silicone bakeware loaf tin

charlottegrace1

Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone has used a slicone loaf tin to make a meatloaf in before. I have only used it for bread etc but have just put a meatloaf in the oven and wondering what to expect when it comes out. I'm half expecting some fat to be sitting in the bottom of it which is good cos it can be drained off, just so long as the meatloaf doesn't fall out when I'm driaing it lol. Does the silicone get tainted with smells from cooking does anyone know too?

I've made my own stuffing in my silicone loaf tin when I've needed lots because people are coming round. It's great and doesn't stick at all. Fat does gather in the bottom and you will need to drain it off but watch out because you will need to hold the meatloaf in at the same to stop it slipping out ( bit of a juggling act!!).
Mine has never tainted and i use it for bread, cakes, stuffing etc. I love it! Wonderful invention!

Thanks, I did my meatloaf in it and it was fantastic. As you say the fat collects in the bottom and is a juggling act to stop the loaf slipping out but other than that BRILLIANT! I also think that because the meatloaf didn't stick to the case, there was a lot more fat that I was able to drain off than in a normal metal tin because it was able to get out the tin, or is that just me and wishful thinking lol.

Back