Silly Moo Panic Time - Meal Out

Zebs07

Dance the positive spin..
Hubby is taking me out to dinner on Friday and its an occasion i dont want to swerve! However cos im so in the Dukan zone, im wary of messing up! Also i gotta take the plunge and eat outside the house sometime lol.

In planning on having a steak with veg or salad and just asking them to hold the chips or potatoes! I will also make sure no dressing on salad and just add a bit vinegar!

But should i be worrying about what they cook the steak in (i dont mean sauce, i mean be it butter or oil etc) or should i just get a grip, drop the control freak panic mode and let life deal the cards for that one detail ???? lol

Also im sure i read somewhere that Dukan'ers shud have their steak well done - i couldnt, i just couldnt - so that will def be a 'live a little and ignore' detail lol. Has to be rare for me! Lol

dont panic.... i eat the steak when out every weekend since starting the diet and have lost every time ;) i just ask for extra steamed veg instead of chips/potatoes

oh and i have mines medium rare

Ive had loads of meals out and I dont think its made any difference to the weight loss I either have steak or fish with vegetables I always ask for extra veg instead of potatoes and each restaurant has always been very accommodating so NO panic Zebs

I'm also a rare steak lass and ask them to hold the potatoes and get extra salad/veg. Make sure they don't put butter in your veggies though.

Enjoy your meal :)

Awww thanks folks - i feel way better already! I can now just look forward to it; instead of worrying!

Newbie nerves i guess... lol

If there's no other solution re butter/oil, just have 1 atkins meal. That won't do any harm either. Enjoy your meal :) x

I live on steak on dinners out with salad and take my own dressing. I don't worry what it's been cooked in and I have lost every week so far!!! ENJOY - great that you are so focused though!

Thank you all :) :) :) im loving these replies! Folk after my own heart! Steak a go go - here i come! Lol

While im on here - has anyone got a link to a list of the 'tolerated items' i hear you's all talking about!

Also me no shifty wifty :)-o if you know what i mean) since early Monday and notice that rhubarb is recommended on here! Is that a veg then, not a fruit, and is it still ok to use on pp days too! Sorry for ignorance, but i dont know about these tolerated items - cant find em in my book x

list of tolerated items is at the top in the FAQs thread :) and yes rhubarb is a veg so can have it on pv days or as a tolerated item on PP days

Wow wow wow wow - Hubby not working so we ended up going for lunch instead of dinner - so as to avoid guilt re not taking kids with us in evening lol

Had asparagus (Dukan-okay) with poached egg (Dukan-okay) but with some lemon cream and butter (not so Dukan-okay lol).

Then .. Steak ... rib-eye rare (not so Dukan-okay cut wise; but was the only steak option), NO chips or potaroes and a side order of wok-vegetables (sugar snap peas, brocolli, mini corn, green beans and wee bit carrot)!

Overall i reckon it was as Dukan-okay as i could choose!

I have ansolutely no idea was other fats/butter etc were used in the cooking processes but hey ho.... IT WAS ULTRA FAB!

No pudding - just a pot of tea! But i forgot my sweeteners and they didnt have any so i also had 3 lumps sugar! I wud have preferred not have the tea cos of that but i dudnt realise till it was already in front of me so cudnt justify leaving it :(

I hope none of the above has done me much damage! I havent lost weight all week anyway (am on Day 7 cruise after 5 days attack) and have in fact put on slightly - tho im trying to explain that by me not having shifty-wifty whotsit since early early Monday!

Talking of which 'transit issue' lol - im now sitting in tesco car park while hubby tries to find rhubarb! Not that i know how to cook it lol. Also permitted list says 100g cooked but that doesnt help me with the raw weight pmsl...

Back