Shelly Belly's Bridesmaid Blitz

I hold up my hands, but I had to check the scale again today, and after a PV day (with soy sauce in the evening) they are still clocking 10st5.75!!

Feels amazing!!

Last day in the office today before my holiday - so excited :)
My sister text me last night so say we were going to pick up the wedding dress on Saturday morning at 10am! Going to pick up the wedding dress!! eek! so excited!! Buying my bridesmaid dress Saturday evening, probably at Bluewater :)

In fitness news, I did Cardio Conditioning this morning, but the schedule said it was one of the mental days where you have to do two workouts back-to-back... so I'm saving "Insane Abs" for tonight... A little something to look forward to? :rolleyes:

Have a good day!

I'm really happy for you and am giggling at your checks and counter checks etc. It's true that sometimes we suddenly get a loss for no apparent reason. Wahay!

Woohoo!!!! Happy naked dance on your behalf, Shelly. I haven't checked in for a few days, so you must be off on holiday by now and twirling around in front of the mirror in your new dress. Needless to say, PICS PLEASE!!! :)

Well done for an awesome result - you absolutely deserve it. Now go and enjoy the wedding and tell us all about it when you get back.

Cxx

Hey Gang!!

Sorry I have been awol for so long. I have missed you all terribly! I have been running around, on hen parties, babysitting, buying my bridesmaid dress (it is so tight!!), baking the wedding cake (I didn't even lick the spoon), visiting my Nan (still going strong!) and generally hanging out with the family!

I will give you full details of all of my transgressions when I get the chance to sit down and update you properly, but the headline is that my food has been pretty much bang-on, but Kentish Cider, Strawberry frozen Daiquiris in Ibiza and the odd glass of obligatory celebration Bucks Fizz have stagnated the weightloss. Wedding is this Saturday and although I am in the dress, I am concentrating on one last final push to give me a couple of cms leeway for oxygen and stuff on the big day! Fridge is stocked with prawns and asparagus, and I'm knocking green tea back like it's nobody's business.

Weight story has been as follows: was 10st 4lb last Monday (kept walking round saying 10-4, 10-4 to everyone, like a soldier, they thought I was cray cray)
This Monday after 4 days in Ibiza, and trip to Notting Hill Carnival, with booze and the odd... ahem... "spice" cake, it was at 10st 6.8. I think most of this is water as it was 10st 5.2 this morning. :)

I just wanted to jump on here and thank you all so much for all of the wonderful support over the past few months. It has been so wonderful to share this journey with you guys, and I really appreciate all of the help, suggestions and encouragement along the way. I feel like I have really achieved something and am really looking forward to meeting my goal in the Autumn, moving into consolidation and to not having "lose weight" as a 2015 New Year's Resolution. Got lots of love for you, ladies!!

I'm attaching a pic of me in my dress, I'm sorry for the grumpy face, I am smiling on the inside :)
Better ones to come after the wedding:D

unnamed.png

You look fantastic!

Thank you so much, Jo!!

After 3 great days (two PP and one PV) I'm down to 10st 3.2lbs this morning :)

I have lost 2 stone people!!! and I have 2 days to go :)

Have a great day (and please cross your fingers for sunshine on Saturday - ahh, we can dream!!! ;) )

Ahhhh what a feeling!!! Congratulations :) looking at your losses and they are fantastic!!

xx

Ladies!

I'm back in Tunisia. It was a whirlwind of a wedding and I had an amazing couple of weeks in the UK, but alas! the show (and diet!) must go on!

So the wedding, in truth it started on Thursday, as that's when they had the legal bit, and, if I'm honest, my diet pretty much went out the window from Thursday to Saturday. No regrets, just a few lessons learnt :)

But it was wonderful to prance about in my size 10 bridesmaids dress, and it made all of the hardwork worth it, (even if I did have to undo it by the end of the night and adorn my BF's jacket, as the bleeding thing was just a fraction too tight!!). I'm so deliriously happy for my beautiful Sister too, it was such a spectacular day!

So I won't tell you about all my dieting faux pas, and how I went to town on the cake table, drank cider after cider by the pint and ate hog roast sandwiches in the taxi on the way home. What I will tell you is I'm back on the great Doctor's Diet, I'm determined to get to 10 stone, and I'm going to run a marathon in 7 weeks (at said 10 stone).

I did a (relaxed, with Bacon and Quinoa) PV day on Sunday, and this morning my weight was 10st 9.2lb. PAH! I was a bit paniced when I saw that, but I'm hoping that after a week, it will be at a much more manageable number. PP today, and feeling those cravings diminish already

First day of the week, first day of September! Let's do this!! :)

P.S. I finished Insanity! even did it on the balcony in Ibiza. No you can't see my abs... but I'm sure they are there!!

shelly1.jpg

You look amazing!!!!!!!! What a stunning pic....you must be so proud of yourself :) wow....inspirational story :)

xxxx

Thank you for always making me smile, Shelly! I'm off to sleep giggling about the 10-4's :)

You look absolutely stunning and I think you should use that last pic as your new profile shot. You rock.

Cx

Thank you so much!! yep, will defo change my piccy!

Went running this morning, first time in 2 months! 7km and it was awesome. Much easier being lighter! :)

Having a bit of a "hungry day" as a result though, not even 11am yet and I have eaten most of what I brought for lunch (Fajita Turkey). Will have to nip out at actual lunchtime and grab some turkey ham or something! oops!

Scale said 10st 6.5 this morning, so as predicted, it was mainly water ;) Hoping to have it all off by Monday and back to 10-4, 10-4 ;)

Have a great day Dukanettes xxx

Good Morning, You Beautiful Weightloss Vixens!

Yesterday my Manager was having a birthday cake tea drinking thing for his daughter's birthday and I had to go. I did my best, managed to siphon off my tea before sugar was added to the whole pot (that beautiful North African Mint Green tea, the one you have in glasses). But, because I'm a bit of a dab hand with cakes, and it was one of those massive, Barbie-hello-my-skirt-is-a-cake cakes, that his wife asked my to cut it (Am I the only one imaginging a life size version of the cake now?) I was feeling strong and resilient, but a little bit went on my hand, and when I licked it off... well, what can I say? It was possibly the greatest morsel of cake I had ever tried. So I served myself a MINISCULE portion - no bigger than a Ferrero Rocher. Straight afterwards I went to my tennis class and made sure I trained extra hard.
Thank goodness it worked because the scales greeted me with 10st 5.5lbs this morning.

I know little slip-ups like these are not helpful, but I need to focus on damage limitation - the old me would have though "Damn it! Diet blown, I may as well have a pizza now, and ice cream, and a chocolate bar..." and before I would have known it, a massive binge would have ensued. I'm starting to learn to trust myself - which will be important as I move into consolidation :)

I had a bitter NSV this morning. My 30A bra fit. It does feel nice to wear a bra that fits, but I will miss those boys :( Oh the price we pay!!

Woohoo, check out the sexy profile pic! 30A puppies and all :)

I'd count yesterday as a huge success: having a teeny indulgence and staying in control - that's so empowering!

Cx

Well said dukanista!!!

ive been there so many times shelly belly!! I literally had one of the kids chocolate buttons previously....just one, and in my mind I had blown my whole week....the next thing I knew 8, yes, 8 cookies had been put away and then felt truly revolting!!!!

lol re puppies...

YOU ROCK :)

xxx

:)

Hey Guys!

STS after PV yesterday. Not demoralised, but thinking of leaving the scales alone until Monday.
Had one of those annoying "don't lose any more weight" comments yesterday - I still have my sights on 10stone and I am determined to finish what I set out to do. I still don't feel like I'm "there" yet. I really hate the fact that a women's weight is fair game for anyone to talk about and comment on.

Tomorrow will be 4 months on the diet - I'm gonna have a bit of a reflection then I think.

Otherwise I have a proper weird PP lunch that I thought you might like to hear about: Deconstructed Spaghetti Carbonara
It's basically Boiled Eggs, Turkey ham and some Konjac Noodles. No cheese though. I guess I'll whack it in the microwave too.
Will let you know how it goes.

I have tried a few brands of the Konjac Shirataki noodles now. These ones are the best so far. It's the "Eat Water Slim Pasta" range from Holland and Barratt, the texture and smell are pretty good. I still have the Miracle Noodles to try, so I'll get those next week.

Hey Guys!

STS after PV yesterday. Not demoralised, but thinking of leaving the scales alone until Monday.
Had one of those annoying "don't lose any more weight" comments yesterday - I still have my sights on 10stone and I am determined to finish what I set out to do. I still don't feel like I'm "there" yet. I really hate the fact that a women's weight is fair game for anyone to talk about and comment on.

Tomorrow will be 4 months on the diet - I'm gonna have a bit of a reflection then I think.

Otherwise I have a proper weird PP lunch that I thought you might like to hear about: Deconstructed Spaghetti Carbonara
It's basically Boiled Eggs, Turkey ham and some Konjac Noodles. No cheese though. I guess I'll whack it in the microwave too.
Will let you know how it goes.

I have tried a few brands of the Konjac Shirataki noodles now. These ones are the best so far. It's the "Eat Water Slim Pasta" range from Holland and Barratt, the texture and smell are pretty good. I still have the Miracle Noodles to try, so I'll get those next week.

Omg yes.... I forgot about those annoying comments... Had loads of those first time round on dukan...nobody would ever turn round to someone who was overweight & say "don't put on anymore weight!", but it seems when you've lost weight it's a free for all!! And the dukan haters come out in force...ooh I've read about that in the paper...it's terrible....I think that's why I'm loving it on here ATM...dukan community rocks :)

thanks for for the noodles tip too :)

xx

The dukan haters are the worst, I haven't told anyone this time around that I'm on Dukan. I think I'll slip that in after I've lost some weight and people start asking how I did it. In my mind how can they criticize something that is obviously working?

Shelley_belly your journey has been fantastic, you look amazing and give so much inspiration to those of us at the start of the journeys. Hats off to you!

The dukan haters are the worst, I haven't told anyone this time around that I'm on Dukan. I think I'll slip that in after I've lost some weight and people start asking how I did it. In my mind how can they criticize something that is obviously working?

There are Dukan haters? I haven't met one yet... but I really hope I do!

So many... there was a program on a few months ago called 'the men who make us fat' and Pierre Dukan appeared on it and from what I can remember after the interview the presenter just slated it and him so I think some people get their judgement from that.

Back