September Exercise Challenge

Greedyguts1980:

Walked 9.5 miles at Wooler today uphill and downhill. It's been about 9 months since we did a decent walk!! I enjoyed it!! Myfitnesspal suggests it was around 1400 cals burnt!! Not a bad days work!! Needless to say I haven't done slimfast as such today but I've kept to the cals and have about 350 left. I'm not starving so will maybe have some fruit and yogurt!!

Gonna be stiff tmrw I can feel it in my bones!! Have to be at the gym for 7:30Am to get a fitness programme sorted!!

Oh the joys!! September has been a good month so far!!

xxx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Not much to report

20 minute walk
20 reverse crunches
30 crunches

Back to the ea sports tomorrow.

Hiya greedy...posted at the same time there x

That sounds like an exhausting day!!

I'm a wee bit stiff and think I'll have an early nite!! Looking forward to more walks!!

Good on ya for doing sit-ups!! I'm useless for doing them and weights.

xxx

I havent done any exercise all wknd. Failing at this challenge so far. Back to the exercise tomor though! You's are doing great and your posts are inspiring me to get off my butt!

Haway lass!! Get a wriggle on ;-) I have promised myself that I will concentrate on making my body a temple in September lol xxx

5/9/11 Exercise

Greedyguts1980

32 mins jogging (414 cals)

Today's efforts:

10 mins crosstrainer
30 mins weights (various machines)
2 mins summat mountain climber (this is hard)
40 mins walking

Doing no exercise tonite but then again if I'm still awake past 9:30pm I will be nice to the OH :) xxx

Lol, Naughty ;) Well the weather was rotten here today. Gale force winds and lashing. So had to ditch my bike and head to gym. 50mins done in gym and about two hours housecleaning(after the mess builders left)! :)

Same here!! It's whistling tonite!! Well OH is onto nowt lol. Fell asleep watching Decter cos I was cosy and he's full of cold bless him!!

Good effort on the exercise front!! :) I enjoyed the gym today. Stiff as a board now, hope I'm ok tmrw to do cardio!! xxx

Lol, Naughty ;) Well the weather was rotten here today. Gale force winds and lashing. So had to ditch my bike and head to gym. 50mins done in gym and about two hours housecleaning(after the mess builders left)! :)

I did 40min walking yesterday for the school run.

Same again today plus an active session later.

30min cycle this morning and my face was like a beetroot after it lol. Is that ea game any good redmel? Considering getting it for the rainy days :)

Well done on the cycling:) I really like the ea active. It has a good mix of cardio and toning exercises, and it is actually harder than I thought it would be.

Thanks, you always feel great after the exercise though! Oh it sounds good! I was looking for a mix of cardio and toning exercises :) Is there anything on it where you can use weights as well? I'll be getting it for the playstation, so have to buy the ps3 move package as well. Thanks.

It uses a resistance band for things like curls, bent over rows etc...so theoretically you could sub weights. The band that comes with the game is not fantastic so you could always get a new one...which I will do eventually.

I suppose once fit enough you could always add little wrist nd ankle weights to increase cardio workouts too. I cant remember, maybe I am imagining it but there might actually be an option to say you are using additional weight?

I saw it in the Oxfam window for £20. Yr cycling is fab exercise!! Not much fun I'm gale force winds I bet.

Keep up the good work Redmel!! Sounds like a fab workout too!!

We have an x box and I would love a kinect but can't justify the expense til after Christmas!!

xxx

Thanks for that Redmel. My minds made up now, defintely getting it. The wind this morning did provide some extra resistance lol! Glad I went this morning because its raining now. Greedyguts you could get an exercise dvd that you could work on until after xmas? Then get your kinect :)

I have a zumba DVD, 30 day shred and the uk biggest loser DVD but find it too easy to switch off at home. I stuck to the shred for a while but then got a sore back and had to stop.

Will be going to the gym in the morning to do mainly cardio but add in some leg weights too!! Need most work on my legs!! Although it will be my bingo wings and legs on show at the wedding xxx

7/9/11 - greedyguts1980 no notable exercise!!

8/9/11 - greedyguts1980
15 mins cross trainer on random hill programme
15 mins jogging on treadmill
6 of the 7 resistance band weight machines (arms and back are sore)
60 mins walking with OH down the beach

Now to chill!! Hopefully I have made up for lack of exercise yesterday!!

Hope everyone enjoying September!! xxx

Back