Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

No cos you've tempted me with the rhubarb now. :p Money was tight when I was growing up too and rhubarb and custard was our Sunday treat - picked fresh off the crowns in the garden.

LOVE gooseberry fool. Now could we SW that?
Have goosegogs (yep I say it too) in the freezer begging to be used.

No cos you've tempted me with the rhubarb now. :p Money was tight when I was growing up too and rhubarb and custard was our Sunday treat - picked fresh off the crowns in the garden.

LOVE gooseberry fool. Now could we SW that?
Have goosegogs (yep I say it too) in the freezer begging to be used.

We used to grow our own Rhubarb too and up till my f-i-l died 6 years ago, we used to get it from him, he had a massive garden and a patch about 20 x 20 feet was dedicated just to rhubarb yummy...oh just remembered...we used to pick the stalks of rhubarb as a kid, dip them in sugar and eat them that way too, no wonder I have a weight problem lol and thank god I have good teeth, could or even should have had more problems than I have had lol xx

Ok today's menu:

Breakfast:
2 x Wholemeal Bread (Hexb)
2x eggs scrambled
baked beans
2 x plums
Banana
Coffee 1.5 syns

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Apple
Ice Cream soda
Plum

Dinner:
Cowboy supper 1 syn (2 x 0.5 syn sausages, carrots, onions, tinned tomatoes, baked beans, chicken stock S&P all cooked in the same pan)
Kurly kale
Cabbage
Carrots
Mash with Butternut squash and veg stock to mash with
SW Apple Crumble 6.5 syns
and FF Vanilla yoghurt to go on top

Extras:
2x shape delight crumble yoghurt 1 syn

Last edited:
Hey Lily hope your having a good weekend:) I haven't heard about those crumble yoghurts ohhhhh I'm going to get some later.I'm also going to have a look at the pastie recipe thanks hunni:)xx

Hey Lily hope your having a good weekend:) I haven't heard about those crumble yoghurts ohhhhh I'm going to get some later.I'm also going to have a look at the pastie recipe thanks hunni:)xx

Having a lovely weekend hun,just off to do my 2 hours exercise before settling down to watch the speedway...I love it!!
The yoghurts are to die for hun, so worth the 0.5 syns, but I find I just can't eat 1 at a time, I have to have one of each lol
The pasties are amazing, have to perfect the "pastry" part as mine came out huge, but they were so delish ...I love the fact I can have my favourite foods syn free, I feel like a kid in a sweetshop right now, Pasties, sausage rolls, rice pudding, lemon meringue and ice cream soda and ALL free (if you count the bread on the sausage rolls as Hexb)....I am going to search out some more goodies...so watch this space lol.
Hope you having a great day and a brilliant weekend, and that it's lovely and sunny wherever you are, like it is here xx

When I was growing up, there were 7 kids and my parents in our house and treats were very thin on the ground so an ice cream soda was our big treat for the month. When I joined SW I had to give them up...too many syns for the ice cream, but suddenly thought yesterday..I wonder and did a search and I found it and by god is it good lol....

I bought Onken Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt, froze it for about 3-4 hours and added it to my sugar free cream soda ...oh :wow:...so delicious lol and a treat I can have when I please as it's FREEEEEEEEE lol

Hi Lily just read all your posts, this ice cream and soda sounds delicious going to try this, have you tried 1 syn ferrero rocher its fastatic if you just want a chocolate fix.

jane x

Hi Lily just read all your posts, this ice cream and soda sounds delicious going to try this, have you tried 1 syn ferrero rocher its fastatic if you just want a chocolate fix.

jane x

Yes hun, just answered that one on Crumble's thread ...the ferrero rocher are delicious, I couldn't stop eating them lol really yummy

The ice cream soda is also delish, but don't let the yoghurt set too hard, just 3 or 4 hours max in the freezer ...hubby tried it today and loved it too, I am off to search out some more free goodies lol xx

Yes hun, just answered that one on Crumble's thread ...the ferrero rocher are delicious, I couldn't stop eating them lol really yummy

The ice cream soda is also delish, but don't let the yoghurt set too hard, just 3 or 4 hours max in the freezer ...hubby tried it today and loved it too, I am off to search out some more free goodies lol xx

I have only just found yours and crumble's posts, this site is confusing, I love your diarys its people like you and crumble, roziee and nannis that keeps me focus, someone to talk too everyday, like you I love my exercise I do 1 and half hours a day now just love it, I am sure this is whats helping me lose the weight, exercise, eating healthy and chatting to all of you's.

Lily where are all your stone badges gone.

Jane x

I have only just found yours and crumble's posts, this site is confusing, I love your diarys its people like you and crumble, roziee and nannis that keeps me focus, someone to talk too everyday, like you I love my exercise I do 1 and half hours a day now just love it, I am sure this is whats helping me lose the weight, exercise, eating healthy and chatting to all of you's.

Lily where are all your stone badges gone.

Jane x

Hi Jane,
I agree, I love reading other people's diary's it's great for picking up hints or even just realising that you're not the only one going through the same problems.
Exercise, can you believe I love it...this is from the woman who wouldn't get off her butt at all...now i will do on averaghe 1.5-2 hours a day (I do have the odd day off) and sometimes as much as 3 hours.
Aren't my badges there? I nhad to adjust them yesterday, got told off by one of the moderators, said I had to put them into 2 or 3 columns and not right across the page...I can see them all can't you?
I am only showing the ones I have earned at SW and not what I lost before I joined, much is the pity cos I'd have 11st's worth there now lol xx

just been reading your diary, you're a true inspiration, and well done on getting rid of one of you hitchhikers, lol, what an achievement!

just been reading your diary, you're a true inspiration, and well done on getting rid of one of you hitchhikers, lol, what an achievement!

Thank you Karen,
I am absolutely amazed that anybody would see me as an inspiration, even though I do know what I have achieved so far, I am more amazed at my determination, after all the years of carrying at least 1 hitch hiker with me, that I am finally on my way to losing my 2nd one and this time when they are both gone, they are gone for good...no more yo-yoing, since I found SW I know 1000% this is the very last time and I am excited to finally get where I want to be and I am determined to persuade as many people as I can that they can do it too.
My only regret and it's only a small regret, is that I didn't find SW earlier lol
Good luck on your journey, please pop in and say hello from time to time.
Lily xx

Thank you Karen,
I am absolutely amazed that anybody would see me as an inspiration, even though I do know what I have achieved so far, I am more amazed at my determination, after all the years of carrying at least 1 hitch hiker with me, that I am finally on my way to losing my 2nd one and this time when they are both gone, they are gone for good...no more yo-yoing, since I found SW I know 1000% this is the very last time and I am excited to finally get where I want to be and I am determined to persuade as many people as I can that they can do it too.
My only regret and it's only a small regret, is that I didn't find SW earlier lol
Good luck on your journey, please pop in and say hello from time to time.
Lily xx

I have done sw on and off for long time but this time something has clicked inside, I think its because I have diabetes due to the stress of my hubby being disabled last year and I have to look after him, but I know this time there is no going back, I have been carrying the same weight now for 37years, I think its time to go, its out stayed its welcome, like you lily I wished it clicked earlier on for me and not wasted all those years.
I think you have done great losing all that weight, gives me hope that I can do it too this time. xx

Lily where do I find the rice pudding menu I keep hearing about.

Jane x

There are a number of rice pudding recipes I will post a couple on here ok xx

Pudding rice ~ Free this is Crumble's rice pudding.
250ml semi per person ~ HXA each
Lemon zest ~ Free
Nutmeg ~ free
Sweetner ~ free

I pop that lot all into the slow cooker on low for 5 ish hours and yummy. Slow cooks in the oven nicely, too of course.

This is the 20 minute rice pudding x

Rice Pudding ~ Syn Free

1 pint of Cold water
1/2 Mug Pudding Rice
Canderel to taste
Nutmeg (optional)
2 tbsp Vanilla Essence (optional)
Muller Light Yoghurt of choice

Put cold water into a saucepan. Add rice and cook for about 15 - 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool - at this stage add the nutmeg, canderel and vanilla essence if required. When it has really cooled add the yoghurt.

I have done sw on and off for long time but this time something has clicked inside, I think its because I have diabetes due to the stress of my hubby being disabled last year and I have to look after him, but I know this time there is no going back, I have been carrying the same weight now for 37years, I think its time to go, its out stayed its welcome, like you lily I wished it clicked earlier on for me and not wasted all those years.
I think you have done great losing all that weight, gives me hope that I can do it too this time. xx

I too was diagnosed with diabetes about 4 years ago, also at the same time was diagnosed with under active thyroid and high cholesterol (6.7), I have tried and tried but can't get along with the tablets, started with Metformin 850mg, then moved to 500mg, then moved to the 500g twice a day and Gliclazide 80mg once a day and then just the Gliclazide on it's own and then the last one...I forget the name even, but about 1 year ago I stopped taking them as they were just making me feel sick, bloated and really gassy (burping eggs all the time) and it really was getting me down, and that's when I really decided the only way I could help myself was to stop taking the tablets and get going seriously with the diet and exercise ..the only tablet I take now is for the thyroid and even that isn't that bad only on 25mg of throxin a day...my cholesterol is now 4.2 and my BS is sitting about 6.9, still a little high but it was originally in the 20+ range, so doctor and I are both happy with that and as I have the skin condition I have blood tests almost every month as the tabs for that can cause kidney failure and they are very happy with my stats too.
I used to weigh in the region of 16 st until I had an accident 14 years ago, the hospital basically wrote me off and I went home and I did the same and in less that 2 years I was 31st+ stayed that way for years and then just about 3 years ago decided enough was enough and here I am now lol and I will NEVER go back to that again...I actually feel alive for a change lol xx

I think the change in you girls this time is that its not just about the weight. Look at how both you and Jane have changed your lifestyle with the exercise routines.

That's what I know was the missing link with me. I didn't want to do it! I knew exercise is good for us but I thought it wasn't possible for me. HUH! Think again missy crumble because I'm doing it and enjoying it - ok, in my own fashion but I've read your posts. I will get better. ;)

I think the change in you girls this time is that its not just about the weight. Look at how both you and Jane have changed your lifestyle with the exercise routines.

That's what I know was the missing link with me. I didn't want to do it! I knew exercise is good for us but I thought it wasn't possible for me. HUH! Think again missy crumble because I'm doing it and enjoying it - ok, in my own fashion but I've read your posts. I will get better. ;)

You are so right there Crumble and it is all about doing the exercise that suits you. I really can't believe that it took me until I was in my 50's to realise that as long as you're moving and building up a little sweat and your heart is pumping a little harder, that it didn't actually matter what you did as long as you did something on a regular basis and you enjoyed it, I always hated exercise, now look at me, converting people lol.
Another thing I personally think helps me, is that I join all the challenges on here, the exercise challenge for July is almost complete and I am probably going to clock up 45 hours for the month, ME? 45 hours exercise!! would never have thought that a few months ago and I am dead proud of the fact that I have done it, have just set my August challenge for 45 hours, I am going to up that to 50, try and push myself a little harder, maybe not take a day or 2 off but do, even if its just a little, something everyday.
Crumble, I am so proud of your achievement in the last couple of weeks, you're an inspiration to so many people, and more importantly to your own family xx

aww thanks Lily. You've been such a help to me. I've never joined the exercise challenges before, only the weight loss ones. Must have a look see at them.

aww thanks Lily. You've been such a help to me. I've never joined the exercise challenges before, only the weight loss ones. Must have a look see at them.

Definitely join them if you can Crumble, really helps to keep me on track, even on the odd days where I just don't want to do anything lol.
Hun, I sowed the seed, you're the one who took on the challenge and did the hard work, but I am so pleased to have been of any kind of help to you and am loving the results I am hearing from you xx

P.S. I have just found a thread going back to beginning of 2009 with some very yummy looking recipes so I am copying them lol...I do love to vary what I eat and can get very bored with the same foods all the time...what is it they say...Variety is the spice of life ....yum yum lol

P.P.S. OMG syn free pancake ...guess what I am having for brekkie tomorrow xx

Back