shoe size

What you described makes perfect sense thanks.plus there may be a little fat loss too.I certainly think that bit just below the ankle has got thinner & that wouldn't be a loading/spreading thing.
Oh yeah ankles get thinner and lose fluid too :D

What a shame our feet shrink as we lose weight.
I've always been a size 6 & could never buy any shoes, they sold out too quick, especially in the sales.
So when I became a size 7 I was quite pleased, because there is always size 7's in the shop & on the sale aisle.
I've also got lots of size 7 shoe's, that won't fit me any more, what a shame.

Do you think it all has to do with the fact that more body weight pressing down on our feet makes them spread out to support us? Thus, less weight (or pressure) will allow them to return to their natural size/shape?

Also, I have a couple of elastic waist skirts that still fit ok (just) but they are way too long now.....hmmmmm

Tommee those aren't shoes they are boats!!

I am surprised at the average size of feet on here, I don't think anyone has mentioned less than a 5. I've always been a 4 and still am, but I think in some styles I will now be able to wear a 3. Lots of mine do feel loose now, but I've bought some insoles and I can still wear them, so for the shoes you like and don't want to throw out thats something that may work for you.

I also used to suffer from painful arches and don't anymore so thats amazing, I never used to be able to walk far in any sort of heel and now I can! Don't wear anything particularly high but still it feels great!

Mags
xxx

I really hope mine shrink, i take a 10 and have a terrible time finding shoes that a. i like and b. are comfortable. Would make so much difference to be a 8/9. Heres wishing.

Also, I have a couple of elastic waist skirts that still fit ok (just) but they are way too long now.....hmmmmm

I have noticed this with my trousers...so have my friends. All my trousers used to flap around my ankles but now the love handles have shrunk they are now at floor level...or longer...lol

Back