Should I get so upset ?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by sahalley, 27 October 2011 Social URL.

1. sahalley

sahalley Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.07%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting/MFP
    There I was having a really lovely time at a friends house, catching up on all the gossip, when as I get up to leave her four year old grandson whom I had been playing and laughing with shouts out "she's fat" as I am putting my shoes on .. my poor embarrassed friend then tells him to stop being so rude when he points at me again and say's to his mum the same thing. Now I laugh it off as I can tell everyone is embarrased but when I'm in my car and driving home I cant help myself but get upset and shed some tears. I know I am super sensitive over the amount of weight I have put on (4 stone in 2 years due to a debilitating illness) but am I stupid to feel so upset, after all he is only a little boy and only saying what he saw ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RealFireflies

RealFireflies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    Of course it's not silly to get upset. OH and I are both overweight - OH more than I and I get upset when things are said about him, even though it's not me! He shrugs it off but I think it affects him.
    Does the illness stop you loosing weight?

4. sahalley

sahalley Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.07%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting/MFP
    Thank you realFireflies for your reply .. no I am now recovering from the illness as it made me housebound and am undergoing rehabilitation therapy. I am trying to get my life back and have started calorie counting and hoping that is the way forward for me .. maybe I am just feeling vulnerable :sigh:

RealFireflies likes this.
  5. RealFireflies

RealFireflies Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro Points
    As long as you follow a diet that suits your needs and lifestyle, I'm pretty sure you'll lose weight. Well done for making the right positive steps. :)

6. chiefdave

chiefdave Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    20st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(12.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Nothing wrong with getting upset, I think most people on here would be affected in some way in that situation. You could look at getting upset as a good thing. If you weren't bothered then you wouldn't be bothering to do anything about it. Use the fact that it upsets you to motivate you in sticking to your new diet.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.