Sharon's Dukan Diary

Emma I LOVE my kindle its the best gadget I have ever bought. I read loads too and find it much easier to read books on the kindle. We have now got three in our house as two of my kids have them also.

Where do you get your books from for your kindle?

Another kindler ;) but I admit that I carry a book to and from work with me, preferring to keep the kindle for evenings and weekends... (you never know on public transport!!)

Some kindle books are soooo expensive! We should start a kindle "off topic" link if someone recommends a book, or sees a good offer!

Yes a kindle off topic thread would be awesome. If anyone is not adverse to freebies and is kind of ok using a computer I can tell you how to get 'free' books. Send me a PM and I will let you know ;)

Anyway I am on such a high this morning :) After the scales not moving for three days I lost 0.8lb yesterday morning and another 0.8lb this morning :) :) ;) I have gone from 16st 9.4lb when I started to 16st 1.4lb this morning. That is a big psychological hurdle for me now as I have moved from near 17 to almost 16, made me smile.

Going off for my walk with the dog in a bit, looks like it is going to be another warm day today. I have housework to do this morning and I promised my youngest I would do something with her today.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

oh my goodness, another half pound off this morning. I am going to lose more this week than I did the first week on cruise if this carries on. Very pleased with myself today :)

Well there's a first.......had a gain this morning. I had a pv day yesterday so going to put it down to that. Only gained 0.2lb but it was still an up instead of a STS or a down. I didn't really have anything different yesterday either apart from dinner which was a dukanised chicken tikka massala with cauliflower.

If the chicken tikka was a bit salty that might account for it, though really its only a big wee sized gain so not to worry.

Youre doing great, into a proper rhythm now.

If the chicken tikka was a bit salty that might account for it, though really its only a big wee sized gain so not to worry.

Youre doing great, into a proper rhythm now.

There wasn't any salt in it unless they add salt to tinned tomatoes because I don't add salt to anything. However, like you said its a tiny change so not really overly concerned in the big scheme of things. Thanks for your input though :)

(off subject - I did accept a web link for free books, and ended up with a worm at home... then stupidly opened it here at work too, and IT had to reconfigure my PC... Never again!)

(off subject - I did accept a web link for free books, and ended up with a worm at home... then stupidly opened it here at work too, and IT had to reconfigure my PC... Never again!)

Sent you a PM about this ;)

What did you use to tikka-ise it without salt? Just curry powder?

It was a recipe on the recipe forum here. As follows

2 skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon lemon juice

For the marinade
250ml (1 cup) non fat plain yogurt
4 cloves garlic – chopped or 2 tsp dried garlic granules
1 inch ginger – fine chopped – the peel can be left on
1 small pinch salt
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tablespoons chopped coriander

For the sauce
1 large onion – finely chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon ground pepper
salt to taste
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp sweetener (takes the sharpness out of the tomatoes)

Cut the chicken into one inch pieces (tikka)
Place the chicken tikka in a bowl with the lemon juice over the meat.
Now make the marinade. I don't like it too hot and spicy so i don't put chili into it, but if you do like it hot put a chopped chili into the sauce .
Blend all the marinade ingredients together . Pour over the chicken pieces and allow to marinade for four to 24 hours.

Preheat your oven to its highest setting.
Scrape as much of the the marinade from the chicken pieces that you can and reserve for the sauce.
Place the chicken pieces on a tray in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes check after 15 mins as while the chicken is cooking quite a lot of water comes off of it probably from the marinade , just pour that off, The edges of the meat may blacken a little. (That is good it looks more like the dish in an indian restaurant)
While the chicken is cooking ,
over a low heat in a non stick frying pan or spritz lightly with cooking spray add the chopped onions and fry very slowly until lightly caramelised and translucent.
Now add the chopped tomatoes, sweetener, turmeric, pepper and garam masala and bring to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the liquid from the tomatoes has reduced and thickened slightly. The aroma in your kitchen will be very nice about now.
When the sauce if simmering, add the reserved marinade and simmer gently for at least five minutes. ( try not to boil it as the yoghurt could curdle, still edible but not so pretty)
when cooked you can either leave the sauce as it is or blend it with a hand blender to a creamy sauce,
Just before serving, add the cooked chicken pieces.
serve on a bed of dukan friendly ' rice' ( cauliflower pulsed in food processor until it is in small rice like pieces then just gently steamed or cooked in a little water until al dente) or any other allowed veg you like, sprinkle a little chopped coriander on the top

Wow I am so excited. Scales down just over half a pound again this morning. I have gone from 16 st 9.4lbs and this morning the scales said 16st 0.6lbs, almost down into the next stone. Loving this eating plan.

Today we are off to Bath to deliver a desk to a friend of mine. I have planned ahead. Going to eat chicken salad before we go. I am in the process of making muffins and have some cherry tomatoes to take with me.

Well done :) I still can't believe how the scales keep going down, the more protein I eat the better my losses are!!
Have a lovely time in Bath :) love the place. You sound very well organised food wise, have a great day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Had a lovely trip to Bath on Saturday and coped with food. I made sure I was well prepared before we went and all went well. Having a few domestic 'issues' at home which usually drives me to comfort eating but I have not turned to food this time. Although yesterday as PP day I was very picky all day, but only picked at the right stuff.

Here's to a new week and looking forward to it.

Back