Silly Moo Panic Time - Meal Out

Zebs07

Dance the positive spin..
S: 12st7.5lb C: 11st9.5lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 24.9 Loss: 0st12lb(6.84%)
Hubby is taking me out to dinner on Friday and its an occasion i dont want to swerve! However cos im so in the Dukan zone, im wary of messing up! Also i gotta take the plunge and eat outside the house sometime lol.

In planning on having a steak with veg or salad and just asking them to hold the chips or potatoes! I will also make sure no dressing on salad and just add a bit vinegar!

But should i be worrying about what they cook the steak in (i dont mean sauce, i mean be it butter or oil etc) or should i just get a grip, drop the control freak panic mode and let life deal the cards for that one detail ???? lol

Also im sure i read somewhere that Dukan'ers shud have their steak well done - i couldnt, i just couldnt - so that will def be a 'live a little and ignore' detail lol. Has to be rare for me! Lol

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

ellie1969

Gold Member
S: 16st0lb C: 12st13lb G: 10st3lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 3st1lb(19.2%)
dont panic.... i eat the steak when out every weekend since starting the diet and have lost every time ;) i just ask for extra steamed veg instead of chips/potatoes

oh and i have mines medium rare

CHRISR

Gold Member
Ive had loads of meals out and I dont think its made any difference to the weight loss I either have steak or fish with vegetables I always ask for extra veg instead of potatoes and each restaurant has always been very accommodating so NO panic Zebs

cheryl7

S: 12st11lb C: 12st3lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 31.3 Loss: 0st8lb(4.47%)
I'm also a rare steak lass and ask them to hold the potatoes and get extra salad/veg. Make sure they don't put butter in your veggies though.

Enjoy your meal :)

Zebs07

Awww thanks folks - i feel way better already! I can now just look forward to it; instead of worrying!

Newbie nerves i guess... lol

Mirjam

Never Ever Give Up!
S: 82kg C: 76.3kg G: 63kg BMI: 26.4 Loss: 5.7kg(6.97%)
If there's no other solution re butter/oil, just have 1 atkins meal. That won't do any harm either. Enjoy your meal :) x

trudyc

Gold Member
S: 19st9lb C: 15st13lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 37.7 Loss: 3st10lb(18.91%)
I live on steak on dinners out with salad and take my own dressing. I don't worry what it's been cooked in and I have lost every week so far!!! ENJOY - great that you are so focused though!

Zebs07

Thank you all :) :) :) im loving these replies! Folk after my own heart! Steak a go go - here i come! Lol

While im on here - has anyone got a link to a list of the 'tolerated items' i hear you's all talking about!

Also me no shifty wifty :)-o if you know what i mean) since early Monday and notice that rhubarb is recommended on here! Is that a veg then, not a fruit, and is it still ok to use on pp days too! Sorry for ignorance, but i dont know about these tolerated items - cant find em in my book x

ellie1969

Gold Member
S: 16st0lb C: 12st13lb G: 10st3lb BMI: 30.1 Loss: 3st1lb(19.2%)
list of tolerated items is at the top in the FAQs thread :) and yes rhubarb is a veg so can have it on pv days or as a tolerated item on PP days

Zebs07

Aw superb Ellie - thank you! Ill scoot over there now :)

Zebs07

Wow wow wow wow - Hubby not working so we ended up going for lunch instead of dinner - so as to avoid guilt re not taking kids with us in evening lol

Had asparagus (Dukan-okay) with poached egg (Dukan-okay) but with some lemon cream and butter (not so Dukan-okay lol).

Then .. Steak ... rib-eye rare (not so Dukan-okay cut wise; but was the only steak option), NO chips or potaroes and a side order of wok-vegetables (sugar snap peas, brocolli, mini corn, green beans and wee bit carrot)!

Overall i reckon it was as Dukan-okay as i could choose!

I have ansolutely no idea was other fats/butter etc were used in the cooking processes but hey ho.... IT WAS ULTRA FAB!

No pudding - just a pot of tea! But i forgot my sweeteners and they didnt have any so i also had 3 lumps sugar! I wud have preferred not have the tea cos of that but i dudnt realise till it was already in front of me so cudnt justify leaving it :(

I hope none of the above has done me much damage! I havent lost weight all week anyway (am on Day 7 cruise after 5 days attack) and have in fact put on slightly - tho im trying to explain that by me not having shifty-wifty whotsit since early early Monday!

Talking of which 'transit issue' lol - im now sitting in tesco car park while hubby tries to find rhubarb! Not that i know how to cook it lol. Also permitted list says 100g cooked but that doesnt help me with the raw weight pmsl...