Secret to shaping up

Well done for starting. I was so tired last night. I didn't get back from my daughter's until late so will do my Wk 1 core tonight. I took my measurements this morning and have to say that my statistics are not very vital!!! It has made me take real stock to be honest, rather than the numbers on the scales. Seeing such a big waist and fat ar$e on the tape measure has been a bit of a shock. I will be brave though and add them to my signature. I will be so chuffed to see the numbers falling, rather than the scales.

Well done for starting. I was so tired last night. I didn't get back from my daughter's until late so will do my Wk 1 core tonight. I took my measurements this morning and have to say that my statistics are not very vital!!! It has made me take real stock to be honest, rather than the numbers on the scales. Seeing such a big waist and fat ar$e on the tape measure has been a bit of a shock. I will be brave though and add them to my signature. I will be so chuffed to see the numbers falling, rather than the scales.

Sounds like a plan! Have you done it before? I started week 3 and have noticed a loss of inches on hips and thigh. Haven't lost any on my waist but it definitely looks smaller. But the scales aren't really moving much which others have said is normal..

Sounds like a plan! Have you done it before? I started week 3 and have noticed a loss of inches on hips and thigh. Haven't lost any on my waist but it definitely looks smaller. But the scales aren't really moving much which others have said is normal..

Hi, yes I followed the whole programme for 6 weeks a couple of years ago and the difference to my body was staggering. I can't begin to tell you. I actually saw a body emerge that I hadn't seen for years, since before I had children. I moved house, had to lodge with a friend/work colleague of mine and she watched me do a workout, spent the whole 20 minutes taking the pi$$ out of me and I stopped. Although the scales didn't move I did drop a dress size or two. Had a much stronger core and just felt and looked so much better. That is why if the inches start to go down, rather than the scales, I will be more than happy :)

Hi, yes I followed the whole programme for 6 weeks a couple of years ago and the difference to my body was staggering. I can't begin to tell you. I actually saw a body emerge that I hadn't seen for years, since before I had children. I moved house, had to lodge with a friend/work colleague of mine and she watched me do a workout, spent the whole 20 minutes taking the pi$$ out of me and I stopped. Although the scales didn't move I did drop a dress size or two. Had a much stronger core and just felt and looked so much better. That is why if the inches start to go down, rather than the scales, I will be more than happy :)

I couldn't agree mire. My shape vegan to really change after 4 weeks but I did work hard at it. My backside all but disappeared. Definitely getting back into this post op

I couldn't agree mire. My shape vegan to really change after 4 weeks but I did work hard at it. My backside all but disappeared. Definitely getting back into this post op

Thanks guys, great to hear.

I've just bought a kettle bell to do alongside exante, I used to do them at boot camp and they r fab x

Failed today! Having a pity party for one but I WILL get on track and start tomorrow!

​I felt quite energised after my core last night, so much so that I may have a little go on Wk 1 Resistance tonight and then Cardio on Sunday. How is everyone else feeling?

I had a little venture out at lunchtime and the backs of my thighs are a tad sore, which is good as it means that I have engaged some muscles ;) I couldn't do many of the half-getups last night so that would explain why my abdomen isn't feeling very sore. I hate having a floppy core...when I got through the 6 weeks before I found it really easy to do the ab exercises in the end and it was a great feeling.

Still haven't started yet OOPS! But I WILL start tomorrow! yesterday and today were/are weights days so I don't want to over do it. Tomorrow WILL be the day that Mr.Cheese re-enters my life <3 :)

Can anyone recommend some moves that help tighten the old bingo wing area and sculpt the top of my arms and shoulders? Thanks

Can anyone recommend some moves that help tighten the old bingo wing area and sculpt the top of my arms and shoulders? Thanks

I'm not entirely sure as these are still problem areas for me but the moves that make me feel like I have worked those areas are:
- the side row movement (where you turn to one side and have one leg bent and bring the arm up from that side
- one arm swing
- one arm upright row
- the one where you squat with one arm to the side and the other one up to the side of your head as you lift up
- any movement where you hold the bell above your head and bring it back.

Hope that helps.

Week 3 done for me! Finished it later than I had hoped (last night) and am away over Easter weekend so don't know if I will complete week 4 by then but I will make a start.

Thanks x

Back