seriously considering slim and save - opinions and experiences please!

gaaah.

just been informed that the other half's parents will be back tomorrow afternoon and are dong roast chicken for dinner - so no 100% sunday for me.

in other news, rumbly tummy today, could kill for some crisps.

sad times :(

gaaah.

just been informed that the other half's parents will be back tomorrow afternoon and are dong roast chicken for dinner - so no 100% sunday for me.

in other news, rumbly tummy today, could kill for some crisps.

sad times :(

You don't have to eat it-just have chicken and veg-and it'll be fine

yeah i am planning to fill up with as much chicken as possible, they usually just do carrots and peas as veg, so i may skip one of my packs in order to compensate for the carb content in the veg.

may have a slight problem because they are the type of family that serves for you, away from the table, so i'll have less control over my portions. i think i'll get my boyfriend to hover around to make sure naughty things are not put on my plate. i dont want to tell them im dieting, so everything must be done very covertly.

the boyfriend wants to leave monday lunchtime, so ive made him promise to pretend we are planning to go out for lunch on the way home to avoid eating anything more in this house.

fairly happy today, will have to give the bf a big kiss later for being so supportive.

pretended we both weren't hungry this morning when his parents offered bacon and egg butties for breakfast. then we visited the grandparents who offered lunch and kept pushing apple pie and custard on us, but he fibbed and said we had already had a big lunch.

then we got back to his parents house and pretended we had already eaten lunch at his grandparents and he just had a sneaky sandwich upstairs so i wasnt tempted.

then tonights roast will be done with cauliflower, broccoli and peas as veg. we're eating at 6ish, so im only having one pack today and saving all my carb and calorie allowance for dinner tonight. using my fitness pal, so even if a few potatoes and gravy are put on my plate, im still on target :)

operation damage limitation is going well.

haha, self control really wasnt that great in the end!

literally just got home and jumped on the scales. had been panicking because despite my good intentions over the weekend, i had half a brioche bread sandwich with tuna mayo, a flapjack cookie, some mint imperials, a handful of peanuts and 2 glasses of wine. (ontop of my wagamamas and wine on friday).

but despite me weighing this evening, im 1/4 of a pound less than i was on saturday morning, so fingers crossed despite the naughty nibbly weekend, i will show even more of a loss when i weigh properly tomorrow morning. 3/4 of an lb away from 1 stone lost!

100% days until my official thursday weigh in. would love to be 11st something by the weekend.

Well done for surviving the minefield that is visiting relatives! I've been off plan this weekend too, but weighed in this morning a spectacular 4lbs up, which just shows how well you've done to show a loss! How have you got on today being back on it? I've stuck to plan but tummy rumbling!

reletives are indeed a minefield, i managed to cover up eating my packs really well (didnt want anyone to know i was doing the diet) and then 50 miles on our way home, i realised id left my blooming shaker by the sink!

restart today wasnt too bad. car travelling for 5 hours meant i had 2 bars, but haven't felt very hungry. i think the only reason i dont gain when i do eat carbs is probably because even when i do eat them, i only eat 1000 cals or so in that day anyway. so any extra taking me out of keto is used up really quickly. plus if i do eat carby things, i skip packs to try and compensate.

how was your weekend? was it just a naughty one, or did you have an event that tempted you off plan?

Weekend was great thanks, had friends over on Saturday, had planned to be low carb but with lots of yummy cheeses and wine, ended up going a bit overboard on unplanned carbs... and then did my usual of thinking "what the hell" and carrying on on Sunday! So not in for a fun week getting back into keto - if I'd just stopped Saturday think that like you I'd have burnt the carbs off and just stayed the same... live and learn!
I wonder why we're only supposed to have one bar a day on S&S - on Exante it was due to higher carbs but according to myfitnesspal the bar I had today (the praline one, yum) is lower carb than any of the shakes! I guess the danger might be you could eat 4 bars by 10am and have a looong day!
Anyway, well done getting back down to it - 5 hour journey with no snacks to take your mind off it! Are you back at work tomorrow?

eve though it was off plan, it seems like you had a lovely weekend! cheese and wine are the worst things to try and resist!

not at work today, (loving this part time malarky!), so just mooching around and drinking lots of tea to keep me warm. i was wondering the same thing about the bars, the official website reason says its to try and wean people off the habit of reaching for things like chocolate bars when they are hungry. i did notice on the days i was having more than 1 bar, my protein consumption was much lower compared to other days, so im assuming its less nutritionally balanced.

im in a strange mood today, weighed 12st 2 1/2 this morning but i just feel like the 11s are so far away. its mental because its only 2 measly pounds. would most probably be less if i hadnt cheated over the last few days.

ive also realised im a really sad person because i am seriously considering making a table this afternoon of carb contents in the packets. want to make sure I'm not having too many high carb products each day. too much time on my hands.

Ohh do it and post it on here! I find days off from work really hard as more tempted to eat. Hope you've kept snug with your mug of tea x

Hey Ruby
How you getting on? See you've got two goals just a few days away... into the 11s and the next BMI category down, woohoo! I've finally lost the weight I put on over the weekend, haven't been 100% on plan but have rid myself of all the carbs in the house so that's helping! Unfortunately it's DHs birthday this weekend so more meals out, but this time I will stay low carb and no snacking... fingers crossed!
Did you put your carbs table together? Out of interest, which are the lowest carb shake/bar/meal for emergency lowest carb days?

hey LED, i am very angry with myself becuase i have been very bad these last few days, did some mindless eating infront of the tv even after my off plan-ish weekend! so offical weigh in today was a STS - only myself to blame. grrrr!

was 100% yesterday and will defo be 100% today. ridiculous when im so close to two goals!

where are you off to for DH's brtihday meal? im sure it will be lovely and on plan for you :)

i did indeed make the table (sado alert!). i uploaded it to the 'carbohydrate question' thread. i'll upload it onto this thread when im home from work too, its defo useful! im going to stock up on the oatmeal and vanilla/almond bars for days where i have to watch carbs!

ive copied and pasted the lowest carb things:

Caramel shake (11)
Crispy choc shake (11)
Red fruits shake (10.9)

Oatmeal (7.8)
Cottage pie (11.2)
Mild curry (9.9)

Mushroom soup (10.4)
Veg soup (10.6)
Chicken soup (10.8)
Thai soup (10.6)

Choc and coconut bar (5.4)
Choco praline bar (10.2)
Vanilla and almond bar (6.6)

Hello hun

i have just caught up on your diary and OMG you are defo my diet twin!!!!!

Comments from your family of "you used to be so lovely until...." my nan is the same....."so your bf likes you THAT way....all boobs, bum and tum" ........wow thanks nan!!!! lol

i am about to order some S&S samples.....i so cannot wait to join you, your losses have been soooooo good!!!

Defo keeping up to date with your diary :) xx

Sorry you've been struggling a bit, me too! Have managed not to go over my carbs, but had a fridge full of cheese and other lovely things that I've been nibbling! For hubby's birthday I think we'll either go to somewhere like the Harvester (will have a 2 year old in tow so no romantic night out!) or stay in and get an indian takeaway... either option I'll be able to just have meat and salad (and either zero rice or cauli rice if we get the takeaway) so hoping I won't cave and eat something I shouldn't!
This time of year is so hard - its so chilly out and getting all christmassy, both things that make me want to eat! and all the lovely treats in the supermarkets... this is why I usually put a stone on by January! Not this year!
Well done for your 100% days, just a few more to get to your minigoals, and then it will be time for the christmas hols damage limitation! Good luck xx

p.s. weird that the oatmeal has the lowest carbs of all the meals, would think it was... well, carby! Thanks for list, good to know the vanilla and almond bar is low cos I love those!

Comments from your family of "you used to be so lovely until...." my nan is the same....."so your bf likes you THAT way....all boobs, bum and tum" ........wow thanks nan!!!! lol

i am about to order some S&S samples.....i so cannot wait to join you, your losses have been soooooo good!!!

Defo keeping up to date with your diary :) xx

haha thanks lovely!

god those types of comments dont help though, do they!? when id lost 10lbs, i had the same sweet aunt come over and make more comments. i think my favorite was 'hmm, they (meaning my cousins and parents) are all saying they can see you've lost weight.... but i cant see it'.

errr, thanks?? really positive comment to spur me on auntie!

and i know youre right LED, i just need to get my head down and break through that damn 11st barrier. i half think im sabotaging myself a little bit too, simply because i guess my weightloss doesnt seem real? i dont think my brain has caught up, so im still stuck in that cheat and then thinking 'sod it, it'll never work now' attitude.

off to the office xmas party tonight. got to get the train into central london and its just so cold! id skip it because i kind of feel like im coming down with something, but the bf had to go into london head office today (we work together) for an interview for a higher management position, so i have to see how it went and keep him company. laughable to think instead of drinks and 'festive platters', id rather be home with my s&s dinner and a massive cup of tea.

haha loved ones do make you laugh dont they with their positive comments lol! bless them

that does sound strange but sounds like your in the "zone"......im also feeling today like i cant wait to not eat!!! lol!!!! very wierd thought for me of all people to have!!!

i hope you enjoy your xmas do hun!!

im going to order some s&s samples tonight i think so if there's any you strongly recommend or strongly dont! let me know :) xxx

i know what you mean! life is so much simpler when you eliminate the constant thinking of food/what is or isnt good to eat/craving things/cooking it/guilting over eating it.

defo defo get the mac and cheese and mushroom pasta (im a picky eater, so the other meal packs didnt appeal to me). i like both the porridges and love the bars. the maple one is good if you dont want something super sweet. the vanilla and almond one is v nice and very low in carbs, so useful for days when you may be forced off plan and need to damage limit.

Back