Sick of carrying 2 hitchikers, Part 2....1 down 1 to go !!!!!!!

Menu Tuesday 1st April 2014 EE-Buffet Night at Class!

Breakfast:

Mixed fruit salad (Strawberries, Raspberries, Cherries, Pineapple , Grapes and Melon)
Crumble Yogurt 0.5 syns
Coffee

Lunch:
Homemade Carrot and Coriander Soup
2 x Plums
Water

Buffet at Class: Small Tasters!
Black Bean Salad
Quiche
Mini Cupcake
1 syn
Trifle
Meringue with Quark topping
1.5 syns
Half a rice crispie cake 1.5 syns
Baileys Mocha Syllabub 1 syn

Dinner:
2 x Sausages
2 syns
2 x Bacon
2 x Poached Eggs
200g Home Chunky Fries
4 syns
Mushrooms
Tomatoes Tinned and Grilled
Baked Beans
2 x Bread and Butter
Hexb + 1 syn

Extras:
Pineapple
Grapes
Melon
Wotsits
4.5 syns
3 x Light Mini Babybel
Hexa
50mls milk for tea 1 syn

Syns for today =18/20
Syns for the week, day 1 = 18/140

I feel for you hun and know it's so hard for you to cope with. I saw an article in the daily mail a few days back about treating psoriasis with CBT, is this something you have heard of. Might be worth a shot who knows. Amazing what you see when reading someone's left over newspaper while waiting in the hospital. Also just thinking that as you are losing flesh weight you might be getting too strong a dose of them.

I've been keeping busy decluttering the house a bit in prep for a major spring clean and reorg. Then I want to get some bits fixed and some decorating done, Hoping to do most of it myself so I just plod on on the days I feel up to it. :D

I feel for you hun and know it's so hard for you to cope with. I saw an article in the daily mail a few days back about treating psoriasis with CBT, is this something you have heard of. Might be worth a shot who knows. Amazing what you see when reading someone's left over newspaper while waiting in the hospital. Also just thinking that as you are losing flesh weight you might be getting too strong a dose of them.

I've been keeping busy decluttering the house a bit in prep for a major spring clean and reorg. Then I want to get some bits fixed and some decorating done, Hoping to do most of it myself so I just plod on on the days I feel up to it. :D

I saw that article myself, found it very interesting, something I might look into further but and there is a but, I have had this in one form or another for 43 years, there are 7 major forms of psoriasis and usually you get either one form or another, it is very rare to have more than one form at the same time, of course I have more than one type , I have Plaque psoriasis on my elbows, knees and backs of my hands, I have Guttate Psoriasis on my scalp and a few small patches on the trunk of my body, I have Inverse Psoriasis in my groin and under my breasts and occasionally round my genitals and I have pustular psoriasis on my hands and feet. While most of them come and go, the pustular psoriasis is the hardest one to treat, it is the rarest form and it is very unlikely that I will ever be able to shift it completely, I know 2 other people like me who have it and they are both in the same boat. Over the years I have spent an absolute fortune on one therapy or another, from lotions and potions to drinks and even hypnotherapy as well as acupuncture, nothing has worked and what I have spent would add up to a nice deposit on a house lol, I am at a stage in my life where if I can get a small amount of relief from time to time and I do, I am happy, I do have flare ups too and some can be severe, but I am also not working and neither is Mal, we live of our pensions and benefits and I am loathe to spend money I don't have, I am accepting my lot ....I will have a word with my doctor see what he says but I am not holding my breath about getting treatment on the NHS. Having said that if I get proof of the CBT treatment working I will definitely give it more thought xx
I have been decluttering and spring cleaning the last 3 weeks, house looks so different and especially my bedroom, got a little more that I want to get rid of but I am finding it hard to let it go lol, but I will have to and then when its a bit warmer Mal can start on the decorating, thankfully I'm not a patterned wallpaper kind of person, I have got good quality embossed wall paper (I get it from my brother, he orders it for me and then refuses to take the money, same with paints etc lol...lucky me lol) that I paint whatever colour I fancy, the only walls that need stripping and redoing are the hall, Mal is really looking forwards to doing that job ....NOT ...hahahaha....I prefer to decorate my walls with Photographs rather than patterned papers lol.
Hope you're keeping well lovely xxx:hug99:xxx

Menu Wednesday 2nd April 2014 EE

Breakfast:
3 rashers very crispy bacon
2 eggs scrambled
Chopped Tomatoes
Mushrooms
2 x Toast
Hexb
Coffee (Black with sweetener)

56918-albums4170-picture131941.jpg

Lunch:
Celery and sweetcorn soup
Pineapple
Apple and Sultana Alpen Light Bar
2.5 syns (yes I thought they were 3 syns too but they're not lol)

56918-albums4170-picture131935.jpg

Dinner:
Pork Chop
Mashed Potatoes (mash with veg stock)
Cabbage
Carrots
Peas
75ml Gravy (made up as directed)
1.5 syns

56918-albums4170-picture131939.jpg

Supper:
Cous Cous
Veg Stock
Ham
Peppers
Spring onion
Cucumber
Hellmans Fat Free Vinaigrette

56918-albums4170-picture131937.jpg

Extras:
Pineapple
Melon
Options made with
Hexa Milk + 2syns
wotsits 4.5 syns
Milk for tea and scrambled eggs 1.5 syns

Total Syns for the day = 12

Total syns for the week day 2 = 30/140

Last edited:
I've been told I have psoriasis in my hair, well on my scalp really, but I had no idea there was more than one kind and the consultant didn't tell men any more than that. I kind of thought you'd have already seen the article but just in case. :D

I wish I had any hope of decluttering in 3 weeks, I'm not even sure 3 months will sort it. :( But I must work on it a bit and then there's the garden. :eek: At the minute my main problem is craft stuff and where to keep it all.

I've been told I have psoriasis in my hair, well on my scalp really, but I had no idea there was more than one kind and the consultant didn't tell men any more than that. I kind of thought you'd have already seen the article but just in case. :D

I wish I had any hope of decluttering in 3 weeks, I'm not even sure 3 months will sort it. :( But I must work on it a bit and then there's the garden. :eek: At the minute my main problem is craft stuff and where to keep it all.

I hate having psoriasis in my hair/scalp, fortunately Capasal helps, it's a special shampoo for skin complaints and it works wonders for me, before I got it I was scratching constantly, even though you try not to you can't help yourself, I am sure people thought I had head lice lol...it's about £6 or £7 a bottle and goes a long way as you don't need much, but I get mine on prescription, with all my complaints I am entitled to free prescriptions, thank heavens I am cos I wouldn't be able to afford my meds each month lol
I only saw the article because it was posted up on a couple of the psoriasis support groups I belong to, unfortunately for me I have the palmoplantar pustulosis, which is the pustular psoriasis and it's a nightmare to control let alone get rid of, thankfully I only get it on my hands and feet and under my nails. I have seen some terrible cases where the whole body is covered and it's awful, really awful like nothing you could ever imagine. I think the worst place I ever had it was in my ears, but thankfully and touch wood it doesn't return, it was only there for a few weeks.
I haven't finished my decluttering, it just looks better than it did lol., my house is tiny and I have a flat roof, so no attic and there is only 1 cupboard under the stairs, so no storage either, every room is full as can be....But thankfully I am a reasonably organised person, my parents were so dirty, lazy and such hoarders that I swore I would never be like them, so I make sure everything is just so as much as I can and it wasn't because they had health issues and couldn't do it either, they just couldn't be bothered and wouldn't throw anything out. I am the total opposite of my parents in every way, thank the lord lol xx
The hardest thing I find is not where to store things but what I have to let go of to be able to store it all lol...broken my heart a few times about having to throw out things, but have to do it and bite the bullet, the way I look at it is as long as I have my photos I have as many memories as I need, everything else is just surplus ...did the same with my wardrobe too, took 4 black sacks of clothes to the charity shop, quite a bit I've never worn and most likely never will even if they did fit me, so I kept just the essentials, I can actually fit all my clothes in my wardrobe and draws now lol xx
Hope you're having a great day and enjoying your time at home these days my lovely xxx:hug99:xxx

Last edited:
Menu Thursday 3rd April 2014 EE

Breakfast:

2 x Toast Hexb
Tinned tomatoes and fresh grilled
Scrambled egg
0.5 syns for milk
3 x Crispy Bacon
Mushrooms
Coffee

Snacks
2 x plums
Banana

Lunch:
Celery and Sweetcorn Soup
Alpen Light bar Apple and Sultana
2.5 syns
Apple

Dinner:
Pasta
Chicken, Bacon Carbonara with Hexa of Philadelphia Light + 2 syns
Mixed Salad (Celery, Cucumber, Lettuce, Spring onions, Tomatoes, Peppers)
Hellmanns Fat Free Vinaigrette

Extras:
Melon
Pineapple
2 pieces of fudge
5 syns
Yogurt
Mugshot
Milk for teas
1 syn

Supper:
3 x Ryvita
4.5 syns
1 tbsp Extra Light Mayonnaise
0.5 syns
3 slices ham
Cucumber & Tomato

Total syns for the day =

Total syns for the week, day 3 =
46/140

I wish I had your resolve with stuff. I often say to my irl friend that I can't even throw out rubbish. I watch those hoarder programs and see some of their behaviours in myself. I just hope it never gets to such an extreme level, the only things I compulsively buy are crafty things which I seem to have a need to squirrel away but never seem to be able to get round to using (partly because I can never find what I'm looking for when I need it.) Hence I end up buying cards when I had planned to make them myself.

So atm I am trying to go through everything and decide if it's still worth keeping and ultimately I'll get all I decide to keep put away in an organised fashion, but I can so relate to the pain you feel throwing stuff out, I find it really hard going and have to force myself to do it, it is a constant battle with my inner hoarder, well that and my inner sloth. :D

And once again your food has me drooling. :D Hope you have a great day tomorrow. :D

Hello Lily

Just popping in
My late mum was a psoriasis sufferer too
tried every treatment under the sun .....
so I know how horrid it can be

I wish I had your resolve with stuff. I often say to my irl friend that I can't even throw out rubbish. I watch those hoarder programs and see some of their behaviours in myself. I just hope it never gets to such an extreme level, the only things I compulsively buy are crafty things which I seem to have a need to squirrel away but never seem to be able to get round to using (partly because I can never find what I'm looking for when I need it.) Hence I end up buying cards when I had planned to make them myself.

So atm I am trying to go through everything and decide if it's still worth keeping and ultimately I'll get all I decide to keep put away in an organised fashion, but I can so relate to the pain you feel throwing stuff out, I find it really hard going and have to force myself to do it, it is a constant battle with my inner hoarder, well that and my inner sloth. :D

And once again your food has me drooling. :D Hope you have a great day tomorrow. :D

Hey PP, I don't really have the resolve, what I have is a nagging daughter and Husband, they drive me insane with their, why are you keeping that" all the time, constantly barraging me, so I gave in and just get rid of it now, even though there are times I really struggle, I live with 2 people that are not in the least bit sentimental in any way, I think in some ways that is a good thing and in others ways I hate that they can be so cold and in my opinion heartless.
I like crafting stuff too, but I now limit it to card making mostly, my hands are not often of any use to do crafts with so I tend to make batches of cards when they are ok for a day or 2.
I am really enjoying my food at the moment, I am trying to eat something different to the norm at least once a week, so yesterday we had a brainstorming for meals for the month, I already have a rota pinned to my tablets cupboard for who is cooking dinner and I have 2 lists on my store cupboard, 1 with freezer contents and the other with store cupboards items and as they use them they mark them off, that way I'm not spending money on things I already have and I can see what I have to make meals with...this is a new thing believe me as I turned out my cupboard and found 34 tins baked beans, 22 tins of tomatoes, 52 cans of coke zero ....and so on and my freezer is much the same so I am going to use up pretty much what I have in both before spending money on anything other than the essentials lol
Hope you've had a nice day xxx:hug99:xxx

Hello Lily

Just popping in
My late mum was a psoriasis sufferer too
tried every treatment under the sun .....
so I know how horrid it can be

Hello lovely, thank you for popping by.
Ah bless her, I know there are a lot of conditions out there
that are a lot worse, but it's hard living with something that
restricts your every day life almost constantly, if it were just my
body I think I could bare it more, but my feet especially get me down,
I am unable to walk right now as I have pustules under my toes on my
right foot and they are so sore, which means I am stuck in the house
again...it drives me nuts .
Hope you're keeping well hun xxx:hug99:xxx

56918-albums4063-picture132231.jpg
56918-albums4063-picture132230.jpg

I took these pictures of Harry today, the little monkey is a tea and biscuit-aholic lol every opportunity he gets he is down Grandad's biscuit tin and dunking them in Grandad's tea lol...his favourite biccies are Ginger nuts and he has to have a good strong cuppa just like Nan and Grandad do lol
He looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth, all innocent apart from the tell tale biccies round his mouth, caught him again tonight helping himself to Grandad's last to Ginger nuts lmao xxx

They grow so fast! lol with his strong cuppa bless him xx

Menu Friday 4th April 2014 EE

Breakfast:
Pineapple
Melon
Yogurt
Coffee

Lunch:
Home made Minestrone soup
2 x Plums
Pear

Dinner:
Home made wild west burgers 0.5 syns (Extra Lean Mince, Worcester sauce, 2 tsp dijon mustard, onion, garlic and herbs) with
Hexb Wholemeal Roll and Hexa 30g Cheddar Cheese and Ketchup 1 syn
SW chips
Baked Beans
Salad
56918-albums4170-picture132232.jpg

Extras:
1 square of fudge 2.5 syns
4 rich tea biscuits 4 syns
100ml Blue Diamond Almond Milk for tea 0.5 syns

Supper:
Mugshot
3 ryvita original 4.5 syns
Pineapple
Wotsits
4.5 syns

Syns for today =

Syns for the week, day 4 =
63.5/140

They grow so fast! lol with his strong cuppa bless him xx

They do grow so fast hun, I bet you notice a difference with Eva already after just one week x
OMG if you try to give that boy a weak cuppa or too much milk he has a hissy fit.....bit like his Nanna bless him :giggle: xxx:hug99:xxx

I'd love to see piccies of some of your cards some day. I deffo don't have the willpower to restrict myself to just one craft. I must have at least 30 different ones and no ability to organise them atm, I live in hope.

Were you out at card night? Apart from grocery shopping I've just been pottering but seriously low on energy today for some reason. :D

Cute pics of the ginger snap thief as ever, he must really keep you on your toes. :D

I got the bug, Mark came down with it Thursday, Kirsty on Friday and I came down with it early hours of this morning.
It's a bad one, I feel so weak, I can barely stand, no menu today,food ewww
Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow but right now I feel awful and only want to drink Lucozade
Take care I'll be back as soon as I feel better xx

Feel better soon lily xxx

Back