Sick of being told it's not healthy...

I'm getting sick of being lectured about this diet!! I try to explain the science of it but people just don't understand. It annoys me, but I end up just letting them carry on!

I get told that I don't need to be on a diet either, sure it's ok for them to look at me and think that but they don't have an insight into my mind and how I feel about myself. They don't know my motives for wanting to lose this final bit of weight either!

I wish they'd just feck of and keep their opinions to themselves!!!

Rant over!! :p

I'm getting sick of being lectured about this diet!! I try to explain the science of it but people just don't understand. It annoys me, but I end up just letting them carry on!

I get told that I don't need to be on a diet either, sure it's ok for them to look at me and think that but they don't have an insight into my mind and how I feel about myself. They don't know my motives for wanting to lose this final bit of weight either!

I wish they'd just feck of and keep their opinions to themselves!!!

Rant over!! :p

I completely agree. You know you're doing what's best for you, keep going and ignore the doubters!

I Agree, I find it so frustrating, people seem to look down on it as if your being silly doing it in this way.... If I had the patience and self discipline to controll my relationship with food I'd certainly be doing that!

Yes, you get a lot of "be careful" "why don't you eat something" "why don't you do weight watchers instead" I'm sure these people just prefer us to be fat!

I know how you feel! Most people say it's silly and I'm just going to put it back on a day after I finish? (4 stone - really?) I've maintained 12 stone well enough for the past year with not too much fluctuation, pretty sure I can maintain 8-9!!!
chin up! This is why I tend not to tell people hehe x

I think you have hit the nail on the head NewMummy, some people get worried by a change and usually doing something like this changes a person, and their whole mind set, some 'friends' can be unnerved by it, and I think without meaning to/subconsciously actually try to stop it from happening.

its nobody elses business but your own x looks like you are nearly at goal so you wont have them on your back for much longer anyway

I know I should be at my goal in the next few weeks! yay!! It just annoys me that people judge your decisions. Grr!!
I'm having a similar reaction from people when I tell them that when I get pregnant (currently TTC) that I want a home water birth. I get all kinds of reactions!! I understand the risks, and if I was to be high risk I wouldn't do it but if everything goes the way I planned i'm doing it no matter what!!
I'm happy to get suggestions or discuss my decisions but not to be lectured and told i'm wrong! Grr.

Oh well, people will never change will they! :eek: xx

I tell people that I'm on a medically supervised diet. Takes all the wind out of their sails. They can't argue with that one :)

You've got to do what's best for you birth wise too!! x x

Back