***SHAPELY 'LOVELY LEGS' SATURDAY***

Are there any other guys that do this diet? Or am I going to be just one of the girls haha :p God its like real life all my best friends are women I'm surrounded by them! hahaha x

there are some men on the diet, they are a rare sighting on the daiy thread most days thou, lol

Yeah there are some men around, I think us women scare them off the daily thread though! :)

Claire just spotted your new photo of your little girl, is another lovely one!

Yeah there are some men around, I think us women scare them off the daily thread though! :)

Claire just spotted your new photo of your little girl, is another lovely one!

thanks caroline, shes looks so sweet on that pic, not the best pic of him thou, i prefer the pic of him i just posted on yesterdays daily, lol

well the heating guy has been, the boiler is working but they have to come back out on monday to fix the problem with the heating part, i just have to turn it off or on with the main part and not the thermostat. if i switch it on the radiators are red hot within 5 mins and cant turn them down, luckily its a bit warmer today and i havent even put a jumper on yet but at least it wasnt an emergency and not dangerous and i still have hot water :)

means i gotta go food shopping now tho :cool:

Least you still got hot water :)

And food shopping ouch... now ya see I only have to buy for myself I dont think I could handle food shopping well yet.. temptation of just buying the wrong things wud be too great hahaha

Good afternoon

Pleased to hear Mandy that you are on your way to getting boiler sorted out, my plumber will be here on Sunday morning, can't wait. I just hope it's not something very expensive.

Well done Xypher on the weight loss; 10 pounds is a terrific start to CD. It is a shame that there are not more men on the site at present.

Got up very late, haven't been out but need to pop down the road for an hour for supermarket essentials. A bit miserable without heating, but thank goodness for having a slanket.

Nice new picture of Kaya, Summayah. I should have made the effort to get to the cinema instead of watching a silly 'made for tv' film on Channel 5.

I ran out of coffee last night so have been drinking Twinings organic peppermint tea instead, enjoying the change.

Now I am simply waffling instead of plunging into the shower (I will have some hot water but not a lot) and getting on with my tasks for the day.

Will be back later x

Hi y'all,

hope your all being good!!
home now and thawed out.. just about...
glad you got your heating sorted Mandy, cant imagine anything worse!!!
Becca I totally LOVE stirling! its one of my fave places ever!

All going well this end, sticking to the 810... all is well!!

Hi Ladies,

I was up, showered, dressed and out the door before 8 this morning! My former co-worker had an 8 a.m. MOT booked and I asked if she wanted me to go along to hang out whilst it was being done. (So we could catch up.) We had little Tesco's shop, then coffee at Starbucks, and finally a chat at my house. It was early afternoon before I spent any time with my family -- and that was just having a lazy day at home.

Mandy, Sorry about your boiler -- I am so cold these days. I cannot imagine how distressed I'd be in your shoes. Hope it gets sorted quickly.

I love the picture of Kaya, Claire. And I think your OH looks pretty good, too.

NumNums -- My family did a "world tour" of Scotland the summer before last. The weather was horrendous, but we loved it all anyway. My mother-in-law is from Glasgow (she lives in Florida now). As a matter of fact, I am supposed to look into taking the train up to Glasgow from here (near Cambridge) to visit my DH's very ill uncle (the uncle is 82). Anyway, we want to go back and see Edinburgh (we drove through but did not stop due the Tattoo being in progress), and Ft. William/Ben Nevis (the rain was bucketing so we only did a quick look around). Also, we are hoping to book the "Harry Potter train" and add in a visit to Mallaig. We spent the better part of two weeks driving up the western side and down the eastern -- hitting the "must sees". We stayed in Weymouth and near Inverness --and did some day trips out. Caroline, I can certainly help you plan the trip.

BB - I feel your pain out of coffee! Having grown up in Seattle -- the home of Starbucks -- I was very distressed when I discovered the posh German coffee maker I ordered from the US was not available in the UK. So, I would not be able to get "coffee pods" locally. We ran out of the sampler pack that came with it quite quickly, andwe were unable to use it for two weeks. Fortunately, my huge order came in yesterday -- and I am loving the Donut House Chocolate Glazed and Cinnamon Bun flavours.

Xypher -- There are a few men (very helpful ones) on the CD forum. Some of them post on the News threads and I think almost all them would respond to thread you could start titled something like -- "Any Men on CD? I'd Like Advice." -- or something like that.

MM

I reeeeally want to have a trip to Scotland! I just need to get a job and save, no chance of it while I'm a student, so possibly this autumn, or next spring.

Just spoken to one of my friends, his sister had a baby this morning and oh my gosh he's cute!! Possibly the cutest baby I've ever seen because he doesn't look all scrunchy and like a squished monkey. I want one! But only for a bit though.

CG -- Loner babies are awesome. You do not want one of your own anytime soon. Babies are for LIFE. And, they do not stay all cute and scrunchy they turn into mouthy, moody teenagers that cost the earth!

MM

I wanted to be a secondary school teacher, and kind of was for a while... I can cope with mouthy teenagers! But yup, babies aren't on the cards for me too soon. Things I want out of life first. And as far as I know, I don't think I can have a baby alone, unless things have changed since I last did biology! I just want babies around, that aren't mine.

I know how you feel. My friend had a baby in October and now that I'm not working I am planning to go by for a "cuddle session" next week.

MM

BB hope your boiler repair isnt too expensive, im not too bad as i rent so dont have to pay any repair bills. something odd is going on with mine now tho, since he came the heating has been turned off but the radiators are hot, gonna have to turn the whole thing off when i go to bed i think as i dont like being too hot at night, just means it will cost more to heat up the water in the morning when i get up :mad:

caroline if you want mouthy teenagers come to my house, my son is 17 but hes brilliant really, he has downs syndrome and is very loving and never any trouble, gets a bit stroppy but dont we all
my daughter is 13 going on 33 she is proper mouthy and really does my head in sometimes.
i keep telling hubs that if she is anything like i was at 14-15 im leaving home and leaving him to cope lol

Lancslass your comment about your daughter made me laugh. My father is forever telling me that my ten year old will be his revenge. He can't wait -- and the stroppy, huffing and puffing has started, and the go away mom, etc.

MM

I've got plenty of nieces and nephews to give me my fill of all that! One of my nieces is 16, oh boy! The 10 year old is going to be the worst though! She does this whole "but I'm not BOTHERED!!!" and storming off thing all the time. I have to try not to laugh most of the time!

MM where in cambs do you live? My sister lives in little thurlow.. she used to live in Balsham... anywhere near there??
teenagers.... uuurrgghhhh!!!!

AlyB

No, Thurlow is south and east of Cambridge. I live near Huntingdon. It is at the junction of the A1 and A14 -- due north of London, east of Cambridge.

We visited Southampton years ago -- we had to pick up our American car which we had shipped from New York to the UK (1994). Then, in about 1997 -- we visited again whilst doing a Dickens themed tour of southern England. It seemed like a very nice and eary to travel from part of the UK.

MM

Back