Setanti's Progress - Year 2

I do eat a lot Sharon, and that's a fact. :)

Week 4, day 2...

Had a great cardio/abs session last night as a mate from the bike club has decided to join me on P90 with a view to progressing to P90X at the same time. He's far stronger than me as he has a manual job and is built like a brick outhouse. Anyway, he was really struggling with the legs exercises and the air turned blue while we were doing the abs ripper! :D

I dunno if it was because I was laughing so much at him, but the session seemed to go by really quickly. Although I was sweating buckets I didn't find it such hard going this time, and I'm not really aching this morning. :)

Completely full from breakfast this morning and I might start reducing to 1 brattie instead of 2 soon.

Got the sculpt weights circuit tonight. The dreaded 7-7-7 is in there. It's 7 wide-armed pushups, 7 close ones with elbows tucked in and 7 normal ones. The first wide ones do me in and I can usually only manage 7-3-4. At least I'm not doing girly-style pushups now and I'm going for 7-4-5 tonight! :D

Have a good day, all!

Morning Steve, that's exhausted me, think I'll go for a lie down in the sick room. ;)

Hi all! Welcome to the new people, and welcome back to the returners! :wavey:

Week 4, day 7...

Got back from the rally yesterday, very pleased that I was able to stick to eggs, bacon, burgers and roast chicken for food all weekend. I even took a jar of mayo for the chicken. Not so pleased that I drank so much Jack again! :rolleyes::D

Hope you all have a great week and I'll catch up with the posts I've missed now. :)

Morning Steve, damn that Jack eh, he causes no end of trouble. ;)

Week 5, day 2...

I decided to skip my weigh-in this week since I sabotaged myself over the weekend with way too much alcohol again. I'm abstaining completely this weekend to redeem myself. :eek:

Anyway, the training is progressing well. Drew and I are pushing each other that little bit further each day. I actually managed a full set of 7-7-7's yesterday and was grinning from ear to ear afterwards. I seriously need to increase my weights by about 5lb each next week as I'm comfortably maxing 15 reps on each set. I can also do a chin-up now! :D

I'm in ketosis according to the ketostix but I've had a bloated feeling for the last couple of days that I'm hoping a couple of treatments of Senokot will sort out.

Hmm, the weekends seem to be a bit of a hard time for you Steve.

After the last few weeks you'd think so wouldn't you, Jim? Fact is, it's only recently that I started guzzling the alcohol again with any regularity. :eek:

I'm in a bit of an odd position. I'd like to think that my weightloss is being offset by putting muscle on. The P90 program I'm doing is NOT designed to reduce weight, and many people report increasing their scale weight after completing it. I wonder though, if I'm fooling myself that muscle is starting to outweigh fat even though my fitness is improving dramatically.

I've added lots of variables to my lifestyle at the same time. I think the simplest thing to do is remove the alcohol completely again and see it if makes a difference. I can't claim to be having just a bit - I put a shocking amount of bourbon away last weekend and two weeks before that. :eek:

I've done so well in the last 6 months that it'd be a shame to undo my good work just for the sake of a hangover that I don't want anyway! Apparently alcohol sugars get burnt before body fat so it's probably the case that this is what's showing up on the ketostix.

It's not even peer pressure that's been encouraging me to drink on the last couple of rallies so I'll have to have a think about what's causing it. In the mean time I'm on the wagon from now on so that I can hopefully start to see results at the scales as well as inches starting to come off again.

Thanks for letting me bounce it off you! :)

Apparently alcohol sugars get burnt before body fat

Spot on Steve, the body will burn anything it gets before it'll start using fat for energy. That was the original thinking behind caffeine.

Okay, switched to decaff with immediate effect.
Got a bag of Taylor's from Tesco that's 'water process decaffed'.

I'm over £2 lighter already! :D

LOL Indeed mate. :)

Week 5, day 3...

Morning all! :wavey:

Ooh, I'm feeling rough today - really tired and listless. Probably a combination of starting to go into proper ketosis again after the alcohol binge screwing things up at the weekend, and the lack of caffeine since yesterday morning. :(

I've now removed two damaging ingredients from my lifestyle. I even threw all the coffee away I had at home!

There's nothing left to stop me achieving my weightloss goals now. I don't 'cheat' as I see absolutely no reason to with all this wonderful legal food about. Here's to me feeling a lot better after the weekend! :D

That caffeine withdrawal is so hard mate, I felt like sh*t for about 3 days.

Morning.

We've finally taken the plunge & changed to decaff today. Then I fell asleep straight after lunch, lol!

At least I was at home :D

LOL, that's good Sharon, you'll soon switch into fat burning mode. :)

I've been like a zombie all day, not sure it's connected to the diet or not...

Still, I'm running a clean machine now, only good things are coming my way.

That cheeseburger pie was sooooo good! :D

Back