Sian's 2015 restart - time to shift the weight once and for all!

Hey lady! I think I'm just about back in the swing of things...definitely by monday I reckon :) It's been a huge shock to the system actually having to teach first of all, and teach full days at that :eek: I have two free lessons first thing back in the morning though, bliss! :D What job do you do hun? I've noticed you saying you were back in work this week...do you work in a school?

I can't be bothered to update my food diary...it was pretty much the same as yesterday, minus the caramel egg! I've totalled up my syns and they come to 103, so I might just treat myself to another ginger nut considering as how I must have sweated off at least a pound at kettlebells tonight. Having not been for 7 weeks it was a complete killer. God help my legs tomorrow, lol!

I'm a sort of nanny, but to 2 older children in school. I pick them up everyday apart from a Friday, I also walk their gorgeous dog every day, do some housework/ironing etc. I love it :) and it's term time only as their mum is a teacher :) I've worked with children for about 18 years.....nurseries, after school clubs, community care at the hospital, Pre-school manager etc. oh and a childminder lol.
Only 3hrs to work tomorrow, so nice long walk with our dog planned for first thing.
I can't be bothered entering my food into my diary half the time too!! Lol.

I'm a sort of nanny, but to 2 older children in school. I pick them up everyday apart from a Friday, I also walk their gorgeous dog every day, do some housework/ironing etc. I love it :) and it's term time only as their mum is a teacher :) I've worked with children for about 18 years.....nurseries, after school clubs, community care at the hospital, Pre-school manager etc. oh and a childminder lol.
Only 3hrs to work tomorrow, so nice long walk with our dog planned for first thing.
I can't be bothered entering my food into my diary half the time too!! Lol.

Sounds like the perfect job - you get to have the school holidays without teaching some of the horrors we have in the classrooms, lol! :D I'm glad it's the end of the first week, although I ended it with 10 Set 3 (of 3) which was a bit of a write-off really! Oh well, never mind! :)

Friday 7th September (EE)

Afternoon all! Well I'm pleased to report I lost 3lb this week! :bliss: Woooooooooooo!! So that's 9lb in 6 weeks, which fits with my target of 1.5lb a week. Considering two of those weeks involved the hen do and wedding I don't think that's too bad :) I'm finally feeling more in control, and I'm making the healthy choices that I know work on this plan. I just have to keep telling myself that tomorrow night so that I don't drink too much, although I have swapped lager for vodka, so there's far less syns.

Anyway, today's food diary is as follows:

Breakfast:

Banana
Apple

Lunch:

Chinese-style chicken and sweetcorn soup

Supper:

Ainsley Harriott sundried tomato and garlic cous cous - 3.5 syns
Prawns
Side salad
Kraft light Thousand Island dressing -
1.5 syns

Snacks:

2 x aldi benefit cereal bars (HexB)
Greek muller light - 1/2 syn

Today's syns: 5.5

Total syns: 5.5/105

Last edited:
dudette2001uk said:
Friday 7th September (EE)

Afternoon all! Well I'm pleased to report I lost 3lb this week! :bliss: Woooooooooooo!! So that's 9lb in 6 weeks, which fits with my target of 1.5lb a week. Considering two of those weeks involved the hen do and wedding I don't think that's too bad :) I'm finally feeling more in control, and I'm making the healthy choices that I know work on this plan. I just have to keep telling myself that tomorrow night so that I don't drink too much, although I have swapped lager for vodka, so there's far less syns.

Breakfast:

Banana
Apple

Lunch:

Chinese-style chicken and sweetcorn soup

Supper:

Ainsley Harriott sundried tomato and garlic cous cous - 3.5 syns
Prawns
Side salad
Kraft light Thousand Island dressing - 1.5 syns

Snacks:

Today's syns: 5

Total syns: 5/105

Fab well done on the great loss !!!!

Saturday 8th September(EE)

Afternoon all! Well it's been a busy morning so far...I woke up at the ungodly hour of 7.30 this morning :cry: so I've washed and dried 2 loads of washing, with a third in the machine, and I've done my shopping. I had a bargain in Morrisons - shoulder of pork for £1.50 a kg, so I had an 8lb piece of pork for £5.60!! I've cut it into two pieces, which will do loads of meals for me at a later date. It does help that pork is my favourite meat! :D:D

Breakfast:

Banana
Greek muller light yoghurt -
1/2 syn

Lunch:

Prawn and mushroom omelette topped with 3 x babybel light (HexA)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
EL spread -
2 syns
Reduced sugar tomato ketchup - 1 syn

Supper:

Chicken, chorizo and prawn paella -
13.5 syn (going to count the total syns now as I'm not sure how many portions it will make)

Snacks:

2 aldi cereal bars -
7 syns

Today's syns: 24

Total syns: 29.5/105

Last edited:
Sunday 9th September (EE)

Oh dear...well last night was an epic fail in terms of the diet! :( I managed to have 82 syns worth of alcohol - that's ridiculous! :eek: I was doing so well until about 12.30 as I'd only had 25 syns, but then James asked if I wanted to go to Paddles (nightclub) with him which was the beginning of the end really. 3 bottles of Smirnoff Ice and 6 shots of Apple Sourz on top of what I'd already drank = bad bad bad!!! Aaarggghhhh!!! Why oh why do I have so little self control?!?! :cry:

Well, all I can do now is to try to limit the damage...my total syns are at 111.5 as I've already counted the syns for the paella, so if I can try to go a whole week almost syn free then it may not be too bad by Friday :(

Breakfast:

None as I fell back asleep and didn't wake until 12.30!

Lunch:

Banana

Supper:

Chicken, chorizo and prawn paella - (
syns already counted)

Snacks:

Today's syns: 0

Total syns: 111.5/105

Last edited:
Sunday 9th September (EE)

Oh dear...well last night was an epic fail in terms of the diet! :( I managed to have 82 syns worth of alcohol - that's ridiculous! :eek: I was doing so well until about 12.30 as I'd only had 25 syns, but then James asked if I wanted to go to Paddles (nightclub) with him which was the beginning of the end really. 3 bottles of Smirnoff Ice and 6 shots of Apple Sourz on top of what I'd already drank = bad bad bad!!! Aaarggghhhh!!! Why oh why do I have so little self control?!?! :cry:

Well, all I can do now is to try to limit the damage...my total syns are at 111.5 as I've already counted the syns for the paella, so if I can try to go a whole week almost syn free then it may not be too bad by Friday :(

Breakfast:

None as I fell back asleep and didn't wake until 12.30!

Lunch:

Banana
Greek muller light yoghurt -
1/2 syn

Supper:

Chicken, chorizo and prawn paella - (
syns already counted)

Snacks:

Today's syns: 0.5

Total syns: 112/105

but did you do loads of dancing???

but did you do loads of dancing???

Well I danced pretty much solidly for 2 hours...so I guess that's some body magic to cancel out some of those syns.

How on earth I managed to dance for 2 hours in these shoes is beyond me though, lol!

$(KGrHqJ,!q!F!Iq0LzdkBQL-v-wGCg~~60_12.JPG

Hey :)

I've been having a nosey at you diary, you're doing great! Really given me some inspiration for my diet, first day today! Going to keep a diary of my own which will hopefully keep me on track!

Thanks hun! A diary is definitely a fab way of staying on track - it makes you face up to your highs and lows in terms of staying on the plan, and hopefully is a way of getitng the support when you most need it! I shall me moseying off to the diary section to look for your food diary!

Good luck with it chick! :D xx

Monday 10th September (EE)

Today's food diary is as follows:

Breakfast:

Banana
2 nectarines
Clementine

Lunch:

Chicken chorizo and prawn paella

Supper:

Ham and fried egg roll - HexB +
2 syns