Sick of carrying 2 hitch hikers about, so this is my diary

Thank you everyone, loving the dinner service too, but when he got there they didn't have the mugs or the wine glasses, they have to order them in, but they did have the cereal/dessert bowls so I got 8 of each yeahhh
Tilly I am loving your thinking, so maybe the Actifry isn't out of the question yet :woohoo:
But I had to laugh when he got home, he proceeded to tell me about a guy who stood next to him that had just put out a cigarette, said it made him want to retch, said there you are that's how I've felt for the last 18 months.
He has been as good as his word so far, there were a few times he looks angry and he got up walked upstairs and sat wherever he was until it passed...let's see if he keeps it up, cos I am not putting up with his carp (Just for Jackie) :8855:anymore,.
You guys have been an amazing support, thank you, but I did learn one thing, that I don't always have to run to the food cupboard...I did once, had about a quarter of a tub of Ben and Jerry's...never had it before and would have said I don't like Ice cream but I would make an exception for that lol occasionally anyway lol xx

Today's Menu:

Breakfast:
Oat so Simple (Hexb)
Milk 100ml +80ml Water 2.5 syns
I tbsp Honey 1 syn
Banana
Strawberries
Coffee 1.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Mid Morning:
Peach
2 x Plums
Yoghurt 0.5 syns
Water (1 pint)

Lunch:
Minestrone Soup
Peach
Apple
Water (1 pint)

Mid Afternoon:
Nectarine
Orange

Dinner:
Sautee Potaoes
Leek Lasagne with Chopped Gammon 4.5 syns
Mixed Salad
Pear
Peach
Water (1 pint)

Extras:
Yoghurt 0.5 syns
More fruit

Total for the day = 10.5syns

Did 3 hours of exercise , first 2 hours alone, and then another hour with neighbours son, drank water (3 pints)

Very yummy Leek Lasagne

Last edited:
Lilly I'm moving in okay :D I am sending myself via courier :8855: my gammon was cardboard. I cannot cook gammon I overcook everything just incase

What have I started, all this talk of carp :8855: :8855:

think by the time hes achieved giving up smoking for good you will be the proud owner of an acitifry and anything else you fancy :8855:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are more than welcome honey lol
Gammon the piece I had was just over 5lbs, I boiled it for a couple of hours, skimming off the scum :yuk: and then rested it for about 10 mins, I then cut slices of orange and attached them with cocktail sticks and then a thin coating of marmalade and roasted for about an hour, was delicious yesterday and even more delicious today in the Lasagne very yummy
I would prefer an even tempered man (he is honestly the most mild tempered person, which is why it hurt so much) than all the presents I could get, but I'm not a fool so I'll go for them too :8855: xx

i iz poor student- can you post over some meals? like the leek lasagne :drool:

:eat:

i iz poor student- can you post over some meals? like the leek lasagne :drool:

:eat:

Aww bless, I would cook it for you anyday sweetie it was really lovely, never had it before and when DD2 suggested it I was none too keen, but it's yummmmmmmmmmmm lol me could have eaten it twice lol xx

Aww bless, I would cook it for you anyday sweetie it was really lovely, never had it before and when DD2 suggested it I was none too keen, but it's yummmmmmmmmmmm lol me could have eaten it twice lol xx

i don't think mum would like it, sadly....doesnt sound like something she'd eat *sigh* and i hate cooking for myself :(

i don't think mum would like it, sadly....doesnt sound like something she'd eat *sigh* and i hate cooking for myself :(

Aww if you're ever in London, give me a shout and I'll cook it for you xx

oh i am soooooooo going to take you up on that ;)

WI tonight, feel like I've had a good week, so fingers crossed, even with the few days stress and upset, I have managed to stay well within my syns for the week, exercised, drunk loads of water so all looks good....so how much do you want to bet I lose (if I lose) about half a pound lol...oh well as long as I don't gain that'll be cool all in the right direction...but what if I do gain...I'll be disappointed obviously but if I look at the bigger picture I am close to losing 5st which is an amazing achievement in 10 months...so :fingerscrossed:...off to get in a final hour or so of exercise and then feet up for a couple hours, shower then weigh in...feel a little excited for some reason lol
Oh and it's Buffet night tonight, I am taking Chicken Dhansak, home made chutney, some poppadoms and a little rice...it's Curry theme tonight ..yummy xx

All that curry stuff sounds delish.:drool:
And that leek lasagne. Looked gorgeous. One you get a mo point me in the direction of the recipe, will ya? :D

Have fun tonight at class. ;)

Good luck tonight :D

Thanks everyone, lost 2lb this week, am dead happy with that one ...and every little bit of my curry,chutney, poppadoms and rice went too....the greedy beggars didn't leave any for my supper lol...It was really nice this time I must admit, cos I wasn't feeding it to the kids I was able to add a little more chilli and cumin...I love a hit curry and it was hot hot hot lol...so now I have 8 weeks left to lose 4lb for my 5st award or 18lb for my 6st award..and my 1st year anniversary...I am so wanting that 6st award, I can almost taste it lol xxx

Crumble my lovely, your wish is my command and here is the recipe for the Lasagne...we tweaked it today so it's even less syns than the 4.5 syns we used last night. Used a few more leeks and some quark and fromage frais and made enough for 8 for the same amount of syns as we had for 4 of us last night so here you are xx:

Leek Lasagne

Chop 8 Leeks
Dice 2 Onions
20 x Laughing Cow Light (Hexa)
Lasagne Sheets
Gammon (Optional)
Fry Light
126g Light Cheddar Cheese Grated 18 syns
Tub of Quark
1/4 Tub of Fromage Frais
Salt and Pepper
----------------------------------------------------------------
Chop Leeks and dice onions, spray a large pan with fry light and cook them until they soften.
Melt Laughing Cow, with Quark, fromage frais and Water, then mix with the leeks and onions. Dice gammon and mix it all together. Add Salt and Pepper.
Layer a Lasagne dish with layers of the leek mix and Lasagne sheets and top with grated cheese.
Cook at 220°C for 30-40 minutes or until cheese has melted and browned.

Serves 8
2.5 Syns per serving

Lily42uk said:
Thanks everyone, lost 2lb this week, am dead happy with that one ...and every little bit of my curry,chutney, poppadoms and rice went too....the greedy beggars didn't leave any for my supper lol...It was really nice this time I must admit, cos I wasn't feeding it to the kids I was able to add a little more chilli and cumin...I love a hit curry and it was hot hot hot lol...so now I have 8 weeks left to lose 4lb for my 5st award or 18lb for my 6st award..and my 1st year anniversary...I am so wanting that 6st award, I can almost taste it lol xxx

Well done-you rock xxxx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Back