Siezing the day... whatever the day may bring !

Hey Clara, I absolutely love reading your posts even through the dark phases you are still so positive about things and have a wicked sense of humour!

Being in a role that you are not happy in is tragic because you spend so much time at work. There is also such much in the way of politics too that goes on behind the scenes usually, it sounds like your senior manager is stuck between a rock and a hard place, clearly respects you and your skills but has a manager that clashes with you. (Hope I said that in the right way, not intended to offend you) Quite often the senior manager has a similar opinion as our own but due to the position they hold it would be unprofessional to agree! So frustrating! Hang in there hun, focus on what you want and it will happen in time.

I am in a similar position where I work for a friend, she is brilliant at her role but has recently brought in someone else who has upset the apple cafrt, usually mine, grrrrrrrrrrrr I am very outspoken and have spoken to my friend about it, she is depseratly trying to deal with it, but I know its getting her down too! I know in time something better will come along for me so at the moment trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Good luck with the restart hope it is going well, I am chuffing freezing, it wasnt this hard when i started the first time, grrrr! Feeling a bit under the weather today, nothing major, I'm just being a drama queen lol xxx

Thanks for the posts ladies. Made me laugh SB about having the body for prostitution come Christmas. Work situations are the same all over, some good insights shared by you all and it is good to know I am not alone with my cape of sorrow lol

Tonight was my first night back after being off plan due to health stuff. No worse a gain than a holiday away so I can live with that. It will be off in the next week, two at the very most. REally pleased with the new group. Quite a few first timers, and one or two in my weight band so that is always reassuring, as hopefully they will be there alongside me for a little while. Good numbers and a great buzz. I think I can get somewhere with them.

I have a clear idea where I am going, and how I am going to get there. Made a plan for the social occasions comming up shortly, so all set. To support my plan I'm not going to go into any supermarkets. When I am there I tend to buy chicken as I think it wont make a difference, but it does as it slows my weight loss and also messes with my head i think. Remove temptation before temptation removes you !

Onwards and downwards ladies xx

Excellent news about your group it does make a difference when the dynamics are good!

Glad you set some goals I always find they work. Xxx

Great to hear you are enjpying your new group and you have a plan for your upcoming social occasion.
Go Girl go you can do it.
Cathy

Well I think the ketosis fairy is definitely fluttering around, hasn't set up residence yet but it wont be long.

In a good place at the moment. Finally feeling healthy after the speckled egg virus. No sore throat, no headaches no exhaustion ! Happy girl. I was getting fed up with it. The advantage of this is that I can focus on plan and am not tempted to turn to food for comfort. Not that it helped anyway!

First time in a little while I have felt ok, great :)

Work is a bit of a dilema, but I haven't given up hope. Secondment is still there and they are still keen to have me. Other options are going to be comming up on the table. It will move forward one way or another. If not I had better get moving on improving my body for prostitution lol

Routines are getting better, house more sorted, beauty routines going well. My nails look lovely, feet are now smooth, legs hair free, hair coloured and eyebrows plucked. Speckled egg bits now nearly free of speckle and back to normal. I will be a Christmas fox. Next night out planned for beaujolais day in November. Plan to be three stone down by then and kicking a new dress.

So plan comming together.

Hi Clara
Glad to hear the ketosis fairy is well on her way and you are feeling more positive.
I love the dress you will look stunning whichever career choice you make ;)
I do hope your work situaion improves and you get the secondment.My sister always says if its meant for you it wont go past you!!!.So fingers crossed it is meant for you or something better comes your way.
Take care
Onwards and downwards
Cathy

Fab post, you seem to be in a really good place and I'm loving it hun. Wow that dress is stunning I always go for this style it certainly makes me feel sexy and slim! Can wait to see a pic of you in it xxx

Thanks for the posts ladies. Made me laugh SB about having the body for prostitution come Christmas. Work situations are the same all over, some good insights shared by you all and it is good to know I am not alone with my cape of sorrow lol

Tonight was my first night back after being off plan due to health stuff. No worse a gain than a holiday away so I can live with that. It will be off in the next week, two at the very most. REally pleased with the new group. Quite a few first timers, and one or two in my weight band so that is always reassuring, as hopefully they will be there alongside me for a little while. Good numbers and a great buzz. I think I can get somewhere with them.

I have a clear idea where I am going, and how I am going to get there. Made a plan for the social occasions comming up shortly, so all set. To support my plan I'm not going to go into any supermarkets. When I am there I tend to buy chicken as I think it wont make a difference, but it does as it slows my weight loss and also messes with my head i think. Remove temptation before temptation removes you !

Hey lovely, happy to share the cape of sorrow with you, temporarily, it gave me the time I needed to get my head straight, so thank you!
glad you are feeling much better, and bless her the ketosis fairy will soon be working full time with you!
Wicked dress, and lovely target to go for, minus the speckles of course!

Hope you have a great weekend everyone
Jx

Hi Clara
Thank you for supporting me through my rough patch.I hope all is well with you and your weight is melting away.
Cathy

Hey Clara, how are you getting on Hun?

I feel like I am messing around with this diet now to suit my own needs! So on a Wednesday I wake up and think total this week and by Friday I feel the need to switch to lite! Grrrr xxx

Hope you are doing well hunni, hump day today, love Wednesdays!

That's one way to lose calories !!!!!!;)

Know what you mean Lady T. My week has turned into a bit of a messing about week this week as well. God Damn it ! Was seriously thinking about switching to slimming world as I have a few social things comming up where food will be an issue ! Coupled with a number of comments in the vein of you dont need to be doing that expensive diet !

Anyway I have sat down and looked at my social calender, two social occasions I can choose not to eat at and not feel as if I have lost out too much. One weekend away and one friend visiting who I havent seen in 4 years. Those will be more of a challenge as I will want to both eat and drink. I find it almost impossible to make the choice not to. My thinking goes like this :- I hardly ever go out, I deserve the treat, the occasion wont be the same without the favorite drugs of choice, I will miss out. The list goes on.

What is beihind it I think is that I dont do enough things regularly to maintain positives in my life. Over the last few years I have allowed my social life to wither, life revolving around work, eating and sleeping. When a social situation then comes along that I feel up to going to ( dont always feel up to par to going out as well ... flaming depression sucks lol ) I want to go out, enjoy myself and wring all the joy from the time that I can. This is hard wired for me as joining in with eating and drinking. I know there are other activities that I can participate in that don't involve eating and drinking but it is one of my favorite passtimes. I have gotten my head around it for after lighter life as I have sussed it that it is not what you do on the odd occasion in the year rather the day in and day out routines and habits, so I am not worried about it when I return to food.

Anyway, sat down yesterday and had a long hard look at my calender. Between now and November 17th there are 5 consecutive days when I will be choosing to be off plan. This is no big deal in the scheme of 5 days in an 84 day period. IT makes no sense at all to jeaopardise all my hard work by going to a different plan for the sake of that. It would also make no sense to stay off plan till those 5 days have gone. I can do a lot of damage that way.

So plan of attack is, not to let the upcomming festivities phase me. Focus on what I can achieve prior and after those 5 days, and still achieve my goals by Christmas. Not the best choice as the best choice would be total abstinence, but a choice I am happy with.

Wish me well lovelies xx

Clarabow,

I am in the same situation with social events coming up, one being a lovely trip away for my wedding anniversary, also I got married on my birthday so I suppose at least thats not 2 seperate dates hahah.

I have already decided to do those 3-4 days of that week on LLL, we will be out exploring and I will be more than happy to have a bar whilst hubby grabs a sandwich, so just the evening meal to deal with.

I think for me I would feel hard done by not having that evening meal whilst away, and for me that feeling is the danger point, the one which could lead to bad binging.

You sound as if you have given it great consideration as I have, and still have your target in mind with the plan on how to get there.

wishing you lots of luck xx

Hi Clara sounds like a plan! Planning for things is the key to success! You ate doing do well and I always find your posts very engaging which is good!

You can do this! if you did move plan you wouldn't lose the same amount of weight on another one, so LL and going off plan is better than SW in comparison I believe!

Keep smiling beautiful xxx

Hi Clara,
I'm glad you have decided not to switch weight loss programmes, but to make LL work for you.
You have done so well with us it would seem a shame to change now.
Regarding the comments from others - what would you say to someone else? I can hear you now - ignore them !!
I think you are like me - it's much easier advising someone else than yourself.............?
I have known many people move off to other diets and then struggle - they often come back.
So stick to your plan, decide what's best for you. We all need a balance in our lives and social interaction is so important, seeing friends, having a bit of fun -especially if you can't always do it - sieze the moment. Let yourself have a good time.
Hugs to you Clara. You are always so supportive to everyone else. xx

Thanks for your support Lady T and SB. SB you are such a treasure, thank you for taking the time to post when you are up to your eyes in difficulties of your own. Much appreciated, I hope progress is being made and you start to feel wonderful real soon.

Weigh in last night, not a great loss but grateful for any loss at all with the week I allowed myself to have. Head in a much better place after some planning and adult talking. Spoke to my lighter life counsellor last night, she was tickled when I was telling her about my crooked thinking. Out of the crooked cycle I was even able to chuckle about it myself. Her comment was whilst shaking her head in disbelief and laughing "i'd really like to see inside your head on times, to see what is going on!" Well I never said I was sane !

Got my mood board up in the kitchen, Christmas dress is on it as is Pauline Quirk, Maralyn Monroe and Dita Von Teese. ( oh and some nice china from M&S and a pink bin lol ) I have been listening to my copy of the secret to and from work and practicing my prayer.

In a good place head wise at the mo, every thing else will come. After all we loose the weight with our heads !

Aw hun you sound do much more positive in this post. Well done on the loss hopefully that has put you in a good place to start this week off!

I assume your mood board is the same as my vision board!?! I find it a great source to help me visualise what I want in life, including some stuff around my idea weight being on there!

You and I sound very similar in what makes us tick, I often listen to the secret, especially when I feel I need putting back on the right path. Have you read a book called the key to living the law of attraction, by jack canfield it is a really good book it has a few exercises in it to help you with positive thinking and affirmations etc.

Keep up the good work xxx

I love The Secret too. Can I join your gang ?

Back