silicon fairy cake cases

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
If anyone is going to make florentine biscuits for christmas presents, these little cases are just the job. Just put a bit of the mixture in the bottom, put in oven for 5 mins and wait till cold. They pop out just the right size ready for the chocolate. My daughter has just made some for her nanna as a prezzie and she is thrilled with them. It saved all the hastle of having to shape them when they come out of the oven hot.
Has anyone else found uses for the silicon bakeware range thats a bit unusual. I also bought some silicon egg poacher baskets from Aldi today so will be trying them out tomorrow at brekkie.

Oh yes, I also got some edible glitter yesturday as seen on Kirstys home made christmas so everything is getting a sprinkle of that too, its fantastic stuff and makes such a difference to the finished dish.

I'll often use a cake "tin" to roast sausages in the oven. I love silicone bakewear as you can squash it all up in a tupperware type box.Saves lots of room.I do meatloaf and fruit jellies in the loaf tin, and the egg poaching pods from lakeland are good.

Thanks Judi, I would thank you but the thanks button has vanished from your post! Good idea doing the sausages in it, they always stick to the tins.

Back