Sense of smell?

NicolaR

Has anyone noticed their sense of smell getting better since starting the diet? I'm pretty sure I could sniff out a biscuit at 50 paces away nowadays :) was wondering if it's because I know I can't have them so subconsciously I'm seeking them out, or if it's since we don't eat sugary foods anymore that I notice the smell more when they're near me.

It's quite strange anyway!

I have! Definitely! I know it's only been a few days, but I have been on LL before (lost three stone, put it all back :( ) and had the same thing then. I'd find fast food restaurants particularly repulsive - the smell of Maccy D's when I'm on a VLCD is REVOLTING!

yup, i'm the same! Can smell EVERYTHING from a million miles away! Its grand! :)
xx

Yes, I can smell anything from 50 paces too. And I have to be honest and confess to sniffing DH food before I serve it too :eek:

I'd noticed this too, but not just food smells. Perfumes smell extra strong ATM, to the point where they make me feel sick.:(

Yes. I was getting concerned I am pregnant again as it is exactly the same as when I was pg last time! (Not that being pg would be a bad thing just that we're going away in feb and I'd be too pg to fly!)

Yes. I was getting concerned I am pregnant again as it is exactly the same as when I was pg last time! (Not that being pg would be a bad thing just that we're going away in feb and I'd be too pg to fly!)

Glad it isn't just me!!! I usually have a terrible sense of smell. The only time it really worked well was while I was pregnant. Then just last week I noticed that my sense of smell has come back. Not always a good thing - especially in a closely packed lift :(

By the way I just noticed that our daughters were born on the same day!

Last edited:
Yep my sense of smell has definatley heightened! I quite enjoy it actually.........least I can smell what I want to eat! lol

Back