• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sense of smell?

NicolaR

Has anyone noticed their sense of smell getting better since starting the diet? I'm pretty sure I could sniff out a biscuit at 50 paces away nowadays :) was wondering if it's because I know I can't have them so subconsciously I'm seeking them out, or if it's since we don't eat sugary foods anymore that I notice the smell more when they're near me.

It's quite strange anyway!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Guru

Silver Member
I have! Definitely! I know it's only been a few days, but I have been on LL before (lost three stone, put it all back :( ) and had the same thing then. I'd find fast food restaurants particularly repulsive - the smell of Maccy D's when I'm on a VLCD is REVOLTING!

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
yup, i'm the same! Can smell EVERYTHING from a million miles away! Its grand! :)
xx

I'd noticed this too, but not just food smells. Perfumes smell extra strong ATM, to the point where they make me feel sick.:(

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Yes. I was getting concerned I am pregnant again as it is exactly the same as when I was pg last time! (Not that being pg would be a bad thing just that we're going away in feb and I'd be too pg to fly!)

Shopaholic

is back to finish the job
Yes. I was getting concerned I am pregnant again as it is exactly the same as when I was pg last time! (Not that being pg would be a bad thing just that we're going away in feb and I'd be too pg to fly!)
Glad it isn't just me!!! I usually have a terrible sense of smell. The only time it really worked well was while I was pregnant. Then just last week I noticed that my sense of smell has come back. Not always a good thing - especially in a closely packed lift :(

By the way I just noticed that our daughters were born on the same day!

Last edited:

devilishandsweet

100% all the way!
Yep my sense of smell has definatley heightened! I quite enjoy it actually.........least I can smell what I want to eat! lol