shoe size

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by jenna113, 28 February 2007 Social URL.

1. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

ive recently noticed that my shoes are getting a bit big. today i confirmed it though - my feet keep sliding in and out of my shoes and there is quite a significant space from the back of the hell towards the end of the shoe. they might be slipping out due to pop socks? Do you think weight loss affects foot sizes as well?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WobblyW

WobblyW Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Jenna,

I've noticed this too. It's true, shoes 'grow' a little with wear, but I just couldn't keep mine on. Hence an excuse to buy new shoes.

I am beginning to think this diet should come with major expenditure warnings though. New clothes, new shoes, what next?

W

4. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    W8
    oooh glad someone has mentioned this, I have noticed this too - I though perhaps my foot was getting narrower (??) rather than shorter - but shoes definately looser than before.

strange!

5. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

yeah, my feet are wide. always have been. if they weren't, i think i could get into a size 4 (37). but i normally buy 39s (6) and at times 38 (5) if they are a bit wider.

now my 39 high heel shoes are too big. hmmm.....i need to hit the jackpot soon!!

6. WannaBeSlim

WannaBeSlim Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It most definitely is true .. I have dropped from a 7/8 to a 6.1/2 7 .. it's GREAT!!!

7. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Yep, happened to me too. I lost 3 stone and can no longer wear a 6, and tend to buy 5½ or sometimes 5.

I think you lose weight all over with a VLCD and it's all fat, so you get smaller all over too. I wonder if my earlobes are slimmer:thinking2: ;)

8. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

VERY interesting.....;)

9. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Yep my new shoes were back to a 6 (39) and in recent years I have had to buy a 6 1/2 (40) occasionally a 7 (41).

Dizzy x

10. chrismars

chrismars Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Me too. My shoes are slipping too.

11. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up

This is a definate, I have gone down a shoe size...in fact it was one of my first target areas to go....lol. I have gone from an 8 down to a 7, and the 7`s are feeling a little loose.

12. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

this is all so interesting - never really imagined that my foot can lose weight too....

:confused:

but hey...bring it on :eek:

13. New-Me

New-Me can do it this time!

mine are going down too!!! so glad someone brought this up - thought it was my shoes! never expected this to happen. Love the comment re all the things they should have told us re expenditure - shoes, clothes etc!!!:D

14. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

girlies,

i think we either need:

- to hit the jackpot;

- or to find a sugardaddy!!

whatch'all think?

Keep it up, gals!!!

15. Joolz

Joolz Nomad staying slim

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Yep I've gone down about half a shoe size and boots I culdn't zip up over my calf are now fine. When we are overweight we carry fat EVERYWHERE.

Yep - a sugardaddy for me please!!! I can shop for England.

16. jenna113

jenna113 Full Member

Sugar daddy for moi too, please! ;)

17. meghan1409

meghan1409 Full Member

Mine too. It makes perfect sense when you think about it though... your feet swell/stretch when they're carrying all of the extra weight... and the more you lose, the less your feet have to accommodate.

I've gone from a 7 to about a 6 1/2 now... I still wear my 7's but they're getting quite wide.

18. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    So glad to have found this thread.
    Thought I was going mad when shoes felt loose.Even considered the poss of a pixie coming at night & stretching them.

Sadly shoes are one part of my wardrobe I don't want to upgrade as I quite like what I've got.

19. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

OMG Jane I never stretched your shoes! :p
    Tis a fact that your feet get smaller as you lose weight, not because you have fat feet but because there is less weight pushing down on them which causes them to spread.
    Look at the width of your foot if you hold it just off the fllor then put your weight on it and it magically spreads out!:D

20. Wendy

Wendy Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Well, this is good news as maybe the lovely boots I bought a few weeks back will fit me soon and not cripple my feet :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

21. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    What you described makes perfect sense thanks.plus there may be a little fat loss too.I certainly think that bit just below the ankle has got thinner & that wouldn't be a loading/spreading thing.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.