Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Hello lovelies, just 3 more days to go, boy that's come round fast. And guess who has gotten lumbered with all the ironing, cleaning and packing :eek: just got Mal's left to iron and pack and I am done, knackered.com lol.
Mal went swimming with the grandkids and came back totally deaf last Friday week, he phoned docs first thing last Monday and they said the earliest the nurse can see him is 28th, so he made an appt to see the doc who saw him this morning, told him his ears are impacted and to make an appt to see the nurse on Wednesday, I am so annoyed, they wanted him to wait 18 days and then slot him in 2 days later cos the doc says so,............. the last 10+ days with him being almost completely deaf have been an absolute nightmare, I swear we've argued more in those 10+ days than we have in 37 + years lol.
Anyways hope you're all keeping well and I hope to get on here before we leave on Friday...oh one more bit of really good news before I hit the hay, my noisy neighbour is moving.......... this Saturday... I am gutted I won't be here to wave her off and I won't say how many fingers I would be using in that wave :giggle: anyway night night and sweet dreams all :hug99: :zz: xxx

Pardon? ... Sorry couldn't resist. Hope mals ears get sorted ok tomorrow. Must be very frustrating for you and him.

I'm naughty and hate ironing, when I met james in Dubai, he ironed my stuff when I got there ;-)

Heres to hoping your noisy neighbours replacement is a vast improvement :)

:woohoo: brilliant news about the neighbour moving

I'm another one who hates ironing, I try and avoid it at all costs :giggle:

Lily42uk said:
Hello lovelies, just 3 more days to go, boy that's come round fast. And guess who has gotten lumbered with all the ironing, cleaning and packing :eek: just got Mal's left to iron and pack and I am done, knackered.com lol.
Mal went swimming with the grandkids and came back totally deaf last Friday week, he phoned docs first thing last Monday and they said the earliest the nurse can see him is 28th, so he made an appt to see the doc who saw him this morning, told him his ears are impacted and to make an appt to see the nurse on Wednesday, I am so annoyed, they wanted him to wait 18 days and then slot him in 2 days later cos the doc says so,............. the last 10+ days with him being almost completely deaf have been an absolute nightmare, I swear we've argued more in those 10+ days than we have in 37 + years lol.
Anyways hope you're all keeping well and I hope to get on here before we leave on Friday...oh one more bit of really good news before I hit the hay, my noisy neighbour is moving.......... this Saturday... I am gutted I won't be here to wave her off and I won't say how many fingers I would be using in that wave :giggle: anyway night night and sweet dreams all :hug99: :zz: xxx

Ooh an update ......
Hello Lily xx

Hello lovelies, I have decided to say sod Mal's ironing it can wait till later or even tomorrow lol I too absolutely hate ironing and Kirsty has been laying on the "I'm pregnant and can't sit and do it" guilt trip to try and get me to do hers, so far I have resisted ...was talking to my nice neighbour the other side yesterday and she told me she loves ironing and sometimes just so she can get her fix, she takes all her clothes out of her wardrobes and re-irons it ...now I know the woman is mad lol, so I told Kirsty to go ask her to do it as she offered to do mine, but I was too stupid to take her up on her offer :giggle:

Thank you all for your love and support, I am so sorry for not having time to come and see how you're all doing, but I promise once the holiday is over I will be back with a vengeance ...it has been so long since we went away that I forgot how to pack/shop and I have enjoyed all my trips to buy new clothes and cases and all the niggly little bits lol...just 70 little hours to the off...actually wish I had booked longer cos this week is going to fly by ...but we are off for the long weekend in October and again for our anniversary in December and we have decided to make it a more regular thing now.

Weight this last 2 weeks has gone right out the window, I have been eating on the run and not always so healthily....gained 1.5lbs last week and am pretty sure I will do so again tonight too, but hey I will walk that off for sure next week lol.

Well I am off to do a couple of bits and then get ready for WI tonight, hopefully will be back later but I have been getting really tired very early these days ....old age or exhaustion ...you decide lol

TTFN my lovelies :hug99: xxxxxxx

Afternoon Lily, I can hear the excitment building for your holiday in your posts and I'm so pleased for you that you are finally going away and deciding to make it a more regular thing, its always good to have a change of scenery :) Hope Mal gets sorted soon as it must be so frustrating for all of you :) xx

Afternoon Lily, I can hear the excitment building for your holiday in your posts and I'm so pleased for you that you are finally going away and deciding to make it a more regular thing, its always good to have a change of scenery :) Hope Mal gets sorted soon as it must be so frustrating for all of you :) xx

Hello lovely Dawnie, I am very excited, never thought a few years ago that I would ever go away again. We have a few ideas for more holidays and I am trying very hard to persuade Mal to go abroad ...we went to Spain together once that's the extent of his travels, I usually did the trips abroad with the kids or my sister, Mal says that he has everything he could possibly need for a holiday here in the UK and to some degree I agree we have some beautiful places but I want to see other beautiful places too and want him to do it before we gasp that last breath lol
Mal has to see the nurse tomorrow, and it's really frustrating he can't seem to get it into his head that he is the deaf one and when I say something he may have either misheard or not heard part of the conversation at all and then argues with me and gets the huff, I try to stay calm and be understanding but it's not easy :giggle:
Have a great day hunni :hug99: xxx

Yeay to the noisy neighbour moving away. :D And yeay to the holiday being so close. Boo to the ironing though. In case I don't remember or get back on here later before you go have a fab holiday. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Also well done for WI whatever the result. :D:D:D Hope Mals lugs get sorted. :D

Hello lovely Patsy, I am almost as excited about the neighbour moving away as I am about going on hols lol...couldn't have picked a better time to go too, the very week we are away....I just realised that had Kirsty and Mark gone ahead with their wedding plans it would have been this Saturday, that would have been fun ...NOT....having to try and get the wedding cars etc here with her removal van :eek: ......

Thank you hun, I don't think I will have a massive gain (not even ventured near the scales this week) but I do think it will be a gain ...will report tonight whatever happens...have a lovely day sweetie :hug99: xxx

Evening lovelies, well I was right I did gain, but happily it was just a half pound, so I am well happy with that, I have set myself a goal to lose while we are away, even if we eat fish and chips etc, there will be no reason for me to gain with all the walking we intend to do and swimming and the sauna too should sort us out lovely lol.

I went to the hospital Wednesday last week for my 3 month check up and my Dermatologist has taken all my steroid creams off me, says I have to use just moisturizers instead as she is 100% sure that's the cause of the rosacea I have all over my face, which is good in theory but I have now had an even worse break out of my skin breaking down, I have sores all over my hands and fingers and to be honest I would sooner have the rosacea on my face as I can cover that with foundation and minerals powders, having the sores all over my fingers is very debilitating and right now I am a lot peed off about it right before my holiday.

Anyway ladies I will bid you night night and hopefully catch you tomorrow at some point...........sweet dreams and sleep well :hug99: :zz: xxx

Hi,

Your journey is inspirational, 2 loose the equivilant of 2 persons is some marathon. Hope your hands feel better soon and enjoy your holiday :).

That's only a weeny gain, so am sure once you're back off holiday and raring to go again that will soon be history, along with quite a few more :giggle:

Hi Lily, not surprised you are happy with that small gain as you were expecting a little bit more than that............not long now til the holidays :)xxx I am sorry to hear your consultant has taken your creams away from you and can understand why you would chose the rosacea over the blisters............you would have thought she would have given you a choice!!

Hi,

Your journey is inspirational, 2 loose the equivilant of 2 persons is some marathon. Hope your hands feel better soon and enjoy your holiday :).

Hello lovely and welcome to my diary, thank you for your lovely comments, it has been a marathon but one I will ultimately finish this time sooner rather than later lol.....I am sure my hands will start to improve again soon, it just gets so tedious keep taking the same journey with them year in year out ...but to be fair they have been a lot worse in the past so :fingerscrossed: they'll stay that way....Thank you again I am so looking forward to my holiday just wish I'd booked 2 weeks now but always time for a mini break me thinks lol :hug99: xxx
That's only a weeny gain, so am sure once you're back off holiday and raring to go again that will soon be history, along with quite a few more :giggle:

Hello lovely Emmy, I am ecstatic at that teeny tiny gain, was expecting more, not cos I'd eaten badly but because I knew I'd had mountains of pasta and that doesn't fair well with me ...must have been all the running around this week that kept it lower than normal lol
Hope you're well lovely :hug99: have a great day xxxx

Hi Lily, not surprised you are happy with that small gain as you were expecting a little bit more than that............not long now til the holidays :)xxx I am sorry to hear your consultant has taken your creams away from you and can understand why you would chose the rosacea over the blisters............you would have thought she would have given you a choice!!

Hello lovely Dawn, I am as I said ecstatic with that teeny gain was expecting a 3 or 4lb gain which is normal when I eat so much pasta and the likes but as I said with all the running about and cleaning this week (decided to do all the jobs I have been putting off, so I can come back to clean curtains, windows, oven etc lol) I am guessing that's what has kept it low lol...just another 43.5 hours to the off...not that I'm counting at all lol and excitement is building all round.
I was very surprised my consultant just suddenly stopped all the steroids but she must have her reasons, the Rosacea is quite bad but my foundation and minerals cover it adequately for me ...maybe it was the extent of the growth of the Rosacea that made her decide, she gave me another cream to use, non steroid but it does nothing at all, might as well just continue to use my own moisturizers they are more effective...but as I said up there^^^^it's still nowhere near as bad as it was before I started the treatment, she has kept me on the acitretin for now but will review them again in November when next I see her ..so :fingerscrossed:
Hope you're keeping well my lovely, sorry I haven't had time to pop to everyone's diaries but you all know I am here sooner or later lol
Have a great day :hug99: xxxx

Hello lovelies, just sitting here pondering the last couple of years and the changes in my life....I can't actually believe that in less than 48 hours we will be off on holiday again....12+ stone ago I could never see that ever happening again but it has and it has made me feel so excited about the rest of my life.....I had properly given up on it 4 or 5 years ago....I was seriously a dead woman walking....but I now feel alive....I am looking forward to the weekends we are going away in October and Early December for our anniversary and then we are planning to get away every 6-8 weeks after that.

Even after losing all that weight I still have close to 8 st still to go and I am looking to get the majority off by March next year, I actually feel really motivated now I haven't stopped and thought I have a holiday coming up so I'll relax a little ...I still want more than anything to actually lose while we are away and I am going to do everything in my power to make that happen....so that by our holiday next year I will hopefully be at Target.

Anyways ladies....tea break over and back to the grindstone, today is hair dyeing day, I have already done Kelsi's ...she now has jet black hair with a tinge of blue and consequently I now have blue hands, kitchen counters, chairs and even floor...thank god the kitchen is being redone and I am buying new furnishings (it's actually not even noticeable, well all but my hands that is lol )....so now it's time to do mine and then Kirsty's and Kelly's later ....phew lol

Have a fab day everyone and cya soon xxx:hug99: xxx

Enjoy prepping for your holiday. I feel excited for you!

Have you tried liz Earle hand cream at all?

image-3631257979.jpg

If you can zoom in an look at the Ingredients and spot nothing that triggers you then I can send you a sample to try. My fried works there ;-)

Enjoy prepping for your holiday. I feel excited for you!

Have you tried liz Earle hand cream at all?

View attachment 60833

If you can zoom in an look at the Ingredients and spot nothing that triggers you then I can send you a sample to try. My fried works there ;-)

Aww bless you Kath, what a lovely person you are, I didn't notice anything off the top of my head that I can think of that would harm me, and as I have said before I am happy to try anything once no matter what the outcome. I am just uploading some pictures of my hands as they are now as I have to print them off to take to my dermatologist next time I see her and I will put them in my albums on here, they're not too gory but I will just warn anyone that they are there lol
I am enjoying preparing for my holiday and will definitely need a holiday at the end of it lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Hope the skin settles. I'd be tempted to take the steroids on hols in case it gets any worse but maybe I'm just a worrier. How excited must you be now. :D And fired up to lose on hols too. WOW WOW WOW
Hello lovely Patsy, I have packed them just in case, I do most of what the doc advises but to be honest if it does get tooooo bad I will resort to using them and like you I do worry too lol. I am very excited it almost feels like Christmas when I was a wee little un lol....I am so fired up, my friend just got back fromn 2 weeks in Spain and lost 2.5lbs another friend spent 2 weeks in Turkey and lost 6lbs, I am aiming for about 5lbs lol we'll have to see if I manage it lol but be assured I am going to go for it big time lol xxx:hug99: xxx

Well done Lily x

Hope your skin feels better before your holiday

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello lovely Lisa, thank you hun, I do hope it feels better but hey if it doesn't I have packed my cotton gloves and socks and nothing is going to stop me lol xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello lovelies, just sitting here pondering the last couple of years and the changes in my life....I can't actually believe that in less than 48 hours we will be off on holiday again....12+ stone ago I could never see that ever happening again but it has and it has made me feel so excited about the rest of my life.....I had properly given up on it 4 or 5 years ago....I was seriously a dead woman walking....but I now feel alive....I am looking forward to the weekends we are going away in October and Early December for our anniversary and then we are planning to get away every 6-8 weeks after that.

Even after losing all that weight I still have close to 8 st still to go and I am looking to get the majority off by March next year, I actually feel really motivated now I haven't stopped and thought I have a holiday coming up so I'll relax a little ...I still want more than anything to actually lose while we are away and I am going to do everything in my power to make that happen....so that by our holiday next year I will hopefully be at Target.

Anyways ladies....tea break over and back to the grindstone, today is hair dyeing day, I have already done Kelsi's ...she now has jet black hair with a tinge of blue and consequently I now have blue hands, kitchen counters, chairs and even floor...thank god the kitchen is being redone and I am buying new furnishings (it's actually not even noticeable, well all but my hands that is lol )....so now it's time to do mine and then Kirsty's and Kelly's later ....phew lol

Have a fab day everyone and cya soon xxx:hug99: xxx

I absolutely love this post :D the motivation and determination is catching :bighug:

Hope the hair dyeing went well ;)

Back