have no willpower and I've put pretty much all of it back on :( I'll get there though! I'm not giving up just yet!

Hi folks. Not been posting for the past week as I am bell less! Have not had transport and access to a Tesco to buy my UK bell. Hope to rectify that this weekend but will have to try and remember exercises as I won't have a DVD player or Internet access for you tube. Get the keys to new flat tomorrow afternoon - very exciting and plenty of lifting involved. Will be firing on all cylinders again soon I hope. In the meantime I continue to be good food wise so that should help. I am not looking forward to the DOMS though

Yeah I cant wait to lose any weight let alone a stone lol, I lost 25lb last year it was amazing but I dunno whats gotten into me this year I just have no willpower and I've put pretty much all of it back on :( I'll get there though! I'm not giving up just yet!

Hi Spud - I don't think there's many folk on here who haven't been in your position at some point or another. Chin up and keep going. :)

I've just ordered a copy of Kettlebell Bombshell but it will take a week or two to get here as it's coming from the States. Just wondering if anybody has tried it and if so what your thoughts were? I looked at a preview on YouTube and it appears not to be as bubbly as kettleworx, also less cardio focussed - seems to be more focussed on muscles with rest breaks built in. The trainer doesn't look bouncy-perky but not mean and shouty either, just calm and focussed. So we'll see!

(I'm not giving up on kettleworx, just trying to find alternatives that are less cardio-intense that I can do for a third workout each week :) )

Hello everyone!!!
I just started kettleworx today! I am so proud i finally did it!
I started with core though, as i hear that 1st week cardio is so hard and wanted an easier entrance... is it ok?
I will do cardio next! Also, i am happy to report that i didn't find it as hard as i feared! :character00115:

Hello everyone!!!
I just started kettleworx today! I am so proud i finally did it!
I started with core though, as i hear that 1st week cardio is so hard and wanted an easier entrance... is it ok?
I will do cardio next! Also, i am happy to report that i didn't find it as hard as i feared! :character00115:

Hi athens! Well done for finishing a great kettleworx workout! :D Glad to hear that you found core a nice introduction. I always enjoy core the most myself.

You can do the workouts in any order you choose so there's no problem having done core first, some people like to get the worst out of the way first and some people prefer to do as you've done and ease themselves in a little bit - do what works best for you. :)

Rest assured that if week 1 cardio seems just awful, it really is well known for being the hardest workout in all the six weeks, so once you've completed it it will never be quite that difficult again! :D Don't be afraid to use the pause button and have a breather or modify some of the exercises if it helps you get through the whole routine.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on! :)

thank you very much plumfoodie for all the kind advice! Congratulations on achieving your target! you are doing great!
the truth is that i like kettlebells a lot, from the first time i heard of them. they work the whole body in less time and the results are amazing!
I am very happy to be embarking as well! thanks again!! I will keep you posted, i might also start a diary, who knows?

Morning Swingers - had my butt kicked good and proper by Ryan this morning with Wk5 Advanced Cardio. Dripping in sweat which is always such an attractive look! Still Mr Sue is up there now after taking a break from KW so he'll be the same in half an hour!

Feeling pretty motivated though as have now lost 6 stone and only have 7lbs to go to my revised target. Was so pleased with myself yesterday I ate a whole big bag of Maltesers as my weekend treat! Yum. Ryan must have heard about it and made me work 10 times harder this morning. The git! :D

Hoping everyone is having a good weekend. xx

Morning Swingers - had my butt kicked good and proper by Ryan this morning with Wk5 Advanced Cardio. Dripping in sweat which is always such an attractive look! Still Mr Sue is up there now after taking a break from KW so he'll be the same in half an hour!

Feeling pretty motivated though as have now lost 6 stone and only have 7lbs to go to my revised target. Was so pleased with myself yesterday I ate a whole big bag of Maltesers as my weekend treat! Yum. Ryan must have heard about it and made me work 10 times harder this morning. The git! :D

Hoping everyone is having a good weekend. xx

Wow Sue well done!! So close to your revised target and having lost 6 stone is incredible!!! :D

Hope you've got the sun today, it's very welcome after all of the chucking down it did here yesterday! Back to kettleworx tomorrow for me...

Wow Sue well done!! So close to your revised target and having lost 6 stone is incredible!!! :D

Hope you've got the sun today, it's very welcome after all of the chucking down it did here yesterday! Back to kettleworx tomorrow for me...

Cheers Plum No sun today unfortunately. Just lots of rain, as per usual! :)

Well done Sue, have you been doing kettlebells throughout your whole weightloss journey?

Hi Spud. Thanks very much. I started the bells about 12-14 weeks into my weightloss plan. Discovered this thread by pure accident and thought I would give it a go. It was the fact that normal people were getting results in quite a short space of time that appealed to me. I know I wouldn't have done half as well without them. Are you tempted or already a swinger :)?

I've done some pretty novice workouts with my 8kg kettlebell but I'm thinking about teaming it up with jogging and a low cal diet for optimum results, I definitely think they're worth it

Bit of a warm one this morning! Sweating like a pig after Core Wk5 Advanced. Core's supposed to be the easy one for gawd's sake! :eek:

Back