Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

oh gosh lily thats exactly what mike does if i send him shopping alone :eek::8855::8855::8855::8855:

absolutly no imagination or inititive :eek::sigh: Drives me mad have to write a detailed list with alternatives for him and then he still phones me while walking round to "discuss" what i mean .

i love writing and anything else you can think of on the bottom of the list just to stress him out :eek::8855::8855::8855::8855:

OMG That is Mal to a tee...I too write a detailed list, exact name, size consistency of product etc and still he rings me about 30 times, and i list alternatives, I've even taken to showing him what I want or the alternatives from the online store but still I get phone call after phone call...it drives me nuts.
Do you think it's the mentality of men associated with buses or just men in general, surely they can't all be that dense ? :8855:
Like the idea of adding extra info to confuse him, but I'm sure I'd get an extra 30 calls or more, then he says I don't know why I am spending so much money topping up my mobile :d'oh: really???? :8855:xxx

Love it .... Sending Men shopping never a good thing...but to be fair Lily at least Mal phones to check :giggle:
I asked Steve for Smoked salmon last week and he came back with a tin of Sardines ( and the bloody things were packed in Oil as well ) when asked WHY?
The numpty replied...they didn't have any Salmon ( they did it mean't he couldn't be arsed to look ) so I got sardines cos its Fish aint it ......ARGH WTF...

:8855: Mal grovelling love it :8855: milk it Lily monday at least sounds good :8855:

Well done to Kirsty for making the right decision

Loving your positives huni :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks sweetie, but which Monday are we talking about? I reckon I'll just stick a pin in a 5 year calendar and the ones that closest to the pin will be it :8855: :8855: :8855: xxx

Love it .... Sending Men shopping never a good thing...but to be fair Lily at least Mal phones to check :giggle:
I asked Steve for Smoked salmon last week and he came back with a tin of Sardines ( and the bloody things were packed in Oil as well ) when asked WHY?
The numpty replied...they didn't have any Salmon ( they did it mean't he couldn't be arsed to look ) so I got sardines cos its Fish aint it ......ARGH WTF...

:8855: :8855: :8855: Mal wouldn't dare do what Steve did, he'd look and look and look until he was 1000% sure they didn't have any and he'd ring me endlessly to update me on his progress :8855: :8855: :argh: xxx

Ps Men in general nothing to do with Buses ;)

oh so no chance of changing him for a less annoying younger model then:giggle: xxx

**Update**
Mal has returned from Sainsbury's and is now doing my lunch :giggle: and even though he rang me at least 30 times and we had a full blown discussion about every single item he bought and I cleared it that he could buy that item :argh: he has just walked in the door, got everything out on the table in front of me to check he got everything right...**:argh: runs screaming before she does something she regrets** :giggle: xxx

Last edited:
Hey Lily:) cracking loss well done:D I'm still trying to get rid of my xmas gain;) nearly there now!!! Then get back to shifting them pounds.Loving the positives you do on your diary.Have a great day xxx

Hey Lily:) cracking loss well done:D I'm still trying to get rid of my xmas gain;) nearly there now!!! Then get back to shifting them pounds.Loving the positives you do on your diary.Have a great day xxx

Thanks hun, am hoping for another biggish one this week, need to lose 3lbs this week minimum to get back to pre-christmas weight...so I am in with all guns blazing.
Just waiting on neihgbours son to return from shopping to do another 2 hour workout, that'll be 3 hours 30 mins today...so far :giggle:
You're doing fab hunni, that weight will be gone in no time, we'll soon be racking up those lbs on the 6st challenge :hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Lol the joys of marriage...

:8855: I was asked if I would do it all again if I could go back and Mal asked me if I'd marry him....and of course I replied...of course.............................NOT!!! :8855: :8855: :8855:

Big seas so many fish, why did I do it??? :giggle:

In hindsight I guess I'd think about it, there are a lot worse than him out there ...I think :8855: xxxx

Do you think it's the mentality of men associated with buses or just men in general, surely they can't all be that dense ? :8855:

I'm afraid it's all men :(

I'm so happy to be divorced! :D :giggle:

One of my dogs once went to the plumber, who was under my bathroom sink, with a pair of my knickers in his mouth! I wouldn't have minded if they were clean ones, but he'd nicked them off the washing I was putting into the machine!! I could have died on the spot! :8855:

I read that as though the plumber had your knickers in his mouth - the pervert :8855:

Afternoon Lily :D
My wonderful hubbie didn't get milk last he went on his own. He said it wasn't on the list. Neither was the bl**dy lager he bought :rolleyes:

That had me laughing like a dray......so typically male.

I mean, fish is fish aint it !!!

:8855: I was asked if I would do it all again if I could go back and Mal asked me if I'd marry him....and of course I replied...of course.............................NOT!!! :8855: :8855: :8855:

Big seas so many fish, why did I do it??? :giggle:

In hindsight I guess I'd think about it, there are a lot worse than him out there ...I think :8855: xxxx

Much worse. If his only sin is to be a lousy shopper keep hold of him.

Believe me my first who I stuck with for 20 years really was a basta*d. He would not even have shopped let alone thought fish was fish............

It is so true men are from mars and we are from Venus......so, so true.

At least they keep us amused on here:D

I read that as though the plumber had your knickers in his mouth - the pervert :8855:

My wonderful hubbie didn't get milk last he went on his own. He said it wasn't on the list. Neither was the bl**dy lager he bought :rolleyes:

Like mine did not get me any tomatoes today as he said they were not on the list FFS.....he knows I eat kilos of the bloody things......he did however get me an unasked for bottle of Rioja......same colour as the tomatoes I suppose:D

Hi Lily, do you mind if I join you on here. You are such a great lady and constantly make me smile..........oh such a great thing to do and so good for your face, really good face exercise and on top of all that I think your overall weight loss is amazing.

Creeping over O.K. !!!

hugs xxxx

:8855: :8855: :Na_Na_Na_Na: I have my own personal stalker :giggle:, bet y'all ain't got one of these :8855: xx

Kirsty is in the living room, dying on the sofa, which means I have to tape my programme and watch it later, how selfish can one person be, she already disrupted dinner and made me have a takeaway :giggle: xxxx

:8855: - honestly these people with pleurisy are so flipping inconsiderate aren't they??!!

Thanks Lisa, make that 3 people giving up, Mark wants to as well :eek:, but I'd sooner their moods than the stench of the cigarettes :yuk: and their ill health any day of the week.
Kirsty will eb fine in a few days, worrying about her job as per instead of her health...that's normal though I spose :hug99: xxxx

I am trying hun nagging her all I can but it's her choice her life, she knows she can't smoke in the house that's the best I can do for now, says she wants to give up....but I'll keep nagging her...if I can give up shge can too xxx:hug99:xxx

I was a 45 year, 50 a day committed smoker until nearly 2 years ago hun, and then i got fed up of always being ill, not being able to breather, and having bronchitis year after year after year, lasting anything up to 6 months at a time, just gave up 19th March 2010 and have never looked back and haven't wanted a cigarette since...I will never smoke again and that my lovely is a promise....hope you're hubby does quit forever, I feel so much healthier and richer too lol....my habit was costing me over £300 a month 2 years ago, now it would cost me close to £500 a month :eek:
Mal is still struggling a bit but each day gets easier ...I hope he does as his breathing and cough are so much better...but we'll see, still early days yet :hug99: xxxx

Wow - fantastic achievement Lily - and look at you now doing hours of exercise each day. You really are amazing! I hope Mal hangs on in there.

Is he doing it through his GP? Colin says the nurse he sees is brilliant and he finds it helpful as he sees her weekly. He has to blow into a thingy which measures the levels of carbon monoxide in his blood (you probably know all this - sorry!). When he started it was 39 (up to 4 is normal apparently) then it went down to 8, now it's down to 4. I am so proud of him. His dad had a massive heart attack when he was Colin's age, and he was a heavy smoker. Colin's bp is really high and he's just been put on tablets but I'm hoping the quitting smoking will help his bp drop too. I've been worried for a long time as although he hasn't had any obvious health problems, if I put my ear on his chest he sounds like me when I used to get asthma.

I really hope Kirsty can give up but as we know it has to be their decision and they have to ready to do it for them and no-one else. Hope it happens sooner rather than later tho' - and hopefully something as serious as pleurisy will give her the push she needs. Hope you're having a good day hun :bighug: xxx

:happy096::doggy::snoopyhouse:Oh that's great about Kirsty! Glad Mal is working hard on making it up to you. Loving the dog stories. My dogs both loved unwashed socks and knickers - especially my male rescue dog who passed away in June, bless him. Miss him every day. Our labrador - who is nearly 9 but acts like a puppy! - stole a pair of my socks when I brought them downstairs to put on, so I let her keep them. She wanders round with them in her mouth and gets quite upset if she can't find them - daft beast! :doggy::snoopyhouse: xxx

Hi lily been reading ur diary wow ur amazing such an inspiration, I had 10 st to loose lost 6 up to now , had a blip over Xmas totally lost motivation but gave my self a talking too got back on track and having 100 % days for last 2 weeks :) , I started a diary and I just ramble to myself most if the time but it has helped me so much , I read ur soup recipe at the early posts in ur diary I have made a veg soup but not put any pasta or meat in , it is delishious x

Oh lily i do have such a giggle when i come to your page men eh who'd have them lol xx

I'm afraid it's all men :(

I'm so happy to be divorced! :D :giggle:

:hmm: divorce? I think I'll keep him a little while longer, he has his uses from time to time ;) ....but if I do change my mind you'll be 1st on my list for the divorce party (any excuse eh? lol) xxxx

Ewww, don't give me his number pervert :eek:

Mal always comes back with extras and always says I hope you didn't mind but....too bloody late now if I do mind eh?, funnily enough today, he forgot the milk too, oh well I got mine it's only his that's very low :giggle: xx:hug99:xx

That had me laughing like a dray......so typically male.

I mean, fish is fish aint it !!!

Ah now being married to an avid 60 year angler, he'd disagree there, but only because he does sea fishing, fly fishing and coarse fishing, otherwise he'd be as clueless as the rest of them :giggle:

Much worse. If his only sin is to be a lousy shopper keep hold of him.

He has worse faults believe me, but being as I don't have all day, I won't bore you :8855:

Believe me my first who I stuck with for 20 years really was a basta*d. He would not even have shopped let alone thought fish was fish............

It is so true men are from mars and we are from Venus......so, so true.

I love the book, bought it for both my daughters made them both read it then gave it to both their partners to read who did exactly what Mal did and put it on the shelf where it still gathers dust to this day :mad:

At least they keep us amused on here:D

isn't it fun comparing them? I reckon we all got the ones with defects :giggle:...seconds i'd call them :8855: xx

Like mine did not get me any tomatoes today as he said they were not on the list FFS.....he knows I eat kilos of the bloody things......he did however get me an unasked for bottle of Rioja......same colour as the tomatoes I suppose:D

:8855: I spose that's something, a start in the right direction :giggle:

Hi Lily, do you mind if I join you on here. You are such a great lady and constantly make me smile..........oh such a great thing to do and so good for your face, really good face exercise and on top of all that I think your overall weight loss is amazing.

Creeping over O.K. !!!

hugs xxxx

:welcome2: Sue, I have a very long list of diary's to find and your's is one of them, I will find my way there eventually, but my broomstick keeps running out of fuel :giggle:...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :8855: xxxx

Wow - fantastic achievement Lily - and look at you now doing hours of exercise each day. You really are amazing! I hope Mal hangs on in there.

Is he doing it through his GP? Colin says the nurse he sees is brilliant and he finds it helpful as he sees her weekly. He has to blow into a thingy which measures the levels of carbon monoxide in his blood (you probably know all this - sorry!). When he started it was 39 (up to 4 is normal apparently) then it went down to 8, now it's down to 4. I am so proud of him. His dad had a massive heart attack when he was Colin's age, and he was a heavy smoker. Colin's bp is really high and he's just been put on tablets but I'm hoping the quitting smoking will help his bp drop too. I've been worried for a long time as although he hasn't had any obvious health problems, if I put my ear on his chest he sounds like me when I used to get asthma.

I really hope Kirsty can give up but as we know it has to be their decision and they have to ready to do it for them and no-one else. Hope it happens sooner rather than later tho' - and hopefully something as serious as pleurisy will give her the push she needs. Hope you're having a good day hun :bighug: xxx

Becky Mal is a stubborn old goat, been to clinic, gp, chemist, tried patches, tablets, sprays, gum you name it...When we went to the clinic we had the loveliest counsellor, she rings me even now every 6 months to see how I am doing, and I keep telling Mal to go back to her she won't judge him, but the silly old sod won't go cos he's embaressed :d'oh: that's what she's there for...he gave up same time as me, as did they all but they all started again 7 weeks later at Kirsty's 21st Birthday Party, all except me and my eldest Kelly and she is just 3 weeks behind me, beginning of April will be 2 years for her too.
Ultimately same as with kirsty I can't force him but I keep on telling him how well he's doing and how lovely it is not ot have to listen to him barking all night long too. fingers crossed he stays off them and after last night helps me encourage Kirsty too xxx

:happy096::doggy::snoopyhouse:Oh that's great about Kirsty! Glad Mal is working hard on making it up to you. Loving the dog stories. My dogs both loved unwashed socks and knickers - especially my male rescue dog who passed away in June, bless him. Miss him every day. Our labrador - who is nearly 9 but acts like a puppy! - stole a pair of my socks when I brought them downstairs to put on, so I let her keep them. She wanders round with them in her mouth and gets quite upset if she can't find them - daft beast! :doggy::snoopyhouse: xxx

I have a Lab too Chessie boy is 8 in September and he's still like a puppy, but with him it's squeaky toys as soon as he hears one he bounds about all over the place, we bought him quite a few for christmas, it was so cute seeing him open his pressies and running off to hide them ...oh and they are all still intact, we find if we buy him loads he gets so caught up with which one to use he doesn't bite them anymore lol xxx

Evening lily, hope you are ok. xx

Hey lovely Jane, I am good thanks, hope you and Chris are doing well too :hug99: xxx

Hi lily been reading ur diary wow ur amazing such an inspiration, I had 10 st to loose lost 6 up to now , had a blip over Xmas totally lost motivation but gave my self a talking too got back on track and having 100 % days for last 2 weeks :) , I started a diary and I just ramble to myself most if the time but it has helped me so much , I read ur soup recipe at the early posts in ur diary I have made a veg soup but not put any pasta or meat in , it is delishious x

Hey Mariavon and :welcome2: to my diary of drivel :giggle:, thank you for taking the time to read it and thank you again for your lovely comments...I am adding your diary to my list of diary's to find and will eb popping across to have a read.
I love soup, have had it almost everyday since beginning SW, really fills me up.
well done for joining minis hun and I am sure you will do very well with your journey :hug99: xxx

Oh lily i do have such a giggle when i come to your page men eh who'd have them lol xx

:8855: Hi Emma, glad to give you a good laugh :giggle: that's what life's all about, sod the rubbish in between, let's have a laugh, get thin and get on with it...men now there's a subject I'd like to discuss...NOT!!! :8855: :8855: xxxx

Back