Seeking fellow scale addicts - is there a cure?

noodles1609

Having a very lovely life
Are there any others out there like me? Did you used to be like this but you've managed to cure yourself?

My name is Nicola and I am addicted to weighing myself. All the time. I could probably plot my daily weight fluctuations by the half hour. Which is all well and good when you can see the numbers getting smaller and smaller, but I feel incredibly deflated if I don't see that. This morning for example, I'm the same as I was yesterday and feel a little bit narked at that. I know once a week is enough, I know anything more than that is just a bit daft and I'm setting myself up for a bit of unneccessary upset but I just can't help it. Is there a cure...?:confused:

morning I could have written this myself! I too would like a cure I'm obsessed even had my husband to the hide the scales but I couldn't hack it and has a tantrum until they were returned! lol I too weigh the same as I did yesterday and I too am annoyed its my goal this week to get into the 12st something bracket and I'm still hovering at 13 2 and a half :-( !! Doing just shakes now until Monday struggling to believe I can eat what I can on slim and save and still lose as much as on exante but I do find this much more bearable and easier to stick to 100% so not going back just sticking to shakes for a bit

Ha ha what a ramble lol I do apologise hope you are doing well and get a loss tomorrow morning :) xxx

I am the same (not as bad as I was though)

When I previously did CD i would weigh after every detail (going to the loo, having a bath, washing hair, a shake, water, u name it I knew what every event did to scales lol)

On S&S I still cannot resist but only weigh first thing in the morning... every morning! wish I wouldnt though the scales have moved down 1lb in 10 days and its starting to demoralise me :( if you find a cure (short of throwing the scales away) let me know :)

Do you have a garage or a garden shed? I have put mine in the garage, I only weigh first thing in the morning after going to the loo and there's no way I'm going out in the cold and wet to get the scales at the crack of dawn! I bring them in on a Sunday night so I can weigh myself Monday morning.

I would aim to cut it down to once a day (first thing in the morning, naked, empty bladder) - any more than that is pretty pointless anyway. I personally like WI every day and have done so for 2.5 years now whether my weight is going up or down! I have a nice little graph of my fluctuations over that time!

On S&S I still cannot resist but only weigh first thing in the morning... every morning! wish I wouldnt though the scales have moved down 1lb in 10 days and its starting to demoralise me :(

Interesting how we are at the same point in the diet approx (started 3 days after you) and we have both hit a bit of a plateau (I am now 6 days pretty much STS). Hopefully that whoosh will come soon!

Yes i am too a weigh everyday even if i am on day 4 lol. But i use my wii fit to monitor and only do it first thing in the morning before anything else. i am not gonna do it any other time as i can put 4lb on during a day and it makes me depressed so only mornings for me xx

It's good to know I'm not alone! I think it'll be one of those things I develop a solution to with time, and perhaps shouldn't place too much truck on it unless it's Thursday morning. I've done myself a fancy spreadsheet needing daily input of my calories plotted against my BMR to give me a weekly anticipated loss - and that would be the loss if I sat on my bum all week, so it should be higher - it'll give me something else that needs a daily focus, maybe it'll replace my scale addiction!

I weigh in pretty much every day too... I find it keeps me motivated, if I've not been an angel and there up a bit it kicks my ass and if I've been great and there down... Woooooo! If I've been good and there up... Hmm... Gray area BUT then I think how much I weighed 3 months ago and do a little excited dance... It's all good :)

I guess do what works for you but I agree more than once a day is probably too much and would probably send me crazy :)

I love your signature Cheekychick!

For me it's a mega ocd trigger. I either weigh or don't. So either it goes in the shed or if its in the house I'm on it 20 times a day!!

Get it out of the house, or it chuck it!! If your on plan you'll be loosing, let the doctor or your trainer weigh you if you can

Xxx

The cure is take out the battery!! LOL

I'm a daily weigher, which I know isn't always advisable but for me personally it helps to see the daily fluctuations and the good thing with this diet is the trend is down. :)

At my worst I would weigh myself every morning as soon as I had got up and being to the loo. Now, I am probably weighing myself 2-3 times a week. Ideally I would weigh myself just once a week but can't seem to manage that long!!

There is no point weighing yourself any time other than first thing in morning, empty bladder, as already said.

Especially on a plan like this where we are filling up on water in shakes, soups, and the litres of plain water required on a VLCD... After all, a litre of water weighs 2lb! So you could be 5 or 6lbs up and feel demoralised, when you've simply been doing everything right!!

Coz remember, if something weighs something on the outside, it does when it's in our tummies too! And you know, if you're losing, you're losing... Standing on the scales lets you know, but doesn't speed it up. ;) So if you can just let your body do its thing, which IS losing weight as it can't fail if you stick to plan, then the rest will take care of itself! :)

Easier said than done, I know... But 2 - 3 times a week, in the morning, is maybe what to aim for. :)

Good luck. Xx

Back