seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

Ruby Shoes said:
I get them directly from the zero noodles website. not the cheapest option! they are supposed to be sold in Holland and barrett too, but they are ALWAYS sold out - i think they also hate me because im always harassing them for info on their deliveries. at the moment, the website is slightly low on stock (so you cant order more than 8 packs), might be a little worse now because the Daily Mail did an article on them a few weeks ago and let the secret out

worth getting though, i asked of if i should eat the noodles in replacement of the protein/veg, but his response was 'theres virtually nothing in them, so you can have them with whatever you want without a problem'. i think they will be my weekend life saver!

Thanks very much, I saw them weeks ago and thought they'd be perfect for refeed/normal every day life (low carb stir fry etc)

Thank you very much, we should swap recipes. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i had the noodles last night and used the thai soup as a sauce - was lovely. though once i added the prawns and veg there was so much!!

checked on the zero noodles website, and it seems the daily mail article has made things worse! you can now only order 3 packs, but delivery is over 4 pounds :sigh:
i'll have to bully the bf into driving me around various chinese supermarkets to find some (though i have no idea if we have any nearby!!)

very weird experience last night though - all day i had a funny pain at the top of my stomach/under my lower ribs, which i assumed may have just been hunger/tummy rumbles. then last night the pains carried on while in bed, and then i woke up 3 times during the night literally about to be sick! i had to lie very, very still until the feeling passed, because otherwise i doubt i would have made it to the bathroom. no sickness this morning, but still having pain, comes on as waves of pain, abit like theres air trapped there. very strange.

other than that, i havent been feeling too bad, no real headache or feeling yukky. enjoyed all my packs so far, had porridge today for lunch, just had a huge mug of tea. might try the cookies and cream shake later and then dinner is cod, cauliflower mash and the tomato soup to drink and use as a sauce if needs be.

my only concern is sweetener, i use the canderel tablets, but i have a biiig mug and a sweet tooth, so i usually put in about 7 sweeteners... i know some sweetener is fine, but maybe 7+ is too much?

ooh, forgot to add - weighed myself today, 3 1/4 pounds off since thursday :)
lets hope it continues!

Hi Ruby Shoes - great to see you're doing well so far, keep your eyes on your first goal date of Dec 19th you should have a noticeable loss by then :D:D

I'm same height as you and 1lb heavier so I'll keep an eye on how you're doing compared to me :D:D:D:D

Sorry you were feeling rubbish in the night, there are a lot of nasties going around at the mo, hope you feel alright now

How do the noodles taste?

I know you put sauce on them but how's the texture? Are they slimey or anything? :D

Hi Ruby Shoes - great to see you're doing well so far, keep your eyes on your first goal date of Dec 19th you should have a noticeable loss by then :D:D

I'm same height as you and 1lb heavier so I'll keep an eye on how you're doing compared to me :D:D:D:D

Sorry you were feeling rubbish in the night, there are a lot of nasties going around at the mo, hope you feel alright now

thanks lou! still feeling abit of pain, but no sickness. mind you, i didnt have any nausea before my random vomit wakeup either.

its good to have someone with the same stats doing the same as me, always useful to have someone on the same journey.

defo into ketosis now i think, hardly any hunger. i was only able to finish half my last pack tonight. im going to give myself another few days before excising, i think a good month of doing the 30 day shred will help me along till the 19th. :D

How do the noodles taste?
I know you put sauce on them but how's the texture? Are they slimey or anything? :D

i dont find the texture too bad at all! i suppose the easiest way to describe them is abit like glass noodles, but thicker and a little chewier. not slimy at all. alot of people complain about the smell of the water they are packaged in, but ive never noticed it, i just open the packet straight into a colander and the water whooshes down the drain before i get a chance to smell it.

Thanks, Ruby! :)

im slowly turning into a daily weigher, but 5lbs off since thursday!

i was a little apprehensive about telling my parents what i was doing, so when the sns delivery came, i just told my dad they were things to help up your protein (left out the whole, vlcd details). my dad is being very supportive though, hes so pleased with how ive done so far, hes offered to pay for my next order and wants me to get a months supply!

only hurdle today will be tonight. my mum is indian, so we are off to my grandma's for divali dinner. im trying to think of some excuses not to eat because i dont want to advertise it to the whole family!

I don't know what food will be on offer but could you have salad and meat? Even a little meat coated in a yoghurt marinade won't do too much harm. But it depends on what there is. Could always play the dodgy tummy card?

it'll mostly be vegetarian food, but it will be tomato based curries. i might pretend to have a bad stomach or say i went out for lunch and take things home 'for later' and then freeze them for a much later date.

just ordered another batch of shakes and bought the noodles from a chinese supermarket. got 10 packs for 20 pounds, so that should tide me over for a good while. i think im much more of a shakes during the day and bulkier noodles at night person. not a huge fan of the meals (but i am also a picky eater). got loads of the soup packets left over, which i mostly use as sauce for the noodles, or as a side to my protein and veg dinner.

ive bought the lemon and white choc bars aswell this time, thought they would be good as a treat when im not hungry enough for the 3rd pack, but worried im opening a pandoras box on deliciousness (based on what people have said so far!)

also realised ive been using semi skimmed milk instead of skimmed in my tea. im assuming its not toooo much of a problem since i dont use 150 mls anyway, and judging on the nutrition, there isnt a whooole lot of difference in carb quantities. im hoping i can just substitute 150 mls of skimmed for 75 mls of semi skimmed instead.

other than that, feeling really good and positive! so glad you all helped me decide to take the plunge! :D

Zero noodles...

Well done Ruby and everyone else :) You're doing so well!

My mum was just telling me about these noodles today. I am starting Slim and Save tomorrow - want to lose 6 stone by July 2013 - as I am getting married. I hope this is possible? Experiences/advice/opinions/inspiration on this appreciated :)

What did Slim and Save say about these noodles? Does it mean I can just add a pack a day to my 4 sns packs without worrying at all? I doubt it - but it would be nice!!! :)

Thanks,

C

Sns have given the noodles the green light but you could always double check with sns.

What did Slim and Save say about these noodles? Does it mean I can just add a pack a day to my 4 sns packs without worrying at all? I doubt it - but it would be nice!!! :)

Thanks,
C

i asked rob if we should have the noodles instead of the veg or protein, but he said theres basically nothing to them, so you can have them as much as you want.

i had them tonight with the mushroom soup as sauce, asparagus, cauliflower and 2 quron sausages. i had to leave some of it because i was just too full!

Zero Noodles are made from Konjac Glucomannan which is a natural soluble fibre produced by the Konjac Plant which is then mixed with water to produce the noodles.
Zero Noodles are a healthy high fibre alternative to heavy calorie filled pastas so that you can still enjoy the foods you love whilst losing weight.Zero Noodles are relatively tasteless, as is pasta or rice, and absorb the flavour of the food and sauce in which they are cooked in.

Hi what is the name of the noodles and where can you buy them from? What are they made out of

they have different names, the branded version are 'zero noodles' (they have very low stocks atm), but you can buy them from oriental supermarkets under the name of shirataki or konnyaku noodles.

they're basically made out of insoluble fibre, so no carbs etc.
Shirataki noodles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i just bought alot from the online wing yip store.

Back