side effects & general hints from those that know!

I like this one too B. I have just started wearing a bit more costume jewellery now I feel more attractive. It would work for me... and I do struggle to remember how much water I have drunk.

Hi, i'm going for my first consultation/meeting tonight and will hopefully be starting LL next week. I've got just under 5 1/2 stone to lose and wondered whether it would be a good idea if i did the lite version to start and have a gap to let my skin catch up with the weight loss before starting again in the new year... (is this a good idea or should i just go for it all at once?) your thoughts would be most welcome... :)
Husky xx

To be totally honest I would go for the full programme without breaks, it is a lot easier and quicker and your skin soon catches up.
Taking a break is a bad idea IMO, you are far more likely just not to get back to it.
We have similar amounts to lose and goal too. That 5.5 stone will be licked in no time. Start now and you will drop 2 by the end of the year (providing you stick to it of course). Once the weight starts dropping of it is quite addictive I find.
You will find great support on here too.
We have a thread especially for November starters, you might like to post there and introduce yourself.

Oooo, ok. Thanks for the advice. I'm really looking forward to the weight loss and feel ready and motivated, just scared about my skin not catching up!! lol ... I was a little worried at how hard it would be to keep stopping and starting so thanks for your words... have not told anyone, (no friends or family apart from my partner) that i'm starting this diet as i think i'll get far too many opinions for my liking... hence this forum is brill for me!! :)
See you on the november thread :) xx

Oh dear... i wrote out a reply to you Ali but it seems to have disappeared... lol, well i'll thank you again for your advice and hope this one stays on the thread :)
I've said hello on the november thread as you suggested too. Does seem to be alot of support on here, will spend all week reading!! :)
Oooo, getting nervous now for tonight.. although excitement still WAY higher than nerves!!
Husky xx

You will be totally fine, the best thing you ever did for yourself.
There is always someone about, so if there is something you want to say, ask, worried about, just shout. There is always someone to help.

Huskytusky, don't worry about the skin issue, Ali is right in that it will take care of itself. You will be surprised at how it copes and shrinks with your new shape.
I'd agree 100% with Ali, go for broke now as it is just as she said, addictive once you start to see the lbs fall away.
Stick with it the first few days, those are the hardest and just keep coming on here, it's a wonderful place full of friendly folk who will, in my experience, always be about to give assistance, advice and support.
I didn't tell anyone the first time round other than OH and waited until it was really noticable that the weight was falling off me. I am on my second time round and being a bit more upfront. Each to their own and it is your choice and not for anyone else to judge.
Good Luck......

You will be amazed at the speed of the loss, it's fantastic! Sometimes hard to keep track of which stone you are in! Am I 12stone something, no wait, it's 11 stone something. Winner.
Talk about motivating too, you just have to look on it that you should lose somewhere about the stone mark a month. Just think where you will be by christmas, then Valentines day, then next summer......
Works for me!!!!!
Good luck!

On LL and had a couple of headaches in the first week but that might have been due to the lack of caffeine as I am a huge coffee fiend. Had loose bowels a couple of times but I have IBS as well. The most worrying side effect has been two episodes of sever stomach pains and vomiting/nausea. I am not sure what is causing it but my LL counsellor thinks it's a sugar issue. I'm hoping it will settle down.

Hi everyone,

Have been on LL since the beginning of November and all was well until the last week or so. I have started feeling really faint and being sick, well dry retching as there is nothing to bring up. I even nearly passed out at the Dr's. Has anyone else had this sort of reaction?

Hi everyone,

Have been on LL since the beginning of November and all was well until the last week or so. I have started feeling really faint and being sick, well dry retching as there is nothing to bring up. I even nearly passed out at the Dr's. Has anyone else had this sort of reaction?

Yeh I had a week very similar and oddly, I was at the nurse when I nearly conked out!! Have you had milk week yet? I am no good at sums so I cant possibly work this out for myself!

Only on week 6 so not had the milk week yet. Haven't been to a meeting since before new year either as I have been away. It is slightly worrying as I've now got a dodgy tummy too! :confused:

Only on week 6 so not had the milk week yet. Haven't been to a meeting since before new year either as I have been away. It is slightly worrying as I've now got a dodgy tummy too! :confused:

It could be that you have picked up a bug if you have a poorly tummy too! There are a lot about! Make sure you are getting all 4 packs in and that you are drinking enough (but not too much) water. Also, can you contact your LLC by phone? She should be able to talk you through things. When is your next meeting?

Hi bekimo,

You might be right about the tummy bug I hadn't thought of that. My next meeting is on Tuesday providing I'm not snowed in, last week's meeting was cancelled apparently. I will see how I get on over the weekend.

how long do the symptoms last ? had insomnia the past 3 days ( am on day 6 ) and its not good being so tired at work :break_diet:

how long do the symptoms last ? had insomnia the past 3 days ( am on day 6 ) and its not good being so tired at work :break_diet:

Hi, i found it hard to get to sleep for the first 10 day or so. I'm into my third week now, and although it's taking me until about midnight to get to sleep, and am actually getting some sleep now :)

i seem to be ok now i think :wave_cry: i dont go to bed til 12 anyway but i was up til 2.30am staring at the ceiling ! lol :break_diet:

Back