seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

thanks girls. i really do appreciate the support :)

i suppose the upside is the fact that by this time next year, i may well be living in my own house with the bf (because my dad wants to sell our family home, buy a cottage in the country and give me and my sister house deposits with the rest of the money - apparently that will solve all his problems :rolleyes:). i just feel abit rushed - i probably need to grow up at 24!!! my bf is 31 and is nagging for us to settle down etc, i guess i just want to have my belated gap year of living at home with my mum and having no responsibility or bills and just faff about with my friends.

part of me does want to move out, but the bigger part is annoyed our family home/unit is being dismantled because of one person's demands, and everyone has to put up with being lashed out at until that person gets their way.

agh. enough of the moaning.

how are all your days going?

in an effort to spread some xmas cheer, im uploading a picture of our xmas tree

the colour scheme was picked by me after much time explaining the importance of a colour theme and why blue fairy lights would not look nice with brown and gold baubles.

Aw bless you! Completely get what you mean Hun!!! It's horrible that something isn't your choice but you could end up with a lovely place for you and ur bf and might work out a gd result out of a bad situation!

Ooooo love your tree!!!! I too had to explain that no we can't have multicoloured lights because our apartment is red black and white colour scheme so the tree follows!!! They usual abide by the rules if we make such a big effort to make up some reason like that!! Haha

To help spread the cheer here are some of our decs. Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-4016076096.jpg
    image-4016076096.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 59
you ladies put me to shame with your real trees! ive always been an artificial kind of girl :)

love the look of your place emma, i have the same wallpaper as you except mine is gold and teal!

putting the tree up has always been my most favourite bit. its usually done with wine and big bowls of snacks on the table, this year will have to make do with coke zero!

you ladies put me to shame with your real trees! ive always been an artificial kind of girl :)

love the look of your place emma, i have the same wallpaper as you except mine is gold and teal!

putting the tree up has always been my most favourite bit. its usually done with wine and big bowls of snacks on the table, this year will have to make do with coke zero!

We have the other colour in our bedroom!!! The light Grey background with silver pattern!!! Love it :)

Haha well we spent so long picking a "perfect" tree we almost went artificial and we have a puppy too! So was worried about that but he's been ok with it luckily :)

Let the coke zero flowwwww wooooo! Lol xxxx

Awww, fab trees! We still havent got ours up because my husband (who's a total grinch when it comes to christmas!) seems to have "lost" them somewhere in the loft... whats the betting he miracurously finds them next weekend when I threaten to go out and buy more! I love love love Christmas so I don't know how I ended up with someone who couldn't care less! Just means I go even more overboard though in an attempt to spread some cheer ;)
Hope all is calm at home tonight! Well done for not letting it sabotage you last night, and woohoo to hitting another target!

Jumping in on the Xmas tree theme... My stars a bit wonky but that's the least of my worries!! Xxx

Attachments

• image-3946203659.jpg
    image-3946203659.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 54
we're putting our tree up this weekend, always abit worrying because our cat was a little tooooo interested in it last year. we've only just adopted her properly from our neighbours, so we have no idea what she will be like full time around baubles! we put it up in our conservatory, which currently has her most favourite thing in the world in it - underfloor heating! so lord knows how we will keep her away from it.

last night at home wasn't too bad. i put my foot down and said my piece. the long and short of it is my dad claims he is 'deeply wounded and grieving' because we spent ages pushing my sister through a levels, finding her a uni place (he re-wrote her dissertation when she failed it) and she finally got herself a job. only to be fired 6 weeks later. its only ever been her second job, but both times she's been employed, she has shown a really bad attitude :sigh2:

shes now decided she doesnt want to work with animals (her degree course), she now wants to be a police woman. :rolleyes: we've decided that next year, my parents will give me the deposit money to buy a house with the bf and just have my sister live with us because she is incapable of living by herself.

been really really hungry and headachy these last few days, must have properly knocked myself out of keto with the nibbly weekend and the office xmas party. have dropped down to 12st on the scales though, so nearly 3lbs lost this week so far. just put in another order with s&s too - cant wait to try to mulled wine flavouring!

Sounds a lot like my sister in her 20s - eventually I think my parents twigged that the more they did for her (paying off her debts, helping her achieve things, etc) the less responsibility she'd take for herself! In the end they left het to it and I'm glad to say she seems to have sorted herself out now she's in her 30s, took a while tho!

p.s. 3lbs already this week, fab! I'm glad to have lost a couple more this week too so am finally less than I was two weeks ago... think if I can get through December without an overall gain I'll be happy!

Thanks LED and well done on the weight loss - youre nearly 2 stone down! (im so jealous!!) i think we are both crossing our fingers for a STS over xmas, i think its perfectly do-able though!

my sister is just hopeless, but ive warned them time and time again that they were making a rod for their own backs. when she first came home after being fired, my parents were suggesting she should re-train in beauty and they would buy her a salon!!! a totally mental idea for someone who cant even run a bath, never mind a business. she turns 21 on the 21st of dec (aka the day the world is supposed to end), one of my cousins commented saying that she is such an inept adult, the world is literally giving up when she turns 21 because its just to ridiculous.

ah well. still very hungry today, had oatmeal and a bar so far. sipping green tea until my dinner of salmon and broccoli. i know salmon isnt technically on plan, but ive made sure the portion and calories are within the limits. i also bought some low fat fish sauces by schwartz - think we will try the orange and dill one tonight. all added up on MFP comes to 60g of carbs exactly.

been discussing my graduation dinner (plan is champers and takeaway at home). i figured since i havent had rice or bread in over a month (wow!), i probably wouldn't be able to manage anything very carby so we are going to go for a big crispy duck and pancakes order. cant blimming wait!

I'm sure salmon is on plan it is on the list of protein we are allowed.

Glad you got to say your peace to your folks your sister sounds like my brother in law it's funny how some people just can't get it together.

Xxx

oh really? i thought i read somewhere that it was a cautiony type food cos of the calorie content. i might be confusing myself though! either way, it was delicious! im not normally a fan of cooked salmon, but it was some special smoked kind - was amazing.

back at work today - blahhh.

im meant to be going to the xmas meal for our kingston clinic branch tomorrow - supposed to be at nandos (and i am aware that i ALWAYS say im going to nandos and then it never happens, i think ive jinxed it). i wouldnt normally go, but the guy organising it said i was his favorite person in the company, so now i have to go :p

getting the other half to drive us over, so will defo just be a meal and going home. chicken and salad here i come!

Hope you finally got your nandos this time round! Definitely my favourite meal out when low carbing - I go for chicken wings and mediteranean salad with lots of peri peri sauce... scrummy!

haha, well fingers crossed we actually go today. ive emailed the guy organising it to check if its still happening, no reply yet though!

FINALLY broke the 12 stone barrier today and am officially 11st 13 1/2! took me long enough after my week of cheating in week 4. now i can finally chip away at the 11s and hopefully see the 10s by the end of january!!

loss for week 5 was - 3 all together :)

Morning Hun

Well done on your loss!!! Yay to the 12s being gone!!!! Can't wait to see the back of them myself!!!

Hope you enjoy ur Xmas do!!! Xxx

thanks my lovely!

you'll be there soon enough in the new year!

2013 will be our year of all being happy and healthy :)

Yes defo!!! Cannot wait! Being on 2013 is what I Say :) xxx

Back