Cruise PV Sibbi's Dukan Diary

...what's spicy taco mince?

Its basically low fat beef mince dry fried with spices (I will pull out the details tomorrow and will post) then simmered in stock, with some tomato puree (optional, I leave it out on PP days). Really tasty, and can be eaten with lettuce and tomatoes on PV days, and with corn tortillas, grated cheese etc for anyone not on Dukan.

Day 29

Well I failed miserably yesterday ... perfect PP day yesterday until about 8.30 when my husband got back late from work, he fancied a takeaway and I joined in- will not write down what I ate but suffice to say I am 9 1 this morning and I know I deserve it.

I am cheating much more than last time, and I think I am under control but finally the planned cheats just don't work exactly as planned and it is sooooooo hard to get back to the Dukan rhythm. On top of that I compensate for planned cheats (not always healthy balanced meals) with extra PP days- which cant be good for me. At least I have no more planned cheats between now and the middle of December; time for a fresh start- won't do attack again, but need to get into the mindset of following the rules, no cheating!

I've lost the plot a bit, 2 weeks more or less off and I am finding it really hard to get back to it .... also up a pound- well deserved I know but not good for my motivation- struggling to get back to it ...

Lost track of the days .... Off plan all weekend but back yesterday. Weighed in at 9st yesterday morning- no loss, but no gain either- so not too bad considering. No more parties or planned treats between now and mid December. Determined to get back on track and get at least 3lbs off before then.

Good for you Sibbi and I totally agree about those repeated PP days to compensate not being good for you. Perhaps try going back to basics, writing down your daily menus in advance for a week, and stick rigidly to what you've written down. I know that we all tend to write down afterwards once we're in the swing, but planning in advance is often a good way to get back into "control". Once back in the zone, it'll be easy to continue. Frankly your gains have been tiny but I can well imagine the effort you must be putting in to keep them so small once the eating habits have been broken.

Good luck x

Another one starting back today- determined to stick to the rules this time- no cheating! I am up 2 lbs since I was last on here, which is not bad considering the last few weeks of madness.

Take 3!!!!!!

Can't believe how quickly time passes .... It's been more than a year since I've been on this forum. I've not lost any weight in that time but have not gained any either. I am ok maintaining (no special plan just general effort to make healthy choices) but I struggle to lose. The only diet that has worked for me is Dukan. So back for one more go starting tomorrow. Will weigh tomorrow morning and post my official start weight but guessing it is around 9 stone. Want to loose at least 10 lbs. 2 days of attack then on to cruise. Planning to PV Saturday and Sunday and do 3-4 PP mid week. Going on holiday 14th June so will move to conso then at the latest but perhaps a week or 2 earlier depending on how I am going. Hoping for at least 4 lbs the first week and after the 1 - 2 a week.

Plan for tomorrow:
Breakfast: 2 eggs
Lunch: Turkey dry fried with Italian herbs
Dinner: Steak dry fried with Chinese 5 spice
Snack: Dukan muffin (oat bran allowance) and total zero yogurt.

Strangely looking forward to it (she says as she sips a glass of delicious red wine ....)

3rd May- Day 1- Attack
Starting weight - 124.6 lbs / 8 12.6

Start weight 1.4 lbs lower that I expected (yay!) but will still stick to my 10 lb / 6 week plan before moving to conso.
Food today exactly as planned
Drinks= 2 x coffee with skimmed milk, 1 black coffee, 2 ltrs water, 1 mug herbal tea
Was manically busy at work so not difficult at all to stay on track
Exhausted now (but think it is more to do with a bad nights sleep last night than Dukan) so taking myself off to bed

Plan for tomorrow- day 2 attack:
B - turkey dry fried in italian herbs
L - chicken (left over from Monday roast)
D - Dukan galette (oat bran allowance) with scrambled or fried egg
S- total zero

Last edited:
4th May Day 2 Attack
Weight 123.4 lbs (-1.2lb)

Food today exactly as planned except that there was more chicken that I thought and so now not really hungry. I will have the galette but without the extra egg.
Drinks= 2 x coffee with skimmed milk, 2 black coffee, 2.5 ltrs water, 1 mug herbal tea
Busy again today. Easy to follow plan. Not particularly hungry and no strange rumblings or cravings. Tomorrow and Friday will be more difficult as I am away from home. I will prepare food to bring with me but not sure I will have access to a fridge so might have to revise along the way ....

Plan for tomorrow- day 3- PV :
B - omelette with mushroom and onion
L - Turkey dry fried with herbs de provence with cherry tomatoes
D - Dukan galette (oat bran allowance)
S- more omelette

Last edited:
Good luck Sibbi on your new start and that was a nice surprise to be lighter than you thought you were.

5th May- Day 3 PV
Weight 123.0lbs (-0.4)

Food exactly as planned except that my snack was replaced by a glass of red wine! At least it was just one!!
Drinks= 2 x coffee with skimmed milk, 2.5 ltrs water, 1 glass of red wine.

Plan for tomorrow:
B - Turkey dry fried with herbs de Provence
L - omlette with mushroom and onion (I know it's supposed to be a PP but left over from yesterday and I don't like waste)
D - Steak
S - Dukan muffin(oat bran allowance)

Last edited:
6th May- Day 4 PP
Away from home so no weigh in, probably just as well as it is totm and I had that sneaky glass of wine last night.

Changed dinned to salmon filet with Cajun rub, otherwise food as planned.
Drinks = 3 coffees with skimmed milk, 2 ltr water

Tomorrow is going to be my first big challenge as I am out for dinner. Have already looked at the restaurant menu and made fairly good choices but have also decided that I will have a planned cheat and allow myself 2 small glasses of wine (not Dukan perfect, but better that feeling deprived leading to a binge). I am also sure I will get up much later than weekdays so will not fit in 3 meals so the plan is:

Brunch: Dukan pancake with herbs, served with scrambled eggs
Dinner: grilled pork with Thai dipping sauce followed by turbot with green beans + 2 small glasses of white wine

Last edited:
7th May- Day 5 PV
Weight 122.6 lbs (-0.4)

Food was not entirely Dukan but not dreadful. The menu was different from what I had checked on the restaurant web site but still I made reasonable choices. Scallops followed by sea bass. But then I had cheese (shared) and way more that my planned 2 glasses of wine .... not good but could have been much worse.

Plan for 6- PV:
Brunch - Scrambled egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
Dinner - BBQ I have a huge steak and will have a big green salad without dressing
S - Dukan muffin or Dukan pancake (oat bran allowance)
+ lots of water ....

Last edited:
8th May - Day 6 PV
Weight 123 lbs (+0.4)

Veered off plan again today. Brunch as planned, dinner as planned until I added 2 pieces of chicken from the BBQ (without the skin, but not sure what was in the marinade) and 4 oat cakes with cheese (cheddar and boursin) and 3 glasses of red wine!
Tomorrow I am aiming for a clean PP day and hopefully will still show a loss at the end of week 1- fingers crossed for 2.5 lbs (rather than the 4 I was originally planning for).

Plan for tomorrow- PP:
B - 2 eggs
L - turkey dry fried with Italian herbs
D - Steak dry fried with chinese 5 spices
S - Dukan muffin + total zero yogurt
+ lots of water ....

Last edited:
9th May - Day 7 PP
Weight 123.8 lbs (+0.8)

Deserved the increase, still frustrating though!

Today has been a perfect PP day. Only concern is that I am maybe not eating enough. I was not able to eat all my lunch time turkey so finished it up late afternoon. Tonight I am having my Dukan muffin with a cup of tea but no way I can manage steak and yogurt as well.

Tomorrow will be my official weigh in for the week and I am hoping I will show a 2lb loss, down from my starting weight of 124.6 - which will be a bit disappointing given how well I started, but still good considering my cheats.

I am aiming for another clean PP day tomorrow and again on Thursday and then back to PV (no cheats!) for the weekend. I am away for the next few days so after tomorrow next weigh in will be Friday. No real social occasions though so should not be too much temptation.

Plan for tomorrow- PP:
B - turkey dry fried with Italian herbs
L - 2 eggs
D - sliced roast beef
S - Dukan muffin + total zero yogurt
+ lots of water ....

Last edited:
10th May - Day 8 PP
Weight 123.4 lbs (-0.4)

Down only 1.2 since start. Not what I had been hoping for at the start of the week. But about right given the cheats. Another 'clean' PP day, so feeling quite positive about the next week. Ambitiously targeting 3lbs this week, which will be tough but should be possible if I stick rigidly to plan. Think I will do PV tomorrow- need some veg after 2 PP

Plan for tomorrow- PV:
B - omelette with veg
L - 2 eggs + Dukan muffin (I will be out, and this is easy to transport, may change if there are Dukan friendly lunch options available)
D - Steak with roasted tomatoes and spinach

Last edited:
11th May Day 9 Pv
No WI

Did not stick to my menu, but generally stuck to plan. For lunch I had a fish salad- smoked salmon and crayfish with green salad and tomatoes. There was a tiny bit of dressing on the salad but based on how it looked and tasted I think it was a balsamic vinaigrette, with not much oil at all. Dinner was grilled salmon with asparagus and spinach.

Tomorrow aim is to be mainly PP but I will be having dinner with colleagues and don't want my diet to be a conversation topic so will adapt to try to not make it one. Rough plan:
B - omelette
L - 2 eggs + Dukan muffin (i am over doing the eggs- need to be more creative)
D - Steak with roasted tomatoes and spinach (yesterday's plan recycled, but might need to adapt it)

Last edited:
Back