should you SS when you have a tummy bug ?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by pandora, 13 May 2007 Social URL.

1. pandora

pandora finding my way again !

Goal Weight:
    i returned to England on Friday night following a week in Egypt, feeling quite pleased that i didn't get "taba tummy", but today its grabbbed me with a vengance.
    the plan was to get back on the SS waggon tommorrow to rid the rest of the weight (+ the 9lbs gained on hols)
    should i do so with a funny tum or wait for it to settle ?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

I would be tempted to wait for it to settle hun, maybe 790 to 1000 with plenty of water to flush it out.

How was Taba, been a few years since I was there, I loved it x
  4. pandora

Goal Weight:
    it was fabulous, we'd go back in a blink, though they are building new hotels so it won't be as peaceful for long !!
  5. jane

jane Opinionated

I'd have thought it's all a matter of degree.
    If you're a bit grumbly down below,had a loose poo or 2 & are perhaps not up to big eating.
    Then to drink lots of water,have some high protein high vitamin & mineral shakes while avoiding heavy meals or alcohol would actually be a good thing to do for both the diet & your tum.

If on the other hand you're v distressed, unable to keep stuff down,suffering abdominal cramps,frequent dairrhoea & even have a tmperature,then the answer is no.Keep your self as well hydrated as possible,eat some plain food probably including carbohydrate as & when you feel able & don't try SSing until you're recovered.

That's just my're going to have to use your judgement & best of all ask your cdc.

hope it settles soon & you get back SSing before your resolve dries.
  6. pandora

Goal Weight:
    anyone else got any advice ?
  7. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie Anne-Marie

Drinking lots of water will help. I tend to stop solids if I have a tummy bug and just drink loads for a day or two. Really depends how bad it is and how it usually affects you!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.