***SHAPELY 'LOVELY LEGS' SATURDAY***

Yeah Miniemel, I'm on the same diet as u!!! Thursday is gonna be 2 weeks for me that I'm on it....how 'bout u? Thursday I've just bought the super oats cereal mix, for the first time it didn't taste soo good, but now I'm finding it allright :p. How many lbs have u lost already ? ....How many did you lose in 4 weeks?

Hi Zentje,

I only started on the 4th of January -- and I ss's for the first week (for a jump start) -- but I only lost about 5 pounds. But, I had a BMI of just over 26 when I started, so the closer you are to ideal weight the slower the weight comes off (as it takes fewer calories to maintain your weight). I am also a small frame 5' 4" female over 40.

That said -- when I did Lighter Life in 2008 (a very similar very-low-calories diet - VLCD) -- I lost about 60 pounds in 4 to 5 months. And, I was on the soups/shakes SSing faithfully for the first 14 weeks.

This week -- and I'll weigh on Tuesday (tomorrow) -- I am trying to lose the weight with the help of CD, but adding a low calorie, low carb, high protein meal almost every day. If I have not lost or "Horrors" gained -- then I will probaby do what Trim T does (even though she has a healthy BMI) and SS until I am below goal (about 5 pounds for the glycogen I'll add back). But, if I have lost then I may try to continue along this path -- even if takes longer, because I have been below goal... stayed there for a time (but was doing insane amounts of evercise to stay there), then started gaining back when I stopped the exercise. I guess what I trying is to lose the weight and learn to manage it at the same time. I am making Life Style changes -- permanent and sustainable ones. Good News, last night my husband said he wanted to join me in my health and fitness programme.

MM

Back