*Shrinklies**The Everything August Challenge*

Jella, that's brilliant news about your course! Bet you're excited about it. You'll be fab! When does it start? Hopefully this is just the new direction you were looking for :)
xx

Thanks Thelma it'll start the end of september which is good gives me time to prepare! Sunshine your hair is lovely :) good luck with the rest of the week. Nice idea ffbt i've been putting it off have lots of clothes to go through far too lazy hehe

Afternoon Lovelies,
I really want to share this with you. I have just come home
after the funeral and feel really ashamed of myself. I sat and
listened to Kate's life. She became ill in 2002 with Crones
disease, married in 2003, her husband was killed in 2005,
and 6 weeks later her beloved dog was killed, 6 weeks after
that she had a stroke. In 2006 she moved to the West of
England. She bought a small house, a little dog as companion
and became a really valued member of community, joining
the WI and editing news letters etc, she became ill again in
May this year and when she was told her leg had to be
amputated she replied, at least I don’t have to paint my
nails anymore! She became ill again in July and never recovered,
ending up in intensive care on a life support machine. She died
ten days ago, 2 days after her 41st birthday!
In all that time she laughed, helped others, and never said she
couldn't do something. Wherever she now is someone will be
chairing a meeting with her uncontrollable laughter in the back row.

And I complain, because........................................... ......................
why?
I struggle to shed the weight, my car doesn't work, I don’t like my
job, I hate housework etc etc etc etc.
Well next time I think why me I'll take a 'Kate' pill and laugh.

Sorry to use you all as sounding board, but it just made me realise
how lucky I am and how lucky most of my friends and acquaintances
are.

Thats a really sad story merrie. Whata life your friend has had. Your so right... it really makes you think and be grateful for everything you have and can do. xx

Hi Guys
Been really busy today cant stay but all is ok. Ive had my shake for breakfast, drank water, had a black coffee and will have lunch around 4 to see if that helps. Ill explain more later guys and will catch up on all posts xxxxxxx

Afternoon Lovelies,
I really want to share this with you. I have just come home
after the funeral and feel really ashamed of myself. I sat and
listened to Kate's life. She became ill in 2002 with Crones
disease, married in 2003, her husband was killed in 2005,
and 6 weeks later her beloved dog was killed, 6 weeks after
that she had a stroke. In 2006 she moved to the West of
England. She bought a small house, a little dog as companion
and became a really valued member of community, joining
the WI and editing news letters etc, she became ill again in
May this year and when she was told her leg had to be
amputated she replied, at least I don’t have to paint my
nails anymore! She became ill again in July and never recovered,
ending up in intensive care on a life support machine. She died
ten days ago, 2 days after her 41st birthday!
In all that time she laughed, helped others, and never said she
couldn't do something. Wherever she now is someone will be
chairing a meeting with her uncontrollable laughter in the back row.

And I complain, because........................................... ......................
why?
I struggle to shed the weight, my car doesn't work, I don’t like my
job, I hate housework etc etc etc etc.
Well next time I think why me I'll take a 'Kate' pill and laugh.

Sorry to use you all as sounding board, but it just made me realise
how lucky I am and how lucky most of my friends and acquaintances
are.

What an inspiring woman your friend was - and still is! We should all aim and be so lucky to have half her strength and positivity.

Keep taking the Kate pills, Merri - they'll be working miracles for your CD journey.

xx

Glad you're doing ok, Dione :)

Catch up with you later
x

Merrie what a brave woman she was and we can all learn from that. I hope your ok...
Dione glad your on track good job! Thelma how u doing today? I'm good had some low carb supplies delivered that I bought online and it's making me happy happy happy....actually off to the gym soon and looking forward to it!

Merrie: So so sorry to hear about your friend, she sounds like a true inspirational woman. It just goes to show that sometimes we moan about the most trivia of things yet she had so much thrown at her and still had a smile on her face. She is definately a woman to be inspired by. Hope you are ok hun xxx

Sunshine: You look gorgeous as a brunetter hun it really does suit you xx Hope you and family are ok

Jella & FFBT: How are you both doing? Not spoke in a couple of days as we keep missing each other xxx

Thelma: Thank you sooo much for last night, what a grouch i am lol Im feeling alot better today

I had some fantastic news at work (about time) As you all know i was getting grief by a fellow manager who took it upon herself to cause me alot of hurt and upset. Near to the point where i was handing in my notice. Well the ops director found out and hit the roof (to say the least) Everyone involved was called into a meeting last week and was told changes were to be made. Today all managers had a meeting with the directors. After that i was told to stay behind. OMG i thought i was getting my p45. It turned out i got a promotion and a pay rise whoop whoop. The person who was 'the bully ' has lost her departments and now i am taking over them. It will mean a hell of alot more work but at least that will keep me busy and stop me from thinking about food.

My problem i have found is BOREDOM! When i am bored i think of food, then i am hungry then i pig out. Even though i lead a very hectic life my job was getting boring as there wasnt alot for me to do anymore. So by the time i got home from work i was bored and stressed and turned to food (especially when hubby is away) Now that i have this new exciting challenge i am hoping this will change. I am on annual leave next week and start my new position when i return. I will be taking over another 3 departments (so will have 4 in total) I wont have time to think of anything else. Anyway it has cheered me up immensly and i again feel on top of the world.

I havehad 3.5 litres of water today whoop whoop and have been a good girl. Lets hope i can keep it up!!....No i know i can keep it up :)

Hope everyone is ok, sorry i havent been on here today but i am sure you can imagine all i have had to deal with :) xxx

That's fab news about work, Dione! You must feel so much better about it all!

And well done for identifying the emotion behind the hunger - you'll feel so much more in control now.

Hope you manage to sleep tonight and don't stay awake with all the excitement!

xx

Thanks Thelma, just hope i do a good job xxx

I have just sat here and opened my heart on my blog and thought i would share it with my new friends xx

I am sitting here alone wonderig what life will now bring me. Hubby & I have been through so much over the past 5 years and we really have been tested. We have always come out the other side stronger and smiling. I am really hoping it will be the same again. It is so hard to try and bring up 2 young children when he works away and i hold a full time job, try to keep our relationship healthy and now i have set myself the biggest challenge ever to lose weight. I never make things easy for myself. I could have quite easily stayed in rented accomodation, been a house wife and cared for my kids. Yes money would have been tight but would we have been happier? Instead i chose to take the career path, money is still tight and i dont see alot of my kids. I was always the one who said i dont understand why women have children and then pay somebody else to bring them up! Yet that is what i am now doing?? I keep thinking of the future when we are debt free with a nice house and can go out on outings with the kids without having to check the bank 1st. The thing is will it be too late? Will i have already missed out on so much with my kids? Will they hate me for it when they are older? These are questions i simply do not have the answer to!

To my boys, I just want you to know that we are doing this for you so you can have a better life then mummy did when she was younger. I want you to have the things i couldnt have and when we are in that position where i can take time out from work i will spend all of my time loving, cherishing and having fun with you both. I love you both sooo much and hope 1 day you understand why i chose the path i did xx

Morning girls.

A big congratulations dione. Well done hun. So chuffed for you. Go prove yourself. xxx

Hope everyones doin well. Its our 4th wedding anniversary today and hubbys surprized me by taking the day off :). As i might have already told you all hes a doc n works mad hrs from 7am till 8pm and doesnt get home till after 8.30. Only gets sundays off so today is a bonus. We're gonna be out all day, so wont get a chance to come on here as much as i would like.

Just wanted to say stay positive n have a fab day.
xxx

FBBT have a great day, bet he likes the dress.
Dione, your boys wont hate you, a wise man once said to me, your do for you children what your parents couldn't /wouldn't do for you and your children do for their's what you couldn't do for them. That wise man was my dad, he worked hard all his life, we didn't see much of him as he was a hospital matron, but both my brother and I truly appreciate what our parents did for us. We can't do for our children as neither of us have any, but if we had we would have continued with his mantra.
In your heart you know you are doing the best for them and for you and your husband. Stay strong, make the most of every minute with them. They will thanks you for it in years to come. hugs

Morning girls.

A big congratulations dione. Well done hun. So chuffed for you. Go prove yourself. xxx

Hope everyones doin well. Its our 4th wedding anniversary today and hubbys surprized me by taking the day off :). As i might have already told you all hes a doc n works mad hrs from 7am till 8pm and doesnt get home till after 8.30. Only gets sundays off so today is a bonus. We're gonna be out all day, so wont get a chance to come on here as much as i would like.

Just wanted to say stay positive n have a fab day.
xxx

Have a lovely day with your hubby, FFBT - you deserve it! And I'm so so happy that the dress fit! I'll be expecting to see a pic!!!

Gonna get DJ Thez to play a tune for you :)

Enjoy!
xxx

Love is in the Air

Afternoon Shrinklies,

Well, today's tune is especially dedicated to FFBT and her hubby -

Happy 4th Wedding Anniversary!

But, the words are equally applicable to the rest of us. We should be amazed by ourselves, our determination and our love for ourselves that we have chosen to come on and stick to this CD journey, no matter how bumpy a ride it can be at times.

Feel the love, Shrinks!

DJ Thez xx

Amazed
Lonestar

Well done shanny you'll be on track properly in no time!
Ffbt happy wedding anniversary mine isn't far away either. I did some shopping this evening spent a lot but got some nice tops and t-shirts and I managed to stay in track watching hubby eat rubbish while i had coffee hehe

Morning all,

Sorry wasnt around yesterday, had a really busy day at work and also hubby was back from Scotland so spent some time together. Last day at work and then i am off for a week yipppeeeeeeee!!! It will be lovely to spend some quality time with hubby and kids. We have so much planned i will probably need and extra week to get over it hee hee.

I went on an 810 plan yesterday and i am thinking of going up to this plan on a permanat basis. I felt really dizzy and sick over the past few days so rather then fall off of the wagon and cheat maybe its worth me going up to 810 so i stick to it. What do you think?

Ill jump on again @ lunch xxx

FFBT Happy anniversary hun xxx

Minnie: Thanks for your advice, it is so hard but you make complete sense xx

Back