Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Lily the food looks amazing for today. I am even tempted to have an EE day and make the dumplings and add them to my beef and veg curry i am having for tea :8855: I so want to try them :)

I am so sorry to see your skin has flared up again (((hugs))) any possible triggers? or just happens? I so hope they find something to help you soon as its so unfair

Hope you are having a lovely weekend with those lovely grandchildren xxxxxx

Hey hun, The food looks really good today, some days it's just eating cos I have to, but today I am really looking forward to my meals...I am almost hurrying the day along to get to those dumplings...I stick mostly to EE as it allows me the freedom to have all those things that I like without having to take them as Hex's but I have increased the veg and fruit a lot almost everyday doing 2/3rds ..today will be the 1st time in a few days that I have had potato, definitely feel I need to cut back on them,...but it's hard I do love them and I have given up my beloved pasta and bread (well almost).
I have many triggers that set off the psoriasis but as far as i can see it doesn't appear to be any of the foods I have been eating, can't see anywhere where I have been eating any more of the trigger foods than I normally do. I do seriously think it is just a case of being very unlucky...hmm was thinking while writing this that since I re-introduced the thyroxin back into my life that my psoriasis has seemed a little more unstable, I will keep an eye on it and see what happens.
The psoriasis seems to centre on one area for a good amount of time and then clears up and moves elsewhere...it was on my left foot originally, then both feet and now mostly my right one and both hands, as well as my scalp and elbows and other small patches here and there. It is mostly under control with the tablets I take now, but getting the dose right is a hard job because of the side effects ...oh well i'll keep battling on .
The kids are brilliant happily playing outside, thankfully we are in a very secluded road and we have a massive green they can play on and we can see the whole way round and there is only 1 way in and out too...if it weren't for my noisy neighbour from hell it would be perfect here xx lol

Does it itch as well as being sore lily? Hope it clears up soon Hun x

Thanks roziee xx
oh yes it itches like mad...I have to take antihistamines to stop it and have been known to take my skin off with a hairbrush before now...worst time is at night when you get all warm and snuggly in bed, that's when the itching is at it's worst xx

awww Lily I so hope they get to the bottom of it for you sweetie ((hugs)) I shall send you reiki daily :)

I had to change to EE today I don't tend to do EE as my weight loss slows right down but I feel disorganised today and EE is easy on those days.

Have you ever tried any of the neem products for your psoriasis? I seem to remember them saying it was supposed to help..

did your vein vine tabs arrive? How are you getting on with them>xxxxx

Sorry to hear about your psoriasis back again, hope you get it sorted, and you feel 100% again, sending a hug.

The sport active 2 you saw on amazon lily the price is right, you will enjoy it, I have decided to get the zumba can't wait for santa.

Hope you feel alot better tomorrow.

Jane x

I've just had a look at the pic and it looks so sore. Hope it clears up soon.

What is reiki

awww Lily I so hope they get to the bottom of it for you sweetie ((hugs)) I shall send you reiki daily :)

I had to change to EE today I don't tend to do EE as my weight loss slows right down but I feel disorganised today and EE is easy on those days.

Have you ever tried any of the neem products for your psoriasis? I seem to remember them saying it was supposed to help..

did your vein vine tabs arrive? How are you getting on with them>xxxxx

Hi hun,Thank you so much, right now anything that may help relieve the soreness and itchiness would be greatly accepted and very much appreciated xx
I like EE as it doesn't inhibit how I want to eat, I do the occasional Red or Green day, but as I said earlier in a post as long as I am losing I am happy, whether that be 0.5lb or 5lb a week.
Not heard of the Neem products, will be looking them up in a minute, but over the last 40 years I have tried just about everything, some with a little success, some made it worse and some did nothing at all but were expensive, also had every ointment cream, and even chemotherapy for it. At the moment I am using 4 creams/ointments, a bath emulsifier, special shampoo and taking Neotigason (Acitretin), the Neotigisan work perfectly and clear it up amazingly if I can take the the full dose of 25mg x 3 times a day, but I can't the side effects are really awful, really bad nose bleeds, which I've never had before, sores all in my mouth, on my face, all round my lips (so bad I can't eat or drink sometimes), up my nose and to top it all massive hair loss and really itchy skin. So they are trying me on a much lower dose, which seems to be fine (10mg a day), but which deosn't seem to be having much effect, there is slight improvement, but not a lot. But I also have to have regular blood tests to make sure I am not incurring any liver or kidney problems as that is another one of the major side effects.
The vein vine has arrived, but I haven't gotten round to trying them yet, I am so sick of pills right now lol but I will and I will let you know how I get on.

Sorry to hear about your psoriasis back again, hope you get it sorted, and you feel 100% again, sending a hug.

The sport active 2 you saw on amazon lily the price is right, you will enjoy it, I have decided to get the zumba can't wait for santa.

Hope you feel alot better tomorrow.

Jane x
Thank you Jane, I don't or should say haven't ever gotten rid of the psoriasis (and it's quite likely I never will as Palmopustular Psoriasis is almost untreatable and is very resistant to most treatments, but I'm not going to give up), it is at the moment going through one of it's fazes of not responding at all to treatment and peeling really badly and is sore beyond words.
:wow: that's a great price isn't it? I am going to make Malcy treat me lol, I can't wait to try it .

I've just had a look at the pic and it looks so sore. Hope it clears up soon.

What is reiki

Thanks Tilly, it is very sore, I'd make a good stand in for Long John Silver today, but everyone is being really great, the girls are making everyone (except me lol), pancakes and they look delish...I will stick to my afternoon snack of a yoghurt and orange lol xx

I'm not sure what reiki is I am just reading up on it, that's Jackie's domain :D xx

You poor thing Lily. Hope that clears up soon for you as it looks so sore.:hug99:

Well I guess this is where the family get to spoil you. ;)

Can't wait to find out how the dumplings do.
content04.gif

As to being called names this is something i have a real problem with:mad: i do not understand why people feel they have the right to do this and the effect on peoples confidence is so dramatic.
Currently i think the media is fueling the problem and encouraging society to bash fat people :mad:

It's the way they make us feel like we deserve to be bashed.. like my immediate response to that was 'well I guess they can bash me because they'll say it'll just bounce off anyway with all my fat.

Thanks roziee xx
oh yes it itches like mad...I have to take antihistamines to stop it and have been known to take my skin off with a hairbrush before now...worst time is at night when you get all warm and snuggly in bed, that's when the itching is at it's worst xx

Have you tried dream cream from Lush? Really helps my skin

It's the way they make us feel like we deserve to be bashed.. like my immediate response to that was 'well I guess they can bash me because they'll say it'll just bounce off anyway with all my fat.

Nah you don't deserve any of that treatment, Icebaby.
They deserve a slapping for having no manners, tho.

Makes me so angry that others could make anyone feel like they should put up with that kind of nonsense. Vile little creatures old or young!

Thanks ladies for all the suggestions, I will look into that dream cream and the Neem that Jackie suggested, but will have to check out the ingredients as I am highly allergic to lots of things xx

Hi Crumble, hope you had a lovely day, my verdict on the dumplings, they looked marvellous just like the real thing, but unfortunately they, as I thought they might do, just tasted like mashed potato lol although I did like the idea of them looking like dumplings. I almost convinced myself I didn't have any potato with my dinner as I only had them, mince and veg, (never thought of roasting beetroot till someone said about it the other day, it's really delicious), going to continue to look and see if I can find a dumpling with a bit more consistency of a dumpling and not the syns lol xx

Makes me so angry that others could make anyone feel like they should put up with that kind of nonsense. Vile little creatures old or young!

Totally agree there Crumble and it's not just the kids either xx

oh dear re dumplings :(

what about the sconey cobbler mix Michelle made a couple of weeks ago? they might be nice not tried them yet

xxxxx

I know I was gutted, but I am full if that helps lol..I had 2 with some roast beetroot, roast butternut squash, swede with black pepper and the mince with mixed veg and I can honestly say I feel bloated.
Sconey Cobbler...oh that sounds interesting...Michelle?? Who, where?? lol

P.S. I used 500g of Potato between 5 of us for the dumplings.

Love beef cobbler. Oh to dream that it would taste as good. Or even half as good. Must have a gander.

Are the kiddies still with you Lily?

:needhug::hug99:

Michelle - minimum... She made these/beef cobbler with it when I was away so week of beginning of august . I know its on her diary and it would have been around 4th 5th August :) xxxxx

:drool: dare I hope it's as good as it sounds, will have a look in a bit xx
Love beef cobbler. Oh to dream that it would taste as good. Or even half as good. Must have a gander.

Are the kiddies still with you Lily?

I'm with you on that one Crumble, sounds divine, well I don't mind being guinea pig so will give that a go next week for sure.
yep they are still with me hun, their mum and dad are at a wedding today, not sure when they'll go home, just going to play it by ear ... probably go home the day before they return to school if they have their way lol xx

:needhug::hug99:

Aww bless hun anytime, :hug99: xx

Back