Silver's Diary

fabulous loss this week ciara... anouther step closer to target

First of all congrats on the weight loss this week Silver - amazing - you are right on track and your wonderful attitude is gonna get you to target right on time!!!I am super excited to hear what your family think when they visit!!! Your post for Day 103 reminds me of how quickly things can go pear shaped on your diet plan - like you say you were thinking about the cookie sandwich etc and when we do that it is so easy to give in and 'have a treat'!!! I know I can't do that and thank goodness each time I have those thoughts I have been strong and walked away!!!! Not always that easy so a huge pat on the back for not giving in!!! Have a great week Silver and well done on the time for your 5k - v impressive x

The cinema is always a hurdle, & I know how much you love your Ben & jerry's like me silver! :( its so hard to sit there empty handed when we're seemingly ingrained to watch a film with a bucket of popcorn/ice cream/fanta/[insert other hideously overpriced foodstuff here] & everyone else is mindlessly munching away. :( After a conso gala lunch on friday, I ended up getting in to a right state at the cinema that evening when I couldn't have pick & mix - even though I would have hated myself if I had eaten it..! I was actually tearful over a bag of sweets! (mind you I'm partially blaming pmt on this occasion!) what I'm trying to say is you did amazingly well to resist temptation, and they say the more you use your resistance muscle the stronger it becomes next time. Topping it off with that 5k as well, you must be buzzing! I run my 5ks in exactly the same time :) (8.5 on the treadmill?!) huge well done, keep the faith & remember that compliment every time you feel your willpower faltering - but it sounds like you're doing just fine. Xx

Thanks guys :) I did really feel kinda gutted about not getting the icecream sandwich but at the same time I was really proud lol. And it seemed to have paid off because this morning I was another 2.2lbs down :spit: :hmm: Must be something wrong with my scales 'cause that's weird....

Lorly, I run along the waterfront near my apt. I can never manage treadmills for some reason. I'm in the process of getting ready for a 5K on saturday for Cinco de Mayo. I think I'm going to go up to the course tomorrow and try it out. I bet there's hills all over the place. Seattle has a suprising amount of them :confused:

Day 104

PV day today

Breakfast was oatbran and yogurt

Lunch was a salad - spinach, egg, cucumber, onion, tomato, beetroots and chicken, eaten out with my personal trainer :)

Dinner was grilled chicken with some reisling vinegar, roast yellow squash and shallots and steamed asparagus. Dessert was 2 Jello pots.

Went back to the gym today and got a kickboxing class under my belt. I was going to do spinning tomorrow morning but I think I'll run the course for Saturday's 5K instead. I also signed up for a bootcamp in my gym so I've got that too....but I forget what time :eek: Will have to ring.

Exhausted reading your post again Silver - glad the scales looking promising for this week!!! Will keep everything crossed for you......x

Day 105

PP today.

Breakfast was yogurt and oat bran

Went to my trainers for lunch and she made me an omelette with a small amount of mushrooms and gave me a bowl of 0% yogurt after :)

Dinner was chicken, crab and t bacon dry fried with seasonings.

No exercise today. Going to run tomorrow and do kickboxing. I've also got a doc appt. Should be fun, she hasn't seen me since sometime in February I think.

Just looking at your weight loss ticker is amazing - I wish I had done one from the start as it is hard to chart what I lost and when now and I would like to look back at it again!!! Doc gonna think she had the wrong patient in front of her!! That healthy BMI is just around the corner and how amazing is it gonna feel.... You deserve it though Silver, your stamina and determination is a real credit and whenever you feel down you need to give yourself a huge pat on the back for your achievements on Dukan and with your personal training - way to go Silver - I take my hat off to you!! x

Day 106

PV today.

I skipped breakfast because I was fasting before my doc appt. In the end I didn't even get the glucose and cholesterol tests because my results were so good last time the Dr. figured I should be fine :)

Lunch was a salad, spinach, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroots and chicken with balsamic.

Dinner was one of our "mushes". So turkey mince browned with smoked salt, garlic and crushed chillies. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, some sweet peppers, brussel sprouts and t bacon. Mix in a lil water and some veg stock/boullion. Then I threw in some NF cheese and an egg for fun :p Turned out quite well :eat:

Exercise was a 5K run, followed by an unexpected 5K walk....I thought I was just meeting my neighbour for a quick coffee lol.

Doc told me I "looked like a totally new person" and when she looked at the stats from my last check-up her face got serious and she said "wow......so you were 226lbs in Feb...and now you're 179? Go you!" :)

Also, for a laugh, I tried on my under-bust corset. It normally has a 4-5 inch gap at the back when it's as tight as I can get it but now there's no gap :D I can't tighten it any further and it's actually quite comfortable! It's a size 28"Waist :bunnydance:

Silver

I LOVE that you're always eating Brussel sprouts - we adore them in our (smelly and windy!) house! ;)

P x

Glad said Doc was impressed - so she should be - bet your feeling on top of the world Silver.... Keep going gal! xx

Day 107

PP today

Late breakfast of eggs and t bacon

Lunch was a turkey burger

Dinner was steak at the Cheesecake factory, before heading to the midnight showing of The Avengers. Great movie. Really enjoyed it. Will be going again :D

I was bad and had a frozen lemonade cup/icecream thing. About the same calories as a margarita. I didn't finish it which is a first for me really. I was raised to always finish my food lol. James gives out to me for that mentality a lot.
Anyway the whole evening really cheered me up after a stupid day where I worked myself into a tizzy by focusing on all my little stresses and fears until each was blown waaay outta proportion. I gotta learn not to be silly :p

Day 108

PV today.

Breakfast was yogurt and oatbran

Lunch was leftovers from 2 nights ago.

Dinner was a salad James made.

Tomorow is Cinco de Mayo and our 5K run :) Starts at 9:30 so we're catching the bus at 8:20 to give us plenty of time. :cross: hope I do well and can keep up with my faster friends :)

Good luck for tomorrow rest well and fingers crossed for a good time x

Hahaha Ciara, what you going to wear?

Back