Setanti's Progress - Year 2

You can get digital scales that measure your body fat percentage, water mercentage, lean (muscle) mass percentage and all sorts of other stuff.

They generally do it by sending little electrical impulses into your feet and measuring the resistance in the signals they get back I believe. They are usually programmable for individuals so you you put your age and height in before you weigh - some of them calculate your BMI, and your BMR (calories needed to maintain at rest) for you as well!

They can by quite expensive, but come up at reasonable prices every now and again. Sainsburys have had ALL their scales on offer at half price recently and I believe Home Bargains do a good set for around a tenner too. :)

Morning Steve, how's things mate.

Hi Jim & everyone! :)

Feeling rough as a bear's beard today. :(
Came home from work this morning feeling dizzy, sick, hot 'n cold and achy.
Hopefully it's just a 24-hour thing and I'll be fine tomorrow.
Off back to bed now. :sick:

Hope you're all well. Have a good day! :)

I've heard there is a bug doing the rounds mate, hope you feel better tomorrow.

Hiya gang! :D

I'm back from bugsville and feeling a lot better! Weird illness, felt like the onset of a virus that never really materialised. Oh well, what doesn't kill you... :)

Week 3, day 6...

Despite the illness over the last few days I've been eating all good stuff and I've been using my 'downtime' to read the original 1972 edition of DADR. I like the simple, no-nonsense approach of this first edition and I think I'll be using it as my bible from now on.

One thing that struck me as I read through it is that I might have been overdoing it with the cabbage and broccoli with my meals. I'm going to rein it in over the next couple of weeks and just have the 2 cups of salad with my lunch to see if I might have what Dr A calls a very high metabolic resistance. I've also completely stopped the milk in my coffee (I really only have a splash) and am completely replacing it with double cream. Oh, the hardship! :)

On a plus note, the Power 90 program is definitely doing things to me. My shoulders and upper arms are really responding and I can feel muscles under my belly fat when I tense up. I'm starting to believe that I am actually increasing muscle mass (nods to Jim). I've lost an inch off both my chest and waist, and my biceps and triceps pump up really well. I'm writing off this last week with being off colour and will start week 2 again tomorrow.

Even if I haven't lost weight this week again, I'm going to concentrate more on body fat percentage. When I started both Atkins induction and the P90 program, I was at 33.10% and now I'm at 30.74%. Can't complain about that! :D

Anyway, that's enough of me rattling on for now. Hope you're all doing well and I'm off to catch up on the threads I've been missing.

Despite the illness over the last few days I've been eating all good stuff and I've been using my 'downtime' to read the original 1972 edition of DADR. I like the simple, no-nonsense approach of this first edition and I think I'll be using it as my bible from now on.

That was the version I used Steve, suited my KISS principles frankly.

I've just come across this post (see 4th paragraph onwards) about temporary weight gain when starting a strength program.

I feel lots better about it now, and I'll stop fretting and look forward to when the lbs start to drop as well as the inches! :D

I really missed milk in my tea & coffee,so what I do is add water to 100ml double cream and make up to 400ml,add a tsp of splenda and use this instead.This usually lasts me a couple of days.
It works really well.
Good luck.
lorna

That was an interesting piece Steve.

Cheered me up, Jim! :)

I bet mate. :D

This just gets better! :D

That's a good read, nice to know I'm nicely marbled. :D

Week 4, day 1...

Remembered to bring the cream for my coffee into work today. Just sipping and reading now. ;)

Absolutely knackered myself out with the P90 weights session last night, really pushed to exhaustion on everything. I was completely drained afterwards and I rewarded my muscles with fried belly pork (2 packs for £4 at Lidl). :D

Weight up, but inches down this week.
Will persevere, the balance has to tip sooner rather than later.

Did you eat both packs then Steve. :)

If I'd had room I might have done Jim! They're sooooo good! :D

Feeling really chipper this morning.
I woke up feeling like a zombie after last night, but I'm on a bit of a high now. :)

LOL Steve. :D

Nice watch the salt intake if working hard in the gym i have to
Do you mean keep it up, Steve? I've noticed that I feel a lot better with salty bacon in my diet. Otherwise I get really weak and wobbly...

Hahaha Jim, not everyone has got your appetite mate! :D

Back