Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Not sure what the scales will have in store this week, or if I should count this week as a weigh in. After a 3rd week of STS, I decided to have bit of a planned pig out this w/e then be very strict with myself through the week, to see if I could kick start my weight loss again. What I didn't account for was coming down with the flu. I have no appetite and for the last two days have struggling to hit anywhere near 600 cals. Hope this doesn't screw my metabolism up?? :-(
I am staying off the exercise until I feel 100%, even though my treadmill has arrived, which I am quite excited about!!
Figured a few more days off won't do me any harm, besides which I need to eat twice as much as I am doing before I even think about exercise.

Oh no lady, so sorry you're poorly!!! Don't worry about diet and exercise, just do what you need to do to get better and worry about it when you're on the mend. You are not going to upset your metabolism over a few days, it takes much longer than that!!!

Get well soon. x

I'm with Lindsey, don't worry about dieting and exercising for now, just focus on getting better! I hope you feel better real soon!

Thanks guys. Yes your right I know, but I really am missing exercising....... how sad am I !! Actually I think its the feel good factor I actually miss :)
Today I have felt much better and have started eating almost normally again. :)
Should be back to normal tomorrow!

The scales have finally moved!!!!!!
I lost 1.5lb this week :) :) :)

Needless to say I am very pleased. Hopefully I can now shift the last 4.5lbs!

This week has been good, despite illness earlier in the week. My treadmill arrived on Tues, so have loved getting up and going for a run. I still have 10 runs left until I complete C25K and my race for life is 3rd July, so not long to go really. I am going to run outside this w/e to do my next 25 min run, so hopefully the weather will improve. If not then will do it on the treadmill.
Foodwise I have made lots of good choices this week, including having a salad at the pub last night. My tummy really wanted chips, but my head very firmly said NO!
The 10'000 step challenge at work is going good, despite the 2 days of been ill, I am mostly over 20'000 steps each day :)

I am looking into getting a kettlebell this w/e. I am a little guilty of doing mostly cardio, so need to concentrate on a bit of strength training / toning. I thought kettlebell would be a good way of burning lots of cals and toning up.

So goals for the week:
1- 25 min run x 4
2- Kettlebell session x 2
3- Burn 2500+ cals
4- 500 Ab crunches
5- 20'000 steps everyday

Hope everyone has a good w/e!!

Yay, glad you're feeling better!!!

I did one of my 25 min runs yesterday, followed by my first kettlebell session. The calories u burn are fantastic! I did about 7 mins and had burnt 100 calories!! That's more than I burn on the treadmill!
I woke this morning with bit of a sore body though! :)
We had friends over for pizza and alcohol last night. Amazingly I had some pizza and cider and was still within my cals!! I did get everyone on Wii Just Dance afterwards though to start burning off the cals.
It is so nice to wake up at a w/e with a clear head. Especially after a party the night before. :)
I am going to do an exercise DVD later followed by another kettlebell session.My hubbie is taking me out for a meal tonight, so need to boost my exercise cals so I can order something nice :)

Yesterday was a great day!
I exercised for 2 hours doing a circuit of running / cycling / kettlebell and crunches.
I felt as though I had a proper workout and didn't feel tired afterwards either!
My motivation to keep going was knowing the more cals I burnt the more I could eat on my meal out. :)
So I had steak and chips for my tea with several glasses of wine. Even though I had decided I could eat whatever I wanted, I still found I was a little careful what I ordered. I stayed away from anything with cheese or pastry and avoided desert.
My hubbie gave me loads of nice compliments about how slim I was looking, which was a really nice boost. :)

Today I am doing a 25 min run on the treadmill. I had hoped to run outside, but not likely with this weather so far!

Yesterday I actually did a 4 mile run!!! It took me 31 mins. I was so happy afterwards, was smiling for quite a while afterwards! I now know I am ready for RFL in a couple of weeks.
Today I have been really lazy. I set my alarm for 04.45, but managed to make a coffee and potter around the house. No exercise!!! I went for a 30 min walk at lunchtime, but that's the only exercise I have done today!! Also went over my cals by 200!!
Tomorrow is my day off, so planning an hours cardio, 15 min kettlebell session and 200 crunches. These last few lbs will come off!!!!!!!! :) :)

Wow - 4 miles - well done!
Makes me tired just thinking about it lol :) x

Wow, well done you, very very impressive!!! x

Thanks. I was rather pleased with myself!! :)
Today has been bit of a strange day. I got up early and did a 25 min on the treadmill and 30 mins on my bike, so net calories were around 1800. By tea time I still had around 1300 left. Rather than going under 1000 net cals I ordered a pizza to use up some of the cals. Although the pizza was nice (didn't eat all of it), I did feel quite guilty eating it. :) Not sure how I ended up with so many cals left, not a problem I normally have!!!!

Ahhhhhh pizza mmmmmmm!!! I'm sure pizza was purely invented to soak up excess cals, so absolutely no guilt allowed lady!!! x

Exercise cals are the best!!

Once again I have excess cals, so on tonight's menu is a large glass of wine, fantastic! :)

Waaahh it's not fair lol im totally not feeling the gym love at the mo. Not even the thought of wine is motivating enough!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What fantastic weather! Not great for exercising though, so will need a bit more motivation to some.
This week has gone well. Was a boost to lose 1 lb. So close to goal now. As excited as I am about getting to goal, I am also apprehensive. What if I lose my determination and go back to old habits? I am driven because I have a goal, to get to my ideal weight. Once I reach it what will drive me then? I guess I need to look for some new goals? I have decided to sign up for a 10k race, so that my be enough.

Time to look how I did with my goals this week:

1- 25 min run x 4 ** I did 3
2- Kettlebell session x 2 ** Complete!!
3- Burn 2500+ cals ** Complete!!
4- 500 Ab crunches ** Complete!!
5- 20'000 steps everyday ** My average was 15500

Overall I completed most of my goals.

So for this weeks goals:

1- 4 long runs
2- 2 30 min strength training sessions
3- 500 Ab crunches
4- Ave steps 17000l
5-Burn 2500+ cals

I have a family BBQ today, so need a good exercise session this morning then I should be able to stay within my cals!

Hope everyone has a fab w/e!!

Well done! And I agree with you about maintaining. I think i will still weigh weekly and have a top weight I am not allowed above. Whenever I get near I will tighten up my eating again. I don't want to have to lose nearly 3 stone again!!
Have a great week x

Wow well done on all the exercise! I really need to start doing more. Yeah, I've wondered what'll happen when I get to goal weight too. Like would I keep calorie counting but eat the amount to maintain or summat? I think I would need to do summat like that or else I'd start overeating again probably

Back