Attack Should I start the cruise phase?

Aiven

After 3 days I reached already the weight i supposed after 7 days on the attack phase. Should I continue with the attack (struggling big time as i feel totally ill, hate proteins!:cry:) or should I move to the cruise phase?

For cruise the ratio is 2/3 protein to 1/3 veg and pure protein days as attack on alternate days. Perhaps Dukan is not the right diet plan for you if you hate protein - For Dukan to work the more protein you eat the more weight you will lose.

I would move on to cruise if the weight is lost, u might do those extra days and not actually lose anymore!

Thank you for your help.

It's my 4th day and I think I am after the worst now. Still losing weight so will stick to the attack as it does not make me sick anymore. I guess i just had a very bad reaction to it, as just the thought of protein was making me ill. Now it's all gone and I feel so much better. So glad I have decided to stick to it...:)

Yeah, I felt pretty much same...to the point I was actually thinking i would rather eat nothing at all for 7 days and lose weight this way then put up with this horrible feeling. I guess now I know how I may feel when i get pregnant one day lol not the best of feelings!! :) I generally find all the plain yoghurts disgusting so not even 0% Greek yoghurt helps... just looking forward to my veggie days and soups :)

7 days seems very long for attack, did you get that from the Dukan website? I suppose you must have done, as you know what weight you could expect to lose in attack. I'm no expert (only 4 weeks in to this diet myself) but would seriously recommend you shorten that to 5, given that you have already lost the weight, and get on to cruise asap, especially if you risk throwing in the towel altogether with pure protein.

Yes, I did get it from the website. I am fine now so it's not an issue. I just had this adverse reaction for the first 3 days but i am fine now and can finish those 7 days without any problem. And guess what!! I had half of the 0% fat greek yoghurt 500g pot yesterday! I found a way of making it taste nice just by adding sweetener so I am pleased with this :) The only thing that kind of worries me is the fact that i eat just about 1000 calories a day on this diet and I eat like 5-6 times a day already! but to be honest I would not be able to force myself to eat more and I am not hungry at all. Checked my weight today and lost nothing at all;/

Yes, I did get it from the website. I am fine now so it's not an issue. I just had this adverse reaction for the first 3 days but i am fine now and can finish those 7 days without any problem. And guess what!! I had half of the 0% fat greek yoghurt 500g pot yesterday! I found a way of making it taste nice just by adding sweetener so I am pleased with this :) The only thing that kind of worries me is the fact that i eat just about 1000 calories a day on this diet and I eat like 5-6 times a day already! but to be honest I would not be able to force myself to eat more and I am not hungry at all. Checked my weight today and lost nothing at all;/

You can also use the yogurt or fat free creme fraiche to make your protein more moist on PP days - a bit of finely chopped onion, curry powder & yoghurt added to chicken is nice for a change (add the yoghurt last so it doesn't split).

I think most of us felt like you did on attack - day 4 seems pretty standard to come out of the other side. I think the best think if you continue with Dukan is to forget about calories totally - part of the Dukan magic is not thinking about them and calculating all the time. He actively wants you to eat as much as you like from the food list and the more protein you eat the better so try not to get tied up on calories or amounts. Eating six times a day is fine if all the food is allowed. I will have days where I feel like I have never stopped eating from 7am - 10pm but still I lose weight because it is all good stuff!!! Other days I don't manage much at all but don't stress about that either! Our body tells us what we need - our mind tells us what we want!!!! LOL!

You can also use the yogurt or fat free creme fraiche to make your protein more moist on PP days - a bit of finely chopped onion, curry powder & yoghurt added to chicken is nice for a change (add the yoghurt last so it doesn't split).

Thanks for your tip but the problem is that i tried Dukan a year ago and i got so sick after eating yoghurt with mustard etc that i would not even go anywhere around sauces made from yoghurt/creme fraiche. The thought of it just makes me sick so not sure what alternative i can find...

I think most of us felt like you did on attack - day 4 seems pretty standard to come out of the other side. I think the best think if you continue with Dukan is to forget about calories totally - part of the Dukan magic is not thinking about them and calculating all the time. He actively wants you to eat as much as you like from the food list and the more protein you eat the better so try not to get tied up on calories or amounts. Eating six times a day is fine if all the food is allowed. I will have days where I feel like I have never stopped eating from 7am - 10pm but still I lose weight because it is all good stuff!!! Other days I don't manage much at all but don't stress about that either! Our body tells us what we need - our mind tells us what we want!!!! LOL!

I just read few posts were others were concerned about the amount of food some of the guys eat. That it is not enough, so just thought it could be same for me...that's all. Cannot really complain that i do not pig out anymore lol

Back