Sharon's Dukan Diary

Glad trip went well, hope things are getting sorted at home (( hugs )) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Clare, things are ok now. Just lack of communication on one members part of our family. Just glad it didn't drive me to food which it used to.

Well done for not going for food when stressed - it's a very hard habit to break so feel proud of yourself.

ESPECIALLY when around family. I definitely revert to childish behaviour, and remedies, at "home". :D

wooohooo today is a good day :) :) :) I broke the barrier.........now under 16 stone. Yesterday morning 16 st 0.6lb, this morning 15st 13.4lb. That's the way to start the day. Who cares if it's raining!

Well done you :) you should be very happy and yes who cares about weather lol

Sorry not posted much this week ad work been manic, all good with me. Hope you have a great day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

yesterday was stressful! My middle daughter messed up her computer and I had to spend most of the day fixing it. Upshot was I forgot to eat. Had dry fried egg and turkey bacon for breakfast but then didn't eat anything again until about 5. Then I had a chicken breast and some steak. Had to eat all my muffins in the evening too, with total yum. That being the case I was expecting the scales to go up again this morning. However, dropped down another 1lb I could not believe it!

Sounds like you're going great guns there, Sharon. Keep it up!

Sounds like you're going great guns there, Sharon. Keep it up!

Joanne I love this eating plan. I have messed about with so many diets over the years and always found them difficult but this isn't it's a breeze. I am never hungry. I have plenty of energy. I have no cravings or even desire to eat things I shouldn't. OK so I may not be losing weight as quick as Cambridge or Lighter Life but this one I can stick to.

I don't know where the time goes. I cannot believe it is Monday again already, it hardly feels like we had a weekend.

Definitely colder here this morning, was decidedly chilly when I walked the dog. It's been raining again too.

Weekly weigh in this morning and I have lost 2.8lbs on my third week on cruise :D Really pleased with how the weight is coming off. I haven't made any increases to exercise either just still plodding along with the 30 minute brisk walk each morning. Until I see it started to slow down or stall I am happy to stick with this and keep that as my back up to get things moving again.

Going away on Friday for the weekend. Just to Stockport to visit a friend and coming back Sunday. I am already planning ahead though as I refuse to waiver. We usually go for an Indian but I have asked that we go somewhere more Dukan friendly this time if we go out for a meal.

Haven't got much else planned for this week only a haircut tomorrow and I need to make an opticians appointment also.

Another excellent loss Sharon. As you say, it's all soooo easy when we're in the zone, so to speak. You're absolutely right to think ahead, and suggest different restaurant choices to your friends because it's always so much easier to stick at it than restart (and I should know! ;)).

As I read in a book recently, talking about an alcoholic: "it's just the first drink you have to avoid." Or even: "one is too many an twenty is never enough!". I can relate to both - not with drink though!!

only a haircut tomorrow
The lengths some people go to for weight loss ;)

I was watching a programme last night called something like half ton man. About a 75 stone man in America and his struggle with his weight. I think one of the key quotes was with regards to drug addiction or alcoholism and you wouldn't expect a drug addict to just have one hit of heroin or an alcoholic one drink. That's why food addiction is so difficult to manage as we have to control it not eliminate it.

I'm glad you posted that, Sharon, because I too see a lot of similarities with (some of) our food addictions and other addictions. But we have to test ourselves several times a day with "just a little" of our drug. Ugh!

I have always said that in some cases it is an addiction. There are all kinds of reasons why we put on weigh but if we are truly honest with ourselves a lot of it is an addiction. So many reasons, illness, genetics, emotions. I for one know I have an addictive personality fortunately, or unfortunately depending how you look at it, my addiction is food not drink or drugs. It also makes me mad, especially in the UK, how GPs deal with our ever growing problem of obesity. They are happy enough to help alcoholics and drug addicts but fail to see the similarities with food addiction. I really wish the NHS would get a grip of itself and see how much money is being wasted each year treating all the 'side effects' of obesity....high blood pressure, heart conditions, diabetes. If they addressed the initial cause of the obesity with nutritional advice and therapy I am sure this would be a lot cheaper than all the problems which come with excessive weight gain in later life. I get really peeved at people saying oh you are fat because you are greedy. This is not always the case, people need to get a better understand of the psychological issues which underpin most issues surrounding food.

You are quite right, Sharon. Food is our addiction but we have to live with it day to day. I am hoping that by following Dukan through to Stab that I will finally be in control of it. :)

Haven't posted in a couple of days, not because I have been naughty but because nothing much is happening. Still plodding along with Cruise and still losing steadily each day. I am still doing a 30 min brisk walk each day and until I see weight loss slow or stall I will carry on with this. Extra exercise is my fall back plan.

Going away for the weekend tomorrow. I have baked extra muffins for Saturday and Sunday. Tomorrow is a PP day. I am catching the train at 11:00am to Stockport so I can have brekkie before I go and I am only on the train for three hours but have a lunchbox with some cooked chicken breast to take with me. My friend phoned in a panic because she said she doesn't know what to feed me. Fortunately Saturday is PV so I said just lean meat like chicken breast and a salad are the safest bets. We are going to York for the day and meeting up with some other friends and I have a suspicion we will end up in a quaint little tea shop somewhere but I refuse to give in to the cakes. I am not overly worried about it but I will NOT be falling off the wagon as I know how hard it is to get back on.

Bag packed now waiting for my lift to the train station. Got the weekends muffins in my bag along with some cooked chicken breast so I have something ready before we pop to Tescos.

Back Sunday night, have a fab weekend all.

Survived my weekend away. Stuck to plan however minor slip up Saturday lunch when the salad I ordered came with a dressing. Didn't think to ask without, but there wasn't much of it. Did not put on any weight whilst I was away, lost some yay me.

Week 4 lost 2.6lb so I am now 0.2lb shy of losing my first stone.

Back