Sia's going solo- any feedback encouraged :) (with pics)

Weekends aren't too different for me at the moment- i am only studying 2 days a week & my OH is studying too so not too much temptation. When i start uni in sept it will be different though, but no different to working full time, hopefully a bit better.

I am studying Art & Design & this is the first half of my final project- i am currently researching how different practitioners work with the theme of memory, so i am doing loads of research in my sketchbook while trying to make it look visually interesting.

Oh my goodness,fair play to you doing art and design, I know even at school when people did it for gcse it was really intense and time consuming.

How have you gotten on today since lunchtime?

I have edited my diary from earlier. I have had a bad day- 20syns+ :mad:

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1368992302.081786.jpg tonights dinner

Looks so amazing! Did you miss having a bap with that or was it enough without it? I might have to try that one!

Was your magnum and Turkish delight worth it at least? Always rubbish to use syns and then not enjoy whatever it was :-(

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1369259060.193540.jpg best dinner i have had in forever & totally syn free! I cant recommend it enough!

Today i ate:

Black coffee
Apple
Black coffee
Smoked salmon & melba toast
Nas squash
SW Teriyaki salmon & vegetable stir-fry

OK, so first week going solo, i struggled for two days while i was out of the house...... however i lost 5 3/4 lbs!!! :party0049:

I am now going to see my Mum, Dad & Nan for 3 days & when i am back on Saturday evening i am going to meet my friend in London, then Sunday i am working (ON A CAKE STALL) in a farmers market & after that i am going to a picnic for my friends daughters 1st birthday so.......... Fingers cross i can keep it together!!! xxx

Good for you! Mpravo!

Woohoo!! Congrats, you did so well!

When you get a chance could you post the teriyaki recipe?? I had teriyaki the other night but had to syn the sauce and cos of this I didn't use too much so it wasn't very strong tasting :-(

Have a lovely weekend and good luck with the cake stall-I wouldn't be able to cope!

Thanks guys!!!

Yesterday i ate:

Banana
2x alpen light bars hexb
Black coffee
Hot smoked mackerel salad with balsamic
Black coffee
SW chicken tikka w SW Coconut rice: 1syn
Total syns:1
Exercise:none

Feeling positive about today.

Ok- just remembered i had a glass of wine & half a shop bought naan with my dinner last night. No idea how many syns, i guess 6 for wine & 8 for naan???

I've been really bad keeping this updated & tracking my food & doing exercise, however I've weighed in today (3/4 lb off lol) so a fresh starts all around....

I had a lovely meal yesterday- i wish i had taken a picture of it, it was SW pulled pork with apple coleslaw & spicy sweet potato wedges- OH loved it, as did i- I'll be cooking that one again! Last week I also made SW crab linguine & SW chicken tikka & coconut rice.

My menu plan for the following week:
Thursday: SW Chicken & prawn giant cous cous
Friday: Weight watchers recipe gumbo
Saturday SW Ham & potato hash
Sunday: Roast Chicken
Monday SW Teriyaki salmon
Tuesday: SW Sausage & tomato pasta
Wednesday: Quinoa stuffed chicken breasts

Last edited:
yesterday i ate:
SW swiss bircher muesli hexb
tea w skimmed milk 0.5syns
Open sushi
30g reduced fat cheese hexa
coconut chocolate options w milk 2.5syns
cheesy ham & potato hash 8syns (yuck)
exercise: none
Total syns 11

today i have eaten the following:

SW Swiss bircher muesli hexb
tea w skimmed milk
Sushi salad
black tea with a drop of vanilla essence
Weight Watchers Gumbo with Quinoa (should have used less chorizo- i put the whole pack in without thinking how many syns it would be) 8.5syns
NAS squash

exercise: none
total syns: 8.5

still should use my hexa choice but not sure what to use it on?

The crab linguine and chicken tikka with coconut rice sounds amazing! Are those recipes online?

Also, I saw quinoa in asda and wanted to try it but I'm a bit scared as I don't really know what I'm doing with it lol

Just reading through you're diary and getting really inspired by the different dinner recipes. I'm definitely going to have to try the Teriyaki Salmon. Good luck with it all.

Back