Should I get so upset ?

sahalley

There I was having a really lovely time at a friends house, catching up on all the gossip, when as I get up to leave her four year old grandson whom I had been playing and laughing with shouts out "she's fat" as I am putting my shoes on .. my poor embarrassed friend then tells him to stop being so rude when he points at me again and say's to his mum the same thing. Now I laugh it off as I can tell everyone is embarrased but when I'm in my car and driving home I cant help myself but get upset and shed some tears. I know I am super sensitive over the amount of weight I have put on (4 stone in 2 years due to a debilitating illness) but am I stupid to feel so upset, after all he is only a little boy and only saying what he saw ?

Thank you realFireflies for your reply .. no I am now recovering from the illness as it made me housebound and am undergoing rehabilitation therapy. I am trying to get my life back and have started calorie counting and hoping that is the way forward for me .. maybe I am just feeling vulnerable :sigh:

Back