Cruise PV Sibbi's Dukan Diary

Sibbi

2nd time on Dukan, 1st diary. I lost 2 stone on Dukan 3 years ago (start weight 10 5, DrD recommended weight 8 5). I maintained my ideal weight (and even dropped below at times) for over a year, but over the past two years I have gradually been gaining. I seem to maintain without too much effort when I am in a food routine, but when I fall outside of my usual routine (holidays, Christmas etc) I gain a few pounds that I don't manage to loose again. 2 Christmas holidays, and 2 or 3 other holidays later, I weighed in at 9 6 this morning. I have now regained more than half of what I lost, and this is the heaviest I have been since my pre- Dukan days, most of my clothes don't fit (I had a big clear out once I reached my ideal weight) and I am scared that my increase seems to be accelerating. Time to get it back under control! My aim is to be back to 8 5 before Christmas.

Day 1- 9st 6lbs

B- dukan muffin, vanilla yogurt
Lunch- 2 chicken breasts
Dinner- 2 boiled eggs, dukan muffin
Drinks- 4 coffees with skimmed milk, 2ltr water, 2 mint tea

1st day has not been as difficult as I expected .....

Last edited:
Hi Sibbi,

Glad your first day went well...as you know it's tough at the beginning but does get easier....good luck with your Christmas goal :)

Day 2- 9st 3lbs

B-
Lunch- Steak, dry fried with Chinese 5 spice
Dinner- 2 chicken breasts
Drinks- 4 coffees with skimmed milk, 2ltr water, 1 mint tea

chuffed to show a 3 lbs drop on the scales this morning though I am not convinced my scales are accurate (new, but really cheap set) .....

Day 2- 9st 3lbs

B-
Lunch- Steak, dry fried with Chinese 5 spice
Dinner- 2 chicken breasts
Drinks- 4 coffees with skimmed milk, 2ltr water, 1 mint tea

chuffed to show a 3 lbs drop on the scales this morning though I am not convinced my scales are accurate (new, but really cheap set) .....

it probably is accurate....I lost 3lbs on my first day!!! Amazing but true :) well done....mint tea sounds yum!! Xx

Day 3- 9st 2lbs

B- 2 Dukan muffins
Lunch- Turkey Breast
Dinner- Chicken Wings

Drinks- 4 coffees with skimmed milk, at least 2ltr water

Still on week 1, and I broke one of the biggest Dukan rules- failed to plan: out for drinks after work, managed to avoid the drinks and stick to water but I had to eat something and chicken wings, while not a good option, was the least bad .... I was planning to start cruise today, but may put it off by one day to compensate.

Day 4- 9st 3lbs

B- 2 Dukan muffins
Lunch- Tuna + salad
Snack- 2 hard boiled eggs
Dinner- Steak + salad

Drinks- 1 tea with skimmed milk, 1 coffee with skimmed milk, 1ltr water, 1 diet coke, 2 mint 2

Not too concerned about the gain, was expected and I know what I need to do to avoid it happening again.
Decided I needed some veg so have moved on to cruise, might to an extra pp during the week next week to compensate

Day 5- 9st 3lbs

B- Dukan muffin + vanilla yogurt
Lunch- chicken with Cajun spices
Snack- 2 Slices of ham, dukan muffin
Dinner- chicken and ratatouille

Drinks- 4 coffee with skimmed milk, 2ltr water

Today should have been a pp day but it's tougher at the weekend- has anyone had success with a modified rhythm: pp breakfast and lunch, pp dinner? I might see how that works for weekends and follow the regular 1 PP / 1 PV Monday to Friday.

Day 6- 9st 2 3/4lbs

B- Dukan galette with dry fried egg
Lunch- chicken with Cajun spices
Dinner- roast chicken with roast bns & parsnip, kale

Drinks- 4 coffee with skimmed milk, 3 ltr water

Glad to see a drop finally this morning even if tiny

Day 7- 9st 2 lbs

B- Dukan galette with dry fried egg
Lunch- Turkey slices
Dinner- roast beef with roast bns & parsnip

Drinks- 3 coffee with skimmed milk, 3 ltr water

Day 8- 9st 2 lbs
PP

B- Dukan muffin with plain yogurt
Lunch- Chicken with herbs
Dinner- More chicken + roast beef slices (left over from yesterday)
Snack- Dukan muffin

Drinks- 3 coffee with skimmed milk, 2 ltr water (will have more water later and maybe a hearbal tea)

1st week over. Its been
harder that I remembered but other than the chicken wings slip up I have more of less followed plan. 4 lbs down- I would have been happy with that except that I was already there after 2 days and for the rest of the week I just flickered up and down. Anyhow on to a new week and so far this one has started well .....

Hi Sibbi,
You obviously know your way around the Dukan diet! I know exactly what you mean re having to plan things out in advance to avoid potential disaster. You did well though! I used to favour the 4PP (Mon to Thurs), 3PV (Fri to Mon) rhythm with weigh ins on Friday morning. You might find that easier. I love to have a Sunday roast and this always made it easier!
Given that you have so little to lose, your first week's loss is great!
x

Thanks Maintainer.

I know I should be pleased with the loss- but still frustrated because it was definitely faster last time (though I did have more to lose) and because I saw that 4 lb loss already after 2 days attack. I am consoling myself that this is somehow my body adjusting to those 4lbs gone (forever). Managed another PP day today so that will help.

Agree with you on Sunday roast- my favourite meal of the week, and easy to fit with Dukan PV.

Day 9- 9st 2 lbs (again)
PP

Lunch- Home made meat balls
Dinner- Grilled salmon
Snack- Dukan muffin

Drinks- 2 coffee with skimmed milk + 1 black (out, and they didn't have skimmed milk so I did without), 2 ltr water

Day 9- 9st 1 1/2 lbs (only 1/2 a lb off, but soooo happy to move on from 9 2)
PP

Lunch- Chicken with Cajun Spices
Dinner- Roast beef slices
Snack- Dukan muffin, pot total zero and a few meat balls (supposed to be my lunch for tomorrow, couldn't resist eating a few)

Drinks- way too much coffee and probably not enough water

Day 11- 9st 1 lbs
PP until evening, then ....

B- yogurt
Lunch- meatballs
Dinner- breaded chicken, asparagus and parma ham, breadsticks and hummus (not huge quantities of food, but not dukan friendly)

Drinks- 3 coffees, 2lt water and about 3 glasses of wine

Was at a party- I planned to eat at home first and then not drink there, but failed miserably. Thinking I might have to avoid all social occasion for the next few weeks .... I don't seem to have the will power to stick to plan.

Last edited:
Day 12- 9st 1 lbs
PV

B- none (didn't get out of bed until after mid-day)
Lunch- dukan muffin with some roast beef slices
Dinner- roast chicken, broccoli, bns & parsnip chips

Drinks- 2 coffees, 1 tea, 2lt water

I had read about the dreaded dukan hangover, but this was the first time I have experienced it- barely managed to get out of bed this afternoon, and back already for an early night. I will not do this again. On the positive side no dramatic negative impact on the scales this morning.

Last edited:
Day 13- 9st 0 lbs
PV

B- Dukan muffin and low fat yogurt
Lunch- roast beef slices (had it left over in the fridge- must get more inventive or I am going to get bored very quickly)
Dinner- roast chicken, salad

Drinks- 3 coffees, 2lt water

Last edited:
Hi Sibbi,

catching up up with diaries...your doing great...do you weigh every day? Glad your wine didn't kill your weigh loss :) fab news..xxx

Hi Andi,
Thanks for visiting!
Yes, I weigh every day- well actually a few times a day, but I only record the 1st weight in the morning.
I will only do this for cruise- which if I manage to stick closely to plan, should only be 8 weeks. After that I will try to move to once a week.

Back