seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

How many of the noodles can you have?

as much as you want. my packs are 200g, but im struggling to finish them all. might cut the portions in half.

Ruby Shoes said:
as much as you want. my packs are 200g, but im struggling to finish them all. might cut the portions in half.

Im super excited might have to try these. £2 a pk for noodles quite expensive? How are the wing yip noodles? I live near a wing yip so might pop over to get some

Im super excited might have to try these. £2 a pk for noodles quite expensive? How are the wing yip noodles? I live near a wing yip so might pop over to get some

defo worth a try, they're not the cheapest, but they really do fill you up and give you more options food wise. havent tried to wing yip ones yet, should be delivered in a few days time though :)

managed to survive the divali dinner pretty easily. turned down all treats and deserts, wasnt even tempted by the chocolates my sister opened. though admittedly, i did tell her she had to go and finish her crisps in another room before i punched her!

i wasnt able to avoid the inevitable 'why are you just eating that?' questions though, which irked me simply because i didnt really want to discuss the diet with anyone. the usual disparaging 'oh, you're on another' diet comments didnt help. Nor did my aunt when she was trying to make me eat a VERY sugary pudding by saying 'if you cant even have one, whats the fun? you may as well kill yourself' and in the NEXT BREATH telling my dad i used to have 'such lovely features as a kid' until <insert hand gesture indicating my face blowing up like a balloon.> :mad:

other than that, 5.5lbs lost as of this morning and still 2 more days until official weigh in. May change my weigh days to saturday though, simply because i have work on thursdays and the scales are in my parents bathroom, so i dont want to be waking them up early just to use them.

thanks lou! fingers crossed they will see a noticeable difference by xmas!

the way things are shaping up, i will have to have a week or so off over the festive season. My graduation on the 18th, my sisters 21st birthday on the 21st, xmas eve party, xmas day and then new years eve tradition is me and the bf in our pjs, indian takeaway and a dvd. im thinking i'll do the packs during the day, fill up with zero noodles and then just have nibbles of the naughty food. that way i can eat abit, but not do huge huge damage.

then back on it in january for the final 2 stone. im not massively worried about coming out of ketosis, simply because i dont find getting into ketosis too horrible. apart from a mild headache and a dry mouth, i dont suffer much else.

as long as i get 2 stone by the 18th, i dont mind working a little longer for the final 2 stone after.

Hi Rubyshoes
Your plan for christmas sounds great... it was christmas (and the lengthy run up to it!) that really knocked me off track last year so am planning to do something similar to your plan this year, so maybe we can keep each other on track? I'm aiming to lose 2st by Christmas too, although I'll have a bit further to go after christmas than you do!
LED x

Hi LED, yes lets defo keep each other on track! always easier to resist temptation when someone else is going through the same things as you.

im going to keep reminding myself that theres never been a time when ive left a party and thought a few days later 'hmmm, i wish id eaten that pizza'. but i DO leave them thinking 'i wish i had eaten less in the run up and been slimmer'. got to keep reminding myself that the weightloss makes me happier than the food.

in addition, lost another 3/4 of a pound. finally into single digits in the 12st bracket!

every morning i get ready to get on the scales and i feel so scared! i think ive attempted so many diets, stuck to them and maybe lost 1 or 2 pounds, only for the scales to not budge a week or so later, despite not cheating! so now every morning, im thinking 'this must be the day it stops working'.

for the last 2 months, ive been battling to see 2st 10 on the scales, so to get into the 10lbs and lower was brilliant!

the no alcohol thing is going well, dont think ive ever had this long a period without a drink! i dont miss it that much, but i think before i was drinking more because i was bored and unhappy, whereas now im focussed and determined. :character00115:

I'm the same with alcohol - I think one of the reasons the pounds kept creeping on was a glass or two every evening after work! If I'm on a "normal" diet where a small glass of wine is allowed I really struggle, but with a VLCD knowing that its not allowed (and would make me feel terrible!) I just don't seem to think about it, instead just have a nice shake in the evening and look forward to that just as much as a glass of vino! Just shows I guess how much of it is just in our minds!
Well done on the loss, yes it's great to get below those "sticky" weights, and know that you can do it! Is it your official weighing day tomorrow?

yes! i am exactly the same as you, if im given any leway to add naughty things, i do and kid myself into thinking its 'on plan' and then lose nothing.

plus im terrible at moderation and patience. so when i was at slimming world, depriving myself and constantly counting things and facing the prospect of doing it for months and months and months just made me lose all will. id rather have rigid rules, stick to them and get it over and done with. it also helps that the shakes are so easy to make/require no planning and they actually taste nice! ive liked every single one. just had the cafe latte one, which i had left till last cos im not a massive coffee fan, but it was lovely!

official weigh in is thursday, but if i cant get into my parents bathroom without waking them up, i'll weigh on saturday and then have that as my future official weigh in day. hoping for at least another pound in the next day or so.

how has your week gone/been going?

Week going ok thanks, not been 100% as have had some occasional proteiny snacks - logging every single thing on myfitnesspal though and calories have been 600-800 and carbs under 60g so happy enough with that. Really have to learn moderation this time round though - last time I lost weight I was fine and focused while on the diet and just back to my old ways as soon as I stopped. Argh how do some people manage just to have a few bites of something tasty and then stop?!?!
Just had the sweet porridge for lunch - not my favourite! Think I'll just go for the savoury meals and shakes when I order next! What have been your favourites?

Week going ok thanks, not been 100% as have had some occasional proteiny snacks - logging every single thing on myfitnesspal though and calories have been 600-800 and carbs under 60g so happy enough with that. Really have to learn moderation this time round though - last time I lost weight I was fine and focused while on the diet and just back to my old ways as soon as I stopped. Argh how do some people manage just to have a few bites of something tasty and then stop?!?!
Just had the sweet porridge for lunch - not my favourite! Think I'll just go for the savoury meals and shakes when I order next! What have been your favourites?

i love those calorie logging things, so helpful when you're trying to watch what youre eating. i usually use the livestrong one, does the myfitnesspal have the s&s stuff listed on their site?

god, hate the M word. haha, one time i was researching hypnotism just to see if i could be tricked into stopping when im satisfied. my main downfall is exercise too, logically i know if i up my fitness, i can eat abit more of what i want. physically, im just a lazy bones. i dont even have an excuse because we have a gym in our house!!

i tried the sweet porridge, but it wasnt very sweet! i dont mind it too much, cos its nice on weekends to wake up and have something to actually eat. my next delivery of stuff literally just arrived. have got 5 sweet porridges and the 5 of toffee, cripsy choc, crispy vanilla, toffee, hazelnut and caramel shakes. im not massively keen on the meals, i use the soups as a sauce for things rather than have them on their own.

also, verrrry excited by the lemon and white chocolate bars! going to try one tonight as my cup of tea snack.

my usual routine is shaping up to be:

shake at 12
cup of tea at 3
shake at 5
protein + veg dinner at 7/8 (+ meal pack)
cup of tea at 9/10 (though now i will not use as many meal packs at dinner and have a bar at this time instead).

i think im far more of a shakes girl, which suits me cos i luuurve them at the moment. have you been doing 3 packs a day or 4?

Lol I sooo need to be hypnotised to stop eating when I'm full! Have tried the Paul McKenna CDs but they don't really work for me. Need something more hardcore! Maybe as my treat for getting to goal this time round I'll book a couple of sessions. At the moment I'm a bit all over the place with my meals - sometimes having 3 packs + protein, sometimes 4, and to add to the complication sometimes having an exante shake (left over from last time) which is more calories, etc. Hence finding myfitnesspal so useful to keep track of it all! Your pattern sounds much more stable and easier to stick to! Yes myfitnesspal has most of the S&S products which is handy, with all the carbs, etc too. The only thing I dont like with it is, if you log any exercise, it tries to get you to eat more - not what I want to hear at the moment! Be handy when at goal though and trying to get the balance, might even encourage me to do more exercise!

im defo going to try my fitness pal i think, i always like to know exactly how much im eating.

im in two minds about the exercise thing. on the one hand, i know its good for you and will help you lose weight, but on the other, im worried i'll build muscle and my losses will be lower. i dont think im in the right mental place to deal with lower losses right now! maybe once ive measured my inch loss, i'll feel different.

also, just had an email from work - xmas party on the 6th of dec. im defo going to have to go because my manager is also my boyfriend, and hes hoping for a promotion, so we should show willing. i think if its a meal and drinks after, i'll make up an excuse for the meal, and go to the drinks and stick to sparking water or something. as much as i want to go and enjoy it, i want my graduation pictures more!

selfish people having selfish xmas fun when im dieting! :jelous:

hmmm, just been playing about with my fitness pal, and it seems i mayyyy not have been in ketosis very much.

been having abit of quorn cos i prefer it to chicken, but i think the carb content has been pushing me over the 60g limit. something to avoid after tonight (since i have already cooked quorn tonight aswell.)

boo :sign0007:

hmmm, just been playing about with my fitness pal, and it seems i mayyyy not have been in ketosis very much.

been having abit of quorn cos i prefer it to chicken, but i think the carb content has been pushing me over the 60g limit. something to avoid after tonight (since i have already cooked quorn tonight aswell.)

boo :sign0007:

I can find on 100% days, such as yesterday (I had 4 packs, no veg, 2 brazil nuts and 100ml skimmed milk) and it came out to 71g carbs. I find thishappens regularly, depending on the packs I have that day. I have found that as long I'm less than 80g I am in Ketosis, though I aim for less than 70g this isn't always possible unless I miss a pack, which you shouldn't do.

Having said that I do know that you aren't supposed to have 100g quorn, more like 50g I think? Because of the carb content.

ooh, didnt know about the 50g of quorn thing. i'll just pick out half the quorn and have it tomorrow instead.

i dont think its done major damage so far, but better safe than sorry!

boyfriend just casually mentioned having pizza for his dinner and i had to veto it immediately! while i am round his house, he can only eat what i dont like. so his dinner will be beef broth (he doesnt know this yet!)

just painted my nails, so no food for a while. looking forward to my first ever bar later this evening.

Lol I'm the same with my other half - he can only eat either things that I don't like or things that don't smell of anything, so I can ignore it! Honestly makes life so much easier!
How did you get on with the bar , what flavour did you try? I'm taking one to work with me for lunch today, hope its filling! On Exante the bars were much bigger, like cereal bars, which felt more like real food and less like a snack. Will be cutting todays bar into lots of little pieces I think to make it last longer!
Good luck for today - even if you weren't in ketosis before you definitely don't have many carbs left in your body so should be a sure thing for today! If youve been feeling really hungry you maybe weren't in k, if not you probably are and the quorn hasn't made a difference :)

Back