Should I?!?! Shouldnt I?!? Help!

Sarahdramateacher

Hello fellow mini-minians...!!!

I seem to report to this daily recently for more advice and support! So thank you again for your help in advance.

So (just a little about me so you can be honest in responding...!) I have been on Cambridge diet since October (SS Oct-Dec, 810 Dec-April and 1000 3 weeks) and I have lost 5 stone exactly and am now at BMI 23. Iv hit my weight target, but I'm still very conscious of gaining or staying the same even though I know iv hit target - I feel the effort I'm putting in with exercise and sticking to food plan that I really want at least 1lb a week more loss! - I know it's addictive!!

However............. (big dot dot dot!!) my partner has recently told me that he is struggling with me on such a strict food plan and really wants the occasional meal out together just so we can spend some quality time together (him saying he specifically misses going for a curry!!)

So... If I was to plan an evening for a curry night out what would people suggest? Is this really ridiculous and would I just gain weight straight away? I'm scared about the scales rocketing!!!!

Has anyone got any suggestions/experiences/help/advice that i would be forever grateful for?

Help / encouragement / experiences please share!! Xxx

Im doing slim fast so counting calories . If you want low calories well low to me 600! I have a chicken tikka starter as a main (5pieces of dry chicken) few spoons of boiled rice and two/three popadoms with just the dry onion tub and maybe side salad

Hope that helps

Just work out a bit more to lose calories that week. And remember, you won't gain a bunch a weight from one meal, just like you won't lose a bunch of weight from eating one healthy meal.

Life is for living, the odd meal out without guilt is why I want to lose weight, after all. So much of our society and culture is based around food, so I understand where your OH is coming from. Put a limit on it if it makes it easier for you e.g. once every 4 weeks, or limit what you have while you are out. There are always better and worse options, so you can still be in control.

Enjoy yourself :)

Thank you for all this guys - well I ended up making a home made chicken curry in line with step 3 Cambridge (yoghurt, spices and chicken! - all weighed and measured correctly.)

Yet despite my commitment to the diet I blooming gained 2lb (nearly 3lb) this week and now feel rubbish and disappointed and like I just want to quit!!

Surely it's not fair that iv religiously stuck to the plan and continued to do my work out each day and gained....

When I go up a step/come off Cambridge ... Will I just keep gaining? Ahhh I'm so upset :-(

Back